NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #376
Refugee

Local Time: 10:12 PM

And be ready for me to whine like a 2 year old if we lose Sunday.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #377
Refugee

Quote:
Ref in controversy has house vandalized

NFL referee Pete Morelli is having a rough week.

On Sunday, Morelli made one of the more controversial calls in NFL history, overturning what appeared to be an interception by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu. On Monday, his Stockton, Calif. home was vandalized, according to police reports.

Lieutenant Thomas Wells of the Stockton Police Department told FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer that a police report was filed after a rock was thrown through Morelli's living room window late Monday night after Morelli and his wife had gone to bed. Lt. Wells emphasized that police had no suspect and no motive in the case and could not say with any degree of certainty whether the act of vandalism was related to Sunday's call.

"We are aware of the situation and we're cooperating with police in any way we can," said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

On Monday, the NFL admitted that Morelli had erred when he used instant replay to overturn the interception. Mike Pereira, the league's VP of officiating, said in a statement that the call on the field should have stood.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

Fortunately for Morelli — and the Steelers — while the botched call allowed the Colts to eventually pull within a field goal, it ultimately did not play any role in the outcome of the game, which Pittsburgh won, 21-18.
If these events are related, you have to wonder about the mental capacity of the vandal. Seriously, how upset can you be about a call that DIDN'T lose the game for you?

Old 01-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #378
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:12 AM
A fan writes in to TMQ:

Quote:
Nick Johnson of Salt Lake City, Utah, supposes, "I wouldn't put much faith in the Seahawks this weekend. So far this season, Cat teams (Panthers, Jaguars, Lions, Bengals) are 10-1 verses Bird teams (Eagles, Seahawks, Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens). The only Bird victory over a Cat happened on Thanksgiving Day when Atlanta beat Detroit."
This reminds me of that Perfect Strangers episode where Larry has Balki fill out his NFL picks. Buffalo over San Diego -- "no matter how much you keep charging, eventually you have to pay the bills."
Old 01-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #379
Refugee

^^ Don't be ridiculous.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #380
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
A fan writes in to TMQ:

This reminds me of that Perfect Strangers episode where Larry has Balki fill out his NFL picks. Buffalo over San Diego -- "no matter how much you keep charging, eventually you have to pay the bills."
I don't know whether I'm amazed or horrified that you can recall an episode of Perfect Strangers that well.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #381
War Child

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by stammer476
This was my personal favorite response, courtesy of the Sports Guy:

Riiiiiiiight. Because, as we all know, it's a prerequisite for any NFL official to have a degree in physics. And it's protocal to use said degree when making a call in every NFL game.

Simmons, you're right. You really, really need to let this go.
I feel like I just read a script for a new Oliver Stone movie.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #382
Blue Crack Addict

Though even I admit the calls were bad, it's about time the refs started cheating FOR the Colts instead of against them. If they had won this game it would have been fair payback for the 95-96 AFC Championship the Colts lost at Pittsburgh when there were 2 blatant bad calls where Steelers were all the way out of bounds on the white strip and they called them in anyway. One gave them a touchdown, the other a first down at the 2. Both were CLEARLY out of bounds and probably had a lot to do with instant replay being brought back. Get a tape of the game if you don't believe me. I see a lot of you who used to tell me bad calls didn't hurt anything complaining about the officiating now. I've noticed it for years.

If only Nick Harper's wife had not tried to cut off his leg with a knife, and he didn't have a cut on it, he may have had enough speed and made the end zone........ I suffer inmmensely.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #383
War Child

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Yes, this will be my last post here, I see no reason to come back even next season because I never felt welcome or accepted here. I feel I am a good fan and I know a lot about this game, and I'd say I FEEL it and suffer it more than any of you. But most of you only wanted to ridicule and hurt me, and I've had more than my share of that, why set myself up for it here? I tried to reach out and say something nice to Wild Honey, it took a lot to say that, yet she ignored me. So I see I have NO friends here, so it's stupid to still keep coming around, ever.
that was quick.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:56 PM   #384
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
If only Nick Harper's wife had not tried to cut off his leg with a knife, and he didn't have a cut on it, he may have had enough speed and made the end zone
That's probably the greatest "if only" I'll ever hear in my life.

Who tries to cut off a leg anyways? or was she going for something else?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #385
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I see a lot of you who used to tell me bad calls didn't hurt anything complaining about the officiating now. I've noticed it for years.
We're discussing the questionable calls, of course. But we're not saying that it caused who won. The Patriots made stupid mistakes all on their own - can't blame the officials for that. And the Colts just couldn't handle the pass rush, or else that game would have been much different.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:43 AM   #386
Blue Crack Addict

I do blame Peyton for his ineptitude, for sure. I don't think I've ever said he's perfect, only that I like the Colts and want them to win! See, I never even guaranteed a win or bragged, I said I was worried. I had reason to be! And don't anybody forget that the great Tom Brady probably cost his team a win by throwing that INT to Bailey as they were going in to score. He goofed. It happens. I guess they're all human after all?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #387
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Nick Johnson of Salt Lake City, Utah, supposes, "I wouldn't put much faith in the Seahawks this weekend. So far this season, Cat teams (Panthers, Jaguars, Lions, Bengals) are 10-1 verses Bird teams (Eagles, Seahawks, Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens). The only Bird victory over a Cat happened on Thanksgiving Day when Atlanta beat Detroit."
But my parakeet guaranteed a Seabag win.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #388
Blue Crack Addict

My cat says bet on the Panthers. I haven't asked the wild birds out at the feeder yet. I would say go for the Broncos because of Jake's cool beard, but I have been too hurt by horse teams to take that chance.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #389
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
And don't anybody forget that the great Tom Brady probably cost his team a win by throwing that INT to Bailey as they were going in to score. He goofed. It happens. I guess they're all human after all?
Nobody has forgotten. It's been mentioned plenty of times already.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #390
Blue Crack Distributor

aaaaaaaaaaand "i'm never comming back here" threat #3 lasted not even a week. impressive.