NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said this game will not have been lost by anything Peyton did. He is the golden boy after all:sick:

trojanchick99 said:

Yup. And he sold out his O line at the Post Game press conference. That's not cool. Not as bad as Tiki Barber, but still.

haha i missed that, what did he say?

Peyton Manning said:
Ding dong, the witch is dead! :happy:

:uhoh: :eek:: Oops, I mean, where is Tom today, he's not posting. Since he's such a good sport, I was hoping he'd come in and congratulate the Broncos on a good game and wish me luck!

The reason I never 'gave them their due' is because they never were the best team. I admit they spooked us, and we blew it. I would have liked to have faced them in the championship game, but we have proven we can beat them so that's not a factor. All I care about right now is the Steelers, I must go prepare myself for this important game mentally and physically.

:happy:

StlElevation said:

haha i missed that, what did he say?

He said that he was trying to be a good teammate, but there were problems in pass protection today. He then complimented Pitts D, and again said but there were still breakdowns in pass protection. Heck, i was suprised he didn't call out the "liquored up" kicker while he was at it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
hehehehehe... i'll post an actuall response eventually, but for now all i can do is simply laugh

Well, I must say that you did a remarkable job of jinxing the Colts with your last post. Keep it up.

StlElevation said:

seeing a team lose vs the day your campbell's chunky soup squad got into the superbowl?

:eyebrow:

Why are those ads still on? I think Jerome Bettis mama should get one. They have never missed one of their son's game in his whole career...Holy crap!!

By the way did you see the shots of the two Indy fans sitting in front on Mama and Papa Bettis...the look of disgust on their faces was priceless.

ljclary said:

Why are those ads still on? I think Jerome Bettis mama should get one. They have never missed one of their son's game in his whole career...Holy crap!!

And judging from his midsection, Jerome really likes Chunky Soup.

I heard the NFL outsourced their officiating to the Sun Belt conference for this playoff season.

If the Steelers don't have any turnovers next week, they will beat Denver because they will be able to move the ball just as easily as the Patriots did against that defense.

Of course, Denver's speciality is giving up a lot of yards but making the big play when it counts.

Kind of like the Patriots the last few years...

As for the NFC, I picked Carolina before the season began, and I'm sticking with them.

wow. I am hung over already.
Okay people, the Bears offense played well enough to win today. the defense couldn't get it done. at halftime I texted half my phone book that the bears sucked. When the game was over i texted almost all my phonebook that the end was near for me. :|

:sad:

pepokiss said:
don't you dare to say anything about Dan :sad: :madwife:

Agreed. Dan Marino had a *lot* less to work with.

I'm going to continue to pile on Peyton Manning here, so if you don't want to read it, feel free not to.

I just saw his comment about "problems with pass protection" on SportsCenter, and I read somewhere else that he was disappointed because he thought he had prepared for this game as much as any game in his career.

He just doesn't get it. Most of the pressure came on Pittsburgh blitzes. Sure, the coaches and O-line could have done a better job of protecting him. But when the D blitzes, the offense has an advantage downfield. The QB has to be able to improvise on occasion by dodging the pass rush and either gaining yards himself or completing a pass.

Manning might be the best QB in history when he's got the right play called, but he's an average QB when something unexpected happens.

Last edited:
peyton manning would put up worse numbers if he switched to a call it at the huddle, conventional type offense.

peyton manning would win more games if he switched to a call it at the huddle, conventional type offense.

oh man i can't wait till tommorow when i'm gonna respond to u2kitten's thread... this may be the first time in my interfernce life that i'm actually looking forward to a post and preparing it in my mind. but until then...

hahahahahahahahahahaha :tosses water bottle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom