NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

You know I heard the other day from somebody that they thought the Pats' wins were rigged by the US goverment, because their first win was right after 9-11 and the others came during the war, hey, 'patriot' and the American image and all, for morale? Well, I'm sure you'll say this is ridiculous, but it does fit! It wasn't my idea.
This theory can be easily proved ludicrous by looking at one play from that season; Adam Vinatieri's game tying 45 yard field goal through a driiving snow against the raiders. There is no way the refs/NFL/GW Bush or Saint Bono could have put the fix in enough to make that kick good. Its the most clutch kick in NFL history considering the conditions and situation, and nobody could have fixed that aspect of the game.

Quote:
Why not the Colts? They've earned it, and deserve it, and are very nice guys who don't shoot off their mouths.
Unfortunately I missed my opportunity to be Nostradamus on this one due to home internet issues which will be resolved in a few weeks, but how about Mike Vanderjagt. Nice guy who keeps his mouth shut?
Remember him motioning to the Pats bench in the 2004 opener before gaffing a game tying kick?
Notice him motion to the Steelers' bench when they called time to ice him?
He is enough reson to want to see Indy lose, and what a fitting way to lose Sunday.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #317
Blue Crack Distributor

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Talk about a heart-stopping game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.

Terry O'Neill, 50, of Pittsburgh, was watching the game at a bar and had a heart attack seconds after Jerome Bettis fumbled trying to score from the 2-yard line late in the fourth quarter. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger prevented the Colts' Nick Harper from returning the recovered ball for a touchdown and the Steelers hung on for a 21-18 win.

O'Neill said Bettis is his hero.

"I wasn't upset that the Steelers might lose," he told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I was upset because I didn't want to see him end his career like that. A guy like that deserves better. I guess it was a little too much for me to handle."

O'Neill, who was recovering at a hospital, credits two firefighters with saving him.

"The Steelers won the game and I'm still alive, so I guess I'm doing pretty good," he said.

He will have a pacemaker implanted to control an irregular heartbeat and he was prescribed medication to deal with the hypertension.

While he would like to go to the bar Sunday for the game against the Denver Broncos to thank the guys who saved him, O'Neill said, "I guess I should probably take it easy and watch the game at home."

Old 01-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

If the guy would otherwise be watching the game at home alone, maybe he should go back to the bar.

In other news, the Lions passed on Mike Singletary and are reportedly trying to hire...Jim Haslett. Outstanding.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #319
Refugee

Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
If the guy would otherwise be watching the game at home alone, maybe he should go back to the bar.

In other news, the Lions passed on Mike Singletary and are reportedly trying to hire...Jim Haslett. Outstanding.
No surprise. There is a reason they are the Lions.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:10 PM   #320
Blue Crack Distributor

matt millen... master of his domain.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #321
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by stammer476

No surprise. There is a reason they are the Lions.
Please say a prayer for my little cousin....
Old 01-17-2006, 10:16 PM   #322
Blue Crack Distributor

maybe matt millen can higher peyton manning to be his new offensive coordinator... he picks up the blitz so well
Old 01-17-2006, 10:21 PM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:45 AM
[random]

Peyton Manning does locker room interviews naked.

[/random]

Old 01-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #324
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:45 AM
Do you think the Pats will get a new RB? I know Dillon was injured, but will they look to go younger?

I hate Vanderjagt.

So far, I say a team will win, and they lose. Every game so far. Is there a team anyone hates? I'll post it on here! Like, "I think Pittsburgh is going to win the superbowl." They won't now. HAHA! sorry, I'll go now.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
Do you think the Pats will get a new RB? I know Dillon was injured, but will they look to go younger?
I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats used one of their middle round picks on a RB. Dillon is a question mark right now - was this past year strictly due to injuries, or was it age? Or perhaps a combination of both? Either way, he is starting to get up there, so it wouldn't hurt to have someone waiting in the wings.

But other than the RB position, the Patriot offense is pretty much stacked. While the linebackers are excellent, they are getting older, and I'd like to see them use their first round pick on one of the stud LBs coming out, if they are still on the board. Otherwise, well, we all know another corner wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:11 PM   #326
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:45 AM
I think the thing is that Dillon was hurt, and Patrick Pass and Heath Evans played almost as well as Dillon when healthy. I think age was a major factor personally.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:36 AM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Dillon's contract extension could be his undoing in NE. The Pats may decide he's not worth the remaining money (its like 4 more years and at least $20Mil), so he could get cut if they think they can get a better fit in terms of age/salary/productivity, thru draft, trade or free agency.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:35 AM   #328
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

This theory can be easily proved ludicrous by looking at one play from that season; Adam Vinatieri's game tying 45 yard field goal through a driiving snow against the raiders. There is no way the refs/NFL/GW Bush or Saint Bono could have put the fix in enough to make that kick good. Its the most clutch kick in NFL history considering the conditions and situation, and nobody could have fixed that aspect of the game.

yes but we all know about the tuck, which gave them the opportunity for the win.

now while i dont really think there was any sort of fixing going on in the superbowl, there is about 1% of me that there is a possibility that the head official, Bernie Kukar was in on something.

If he wasn't, then he is an extremely incompotent ref who missed a few very obvious calls.

He is the guy that is supposed to watch the infractions against the QB. In the play where Warner was intercepted for a touchdown, there was an obvious, verrry obvious blow to Warner's head. This should have resulted in a roughing the passer and given the Rams a first down, but it didn't and the Pats got a TD out of it. huge missed call.

http://www.stlouisrams.net/download/vrab_war.wmv

the second, unbelievably bad call was on the last drive of the game that won it for the Pats. With just 33 seconds left, there was an obvious intentional grounding that wasn't called. this would have pretty much been a drive killer and sent the game into overtime. once again it was kukar who was supposed to make the call, did he miss it because he is incompotent, or for another reason?

http://stlouisrams.net/xxxvi/clips/release2.wmv

when brady released the ball he was obviously not outside the pocket. huge missed call.

another curious thing is, when the rams did get a right call in their favor, the holding against the patriots when they had picked up that fumble for a TD, Bernie Kukar spent 5 minutes trying to convince the ref who threw the flag to pick it up. The call was pretty obvious, so why would Kukar spend so much time trying to overturn it?

here is the blatant hold (more like tackle)

http://stlouisrams.net/xxxvi/clips/015.wmv

and here is kukar doing his best to overturn it

http://stlouisrams.net/xxxvi/clips/refs.wmv

thankfully someone on the staff had a sense of integrity

McGinest again: "The coaches told me to be aggressive. They told me to hit Faulk and they told me to hold him. Hey, sometimes you get caught."

Head Referee Bernie Kukar: QUESTION: "Was there any call in this Super Bowl that you wish you could have had back?"

Kukar: "Absolutely not. The only play was the holding penalty after the Rams quarterback fumbled the ball and the Patriots ran it backs 99 yards for a touchdown; "I certainly tried to talk the head linesman out of that penalty. I gave him every opportunity to back off but he held fast. He was convinced it was a hold and I kept hammering him. However, I did see it on television last night on the replay and it was definitely a hold. It was a good call."

there is about 4 or 5 other plays that are quite questionable as well, (like how they let the clock run out after the last field goal when there should have been 2 seconds left http://stlouisrams.net/xxxvi/clips/020.wmv ), but these are the three that makes me think that maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe something was going on with Kukar.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #329
Blue Crack Distributor

i hope you're joking... even 1% joking.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:39 AM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i hope you're joking...
did you see the clips? they are blatantly bad/missed calls.

so either this guy is extremely imcompotent, which is possible considering how bad the refs have been lately, or maaaaaaybe there was something up.

like i said, 99% of me thinks the guy is just an idiot, but after reading some things ive read about game fixing, there is 1% of me that thinks something might have been going on.