NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
speedracer said:

Hard to win handing the ball off to the same guy on every play, though. Maybe the Bears can run a wishbone or something.

Actually, Adrian Peterson has also done well this season.

Moreover, the Panthers should know better than to leave Moose alone.

I checked the paper and the Bears are the favorite but you'd never know it from the picks made here. :shrug: It won't be a blow out but the Bears offense is capable of scoring points.

So for all those who jumped onto the anti-pats bandwagon....congrats.....

this fan is sulking back to her room...taking off her jersey that she has worn alot...and laying down to sleep

tomorrow when she wakes up she will see that "tomorrow is another day"....and not a chance in hell will an AFC team win the Superbowl.....

Well...actually..she wakes up next year when the Pats are 14-2!!!!!

i'd like to be able to feel the sadness that losing twice in 5 years brings... it would be nice.

i'm a strong believer in the 5 year grace rule... if my team wins a championship, they've got 5 years to screw around before i start caring if they're actually good enough to win again.

my teams haven't won a championship since 1990, 1986, and 1973 :sad: just one would be nice. maybe the knicks can win this year...

bahhhhhhhhh hahahahahahah yea right.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

that was the ultimate sign that the pats reign was over.

I'd hardly suspect that the Patriots' reign is over just because they didn't win it all this year (unless you were strictly thinking about winning them in a row). Their schedule is much easier next year, and they'll still be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think they are going away at all. They'll be a contender for several more years.

It's a famous old football saying, much used on the old NFL films, that it's better to be lucky than good. I believe this, because I have seen 'good' teams be beaten by 'lucky' teams who at times were not as 'good.' It does happen that the balls and the calls go one way and not another, not talking about any one particular game, but it does happen. It would be great to think that everything was resolved on the field of play and honor and nothing else was ever involved, but that's not always so.

Now, how are my anti-Brady rants 'banworthy?' I have a right to express my views on him, we all have a right to bash any team, band or album here, I don't see how that's banworthy. However, what IS banworthy is personal attacks against posters here, and that is what happened to me.

You know I heard the other day from somebody that they thought the Pats' wins were rigged by the US goverment, because their first win was right after 9-11 and the others came during the war, hey, 'patriot' and the American image and all, for morale? Well, I'm sure you'll say this is ridiculous, but it does fit! It wasn't my idea.

One thing I get so sick of hearing about Brady was his winning streak in the playoffs, putting him ahead of Joe Montana. Well the reason he had this 'winning streak' alive was because he didn't even make the playoffs in '02! The 49ers were there every year but didn't always make the Super Bowl. So it's not really fair to let a guy get over him by not even qualifying one year.

I see so many of you say that it's over, the Colts are going to win now. First, it's sad to see you say it like it's a bad thing. Why not the Colts? They've earned it, and deserve it, and are very nice guys who don't shoot off their mouths. They have a very honorable coach who is going through some sad times. They haven't won one since 1971. Indianapolis is a great city and the fans have never had a pro championship. Why not the Colts?

Second, what makes you think that they automatically get it since the Pats are gone, as if they were the only one who could stop them? Remember the Colts handled them well and beat them soundly in the regular season, and there is no reason to believe it wouldn't have happened again. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are sick of the Patriots and want to see someone else win. ANYONE.

Finally, why are you so sure? I'm not! I wish I was! But doom always hangs over me, and I won't believe anything good is going to happen, and won't until I see them holding the trophy up. If they do.

U2Kitten said:

You know I heard the other day from somebody that they thought the Pats' wins were rigged by the US goverment, because their first win was right after 9-11 and the others came during the war, hey, 'patriot' and the American image and all, for morale? Well, I'm sure you'll say this is ridiculous, but it does fit! It wasn't my idea.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

U2Kitten said:

Oh please. This might have been clever four years ago.

No, check that, it wasn't.

One thing I get so sick of hearing about Brady was his winning streak in the playoffs, putting him ahead of Joe Montana. Well the reason he had this 'winning streak' alive was because he didn't even make the playoffs in '02! The 49ers were there every year but didn't always make the Super Bowl. So it's not really fair to let a guy get over him by not even qualifying one year.

Big whoop. Joe Montana's streak covered four consecutive years, Tom Brady's streak four years out of five. Nobody is trying to discount Joe's streak. Again, you're clearly just bitter about Tom Brady.

I see so many of you say that it's over, the Colts are going to win now. First, it's sad to see you say it like it's a bad thing. Why not the Colts? They've earned it, and deserve it, and are very nice guys who don't shoot off their mouths. They have a very honorable coach who is going through some sad times. They haven't won one since 1971. Indianapolis is a great city and the fans have never had a pro championship. Why not the Colts?

Because every time the Pats beat the Colts, all I ever hear from Colts fans and players is the classic "we're still the better team, things just didn't go our way/they got lucky/the refs screwed us" shtick. (Although I wouldn't be surprised if all the quotes from players turned out all to be from Mike Vanderjagt.) They never seemed to be able to give the Pats their due.

Last edited:
If the Colts lose today, then this debate can continue.

But if the Colts move on, Pats fans really should stop whining about how they were the better team, and learn to accept the fact that their team - *gasp* - actually may not be invincible after all!

Quit bitching about the refs. The Patriots lost by a pretty wide margin to a better team last night.

Accept it.

Lord knows every other fan has had to for the past 5 years.

Ding dong, the witch is dead! :happy:

:uhoh: :eek:: Oops, I mean, where is Tom today, he's not posting. Since he's such a good sport, I was hoping he'd come in and congratulate the Broncos on a good game and wish me luck!

The reason I never 'gave them their due' is because they never were the best team. I admit they spooked us, and we blew it. I would have liked to have faced them in the championship game, but we have proven we can beat them so that's not a factor. All I care about right now is the Steelers, I must go prepare myself for this important game mentally and physically.

DaveC said:

But if the Colts move on, Pats fans really should stop whining about how they were the better team, and learn to accept the fact that their team - *gasp* - actually may not be invincible after all!

Quit bitching about the refs. The Patriots lost by a pretty wide margin to a better team last night.

Accept it.

Man, I wish Drew Rosenhaus were my agent.

phanan said:

I'd hardly suspect that the Patriots' reign is over just because they didn't win it all this year (unless you were strictly thinking about winning them in a row). Their schedule is much easier next year, and they'll still be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think they are going away at all. They'll be a contender for several more years.

Tedy Bruschi was asked a question about if they'll be back next year...lets just say he was less than pleased with that one.

randhail said:

Tedy Bruschi was asked a question about if they'll be back next year...lets just say he was less than pleased with that one.

Well, if they can superglue Rodney Harrison's knee back together, extricate the giant fork sticking out of Corey Dillon's back and draft a good cornerback, they should be good to go for next year.

randhail said:

He was pissed!! That was awesome. Never thought I would see Tedy kick reporters out. Well good luck Colts...hope you have a good game. I am off to eat some wings, nurse a hangover and cheer my heart out for the Steelers.

eww.

U2Kitten said:

Wow. That's even crazier than the website Chiz posted. :|

And if we're talking morale here, dontcha think it would have been the Yankee to win the World Series that year? Wouldn't that have made more sense?

Accept it.

I don't think anyone here is doing any of these things. :huh:

Step out of the bitter barn people and come into the sun for once.

speedracer said:

Well, if they can superglue Rodney Harrison's knee back together, extricate the giant fork sticking out of Corey Dillon's back and draft a good cornerback, they should be good to go for next year.

I agree with 100% about Dillon. I know he had some nagging injuries, but he just didn't seem to care. He could be getting old or maybe now that he has his ring, he's cashing it in.

Personally, I'd like to think that this will refocus everyone on the team and make for a 2006 season where the rest of the league is put on notice that the Pats are not done.

actually the 9-11 conspiracy theory is true, and the website i posted backs it up with full video proof.

believe

Peyton Manning said:
Ding dong, the witch is dead! :happy:

:uhoh: :eek:: Oops, I mean, where is Tom today, he's not posting. Since he's such a good sport, I was hoping he'd come in and congratulate the Broncos on a good game and wish me luck!

The reason I never 'gave them their due' is because they never were the best team. I admit they spooked us, and we blew it. I would have liked to have faced them in the championship game, but we have proven we can beat them so that's not a factor. All I care about right now is the Steelers, I must go prepare myself for this important game mentally and physically.

I just called Tom at home. His internet connection is down, so that's why he can't post. He did say that he was going to call you and ask for advice on how to avoid crippling interceptions in playoff games, since you're quite familiar with the subject.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Wow. That's even crazier than the website Chiz posted. :|

They are both true! :crack:

And if we're talking morale here, dontcha think it would have been the Yankee to win the World Series that year? Wouldn't that have made more sense?

No, because the Yankees are a hated team like Dallas. Also, the term 'Yankee' is devisive to Americans, since it envokes images of the Civil War, north vs. south, Yankee vs. Rebel. The Patriot is a pure American symbol, and must be a favorite label of George W. Bush since he named the Patriot act after the team! ;)

Wild Honey, you have been a good and honorable fan and I have enjoyed and respected your posts. Best of luck to your team the Bears today:up:

I'm off to watch mine :yikes: major stress and adrenaline stomach ache :uhoh: I am intense!

Chizip said:

read between the lines

Oh, it all makes sense now. 9/11 was a Russian conspiracy to drag the USA into an economic tailspin and an expensive worldwide terrorist hunt while crowning the Patriots as world champions. And that's why Bob Kraft let Vlad Putin "borrow" his ring.

WildHoneyAlways said:
I don't think anyone here is doing any of these things. :huh:

Step out of the bitter barn people and come into the sun for once.

Not necessarily here, but you have no idea how much jawing I get in residence from bandwagon fans who seem to like the Pats for one of the following reasons:

"Cause Indy sucks balls"

"Cause cheering for a team that doesnt win is stupid"

or, my favorite "Tom Brady is soooooooooo hot!!"

I've damn sick of getting lip from bandwagon Pats fans, and I have been for the past couple years.

And now, it's my turn. :evil:

randhail said:

So you're saying that if the Colts lose, Pats fans can continue to whine?

Sure, because then the Pats have a legitimate case to make that the Colts were not a better team.

But for some reason, Pats fans have some sort of aversion to being able to give any kind of credit to the Colts.

Indy wins today and they prove that they were a better team this year than the Patriots. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom