NFL Week2: Jamal Lewis goes nuts, The Bucs can't kick, and Chizip still loves Bulger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Chizip is breathing a sigh of relief today, that is for sure.

--The Rams finally decide to give Marshall Faulk the ball in the second half. What a shocking idea. I mean, Dick Vermiel only won a Super Bowl by running the offense through Marshall as opposed to through the quarterback. Mike Martz doesn't seem to understand that, though. Funny though... when Kurt Warner is the quarterback, Martz runs the offense through Warner, throwing the ball 900 times a game and largely ignoring Faulk. Warner then looks like crap, and the fans get pissed. When he uses Bulger, he relies more on Faulk than he does when Warner's in the game, and Bulger looks better, and the fans are happy. Now if he'd only run the offense through Faulk when Warner is in the game... oh well. Watch Dick Vermiel win the AFC this year on the shoulders of Priest Holmes, just like he did with Faulk.

--Even though the Rams looked much better this week than they did against the Giants, they still were fortunate to walk away with the OT win. Garcia and Terell Owens. run a perfect 2 minute drill, ending up with a T.O. T.D. with 14 seconds left. Not wanting a big kickoff return, the 9ers just squib kick the ball... and wouldn't ya know the damned thing bounces off the helmet of a Ram, making it a live ball, and San Fran recovers. They throw deep to Cedrick Wilson, in good field goal range. Rather than going down, stopping the clock with a time out, and kicking a game winning field goal, Wilson tries to run for the endzone, gets no where, and the clock runs out. The Rams win the coin toss before OT, drive down the field, kick the field goal and win the game.

--Jamal Lewis predicts before the game that if he got the ball 30 times, he'd break the single game rushing record. He gets the ball 30 times, and runs for 295 yards... a new NFL single game record, and there was much rejoicing by anyone who has Lewis on their fantasy team. yayy... yayy... yayy

--Drew Bledsone tears apart the Jacksonville secondary, and there is much rejoicing in Arun V's house. yayy... yayy... yayy

--The Raiders almost lose to the Bungles... the Raiders are old.

--Vinny Testeverde throws for 375 yards and still loses... Vinny is old, and Curtis Martin blows.

--The anti-christ, Bill Parcells, comes back to Giants Stadium to face my G-Men tonight on Monday Night Football. No word on if the Tuna and Jeremey Shockey will sing a duet of "Stan" durring halftime.

Last edited:
Re: NFL Week2: Jamal Lewis goes nuts, The Bucs can't kick, and Chizip still loves Bulger

Headache in a Suitcase said:
--The anti-christ, Bill Parcells, comes back to Giants Stadium to face my G-Men tonight on Monday Night Football. No word on if the Tuna and Jeremey Shockey will sing a duet of "Stan" durring halftime.

That is the only story-line for tonights game. It is truly going to be BAD football.

Well come on... there's that big showdown between Qunicy Carter and the Giants secondary... and... and... um... yeah alright. It's gonna be a blowout. Woo hoo!

I heard that the Cowboys signed Spongebob Square Pants in an effort to counter Michael Strahan of the Giants...

2579.jpg
spongebob.jpg

Re: Re: NFL Week2: Jamal Lewis goes nuts, The Bucs can't kick, and Chizip still loves Bulger

zonelistener said:
That is the only story-line for tonights game. It is truly going to be BAD football.

You would say that, now wouldn't you.

Curtis Martin sucks... and so do my friggin Giants. How... in the bluest of blue hells... do you kick the kickoff out of bounds, when all you need to do is keep the ball IN bounds, and the game is all but over?!?!?!?! What a travesty... the Giants don't show up until the 2nd half, in which they dominate the Cowboys, only to blow the entire comeback on pure stupidity. KEEP THE DAMN BALL IN BOUNDS!!!

hahahaha, i saw that

that was funny

i would be pissed if i were a giants fan

Wife of benched QB sounds off again

By R.B. FALLSTROM, AP Sports Writer
September 29, 2003
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The wife of benched St. Louis Rams quarterback Kurt Warner sounded off again Monday, saying in a radio interview that a trade would be welcomed after the season if the situation stayed the same.

Last season, Brenda Warner called a radio show to complain that she -- and not coach Mike Martz -- had suggested that the two-time MVP have his injured hand X-rayed. The X-ray revealed a broken hand that Warner had been playing with.

On Monday, Brenda Warner told ``Steve and D.C.'' on The Mall that her husband wouldn't mind changing teams.

``Probably, just from the point that we want to play, he wants to play, plain and simple,'' Brenda Warner said. ``So, if he's not going to play here, then he wants to play somewhere.

``You just want to be wanted, like anybody, whether you're a D.J. or whatever you do.''

Marc Bulger has started ahead of Warner the last two weeks, although Martz said at the time of the change that it wasn't necessarily permanent. Brenda Warner reiterated that a new city would be fine if her husband doesn't get his starting job back.

``So you know what?'' Brenda Warner said. ``We're open for anything. We've always said we trust God in everything that happens for us. This is one of the things that we've got, again, to put our trust in Him and know that He'll take care of us.''

Kurt Warner told TV station KSDK, for whom he's paid for weekly interviews, that he's beginning to think about life after the Rams.

``I'm starting to imagine it a little more every day, I think,'' Warner said. ``It's not something I think about often, it's not something I want to transpire.

``But with the way it looks like ... the direction of this team is going, it's a distinct possibility.''

Last December, Brenda Warner called KFNS to complain her husband had his broken hand X-rayed at her suggestion.

``Martz had nothing to do with it,'' Brenda Warner said then. ``All week long I said, 'Kurt, I'm a nurse, you should go get it X-rayed.' The doctors never once said he should get an X-ray. (They) said, 'No, it's only bruised.'''

Back
Top Bottom