NFL Week 4... what the friggin hell happened to my picks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
---I didn't even want to start a thread on this week's NFL games... seeing as i lost most of my teams from my office pool before the 4:00 game even started. Bahhh... who would think that Houston and Cincinatti would both win, and the Eagles, who have looked like complete garbage so far this season, would also pull one out over a team that looked like world beaters in weeks 1 and 2. Thus be the NFL under the salary cap... parity abounds... a team that looks great one week can look like poop the next, and vice versa.

---What a gutsy call by Dom Capers to go for it on 4th and goal from inside the 1 yard line instead of kicking the field goal and going to OT. Such is coaching in the NFL... he goes for it and it succeeds, he's a genious. If Carr would have been stopped short, he would have been blasted as a moron for not taking the sure tie and going to overtime.

---Byron Leftwich looks to be legit, as long as he stops turning the damn ball over.

---No team has the potential to piss off more betters come playoff time than the Colts. If they keep going like this, tons of people are gonna put money on them heading into the playoffs... where they collapse on an annual basis. Is this the year they finally fulfill all the promise they have? or are they destined for another embarassing January?

---Who has been more up and down than the Bills? They look like they're going to run away with the AFC East after weeks 1 and 2, and then they forget how to get into the endzone in two bad loses weeks 3 and 4.

---The Jets really really suck. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be telling those doctors to keep Pennington's cast on till the end of the season. Right now they seem like a lock for a top 5 draft pick. Pennington comes back and "rallys" them to a 6-10, 7-9 record, they miss the playoffs AND get stuck with a mid 1st round pick.

---Your undefeated teams... Kansas City, Denver, Indy & Minnesota, all at 4-0... Carolina & bye team Seattle at 3-0.

---Your hopless teams... San Diego, Jacksonville & the Jets at 0-4, Chicago at 0-2 heading into tonight's monday nighter against the Packers... the grand opening of the newly renovated Soldier Field...

soldier1_large.jpg

soldierT_pic.gif

old_new_02.jpg

Last edited:
I'm always sorry to come here and find so few NFL discussions. I'd love to get into some. I have been an avid football fan for years, but this year I gave up watching for my own sanity and lo and behold my 2 favorite teams are 4-0! I was bad luck and now my leaving has helped them. I will not post again on this subject as I don't want to curse them with my presence:uhoh:

Herm Edwars will surely be the first coach fired this year.
The J-e-t-s may be bad, but his coaching decisions are mind boggling. Last week's fake FG vs the Pats was imbecillic, and not taking a field goal to get to 17-9 late in the game shows both a lack of faith in his team and a lack of understanding of time/score management.

As for the Colts...their defense is much improved, but they'll still fade.
Da Bears looked sad last night, possibly the league's worst with Kordell at the helm.

Back
Top Bottom