NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Kitten said:
My cousin was at a party once when Tom Brady spiked the punch with Mr. Clean, then pissed in it.

i don't think tom would like it if you spread those un-kind rumors about him. that is a personal attack on tom brady, who is a member of this forum.

don't call him ugly, and treat him with respect.

ok ok ok, he was 24. i'm sorry the edge. don't hate me forever.

i hope he reads this too and tells bono that you called him 5'2 with hair plugs

yeah, hes gonna kick your ass the next time youre backstage now. in fact, if he sees you in the ellipse or whatever the fuck they have next tour, hes going to not only tell you to put down your fucking phone but to kick you out of the fucking concert. jerk.

and to keep it football related, i'm rooting for the steelers in the superbowl.

U2Kitten said:
I'm not saying who I'm for because you guys will all pull for the opposite! I am not a bandwagon jumper or I'd keep switching sides, which I don't. I really hate how you guys pick on me. I'm as good a fan as any of you :madspit:

How are you not a bandwagon jumper when you have five teams to root for? That is like me saying...well I am mainly for the Red Sox but I really like the Astors and actually I like the Yankees, but shhhh...don't tell anyone, and the Mets are good b/c Piazza is hot and they got Pedro and hell I like the Orioles!! COME ON!!!

So Superbowl XL...Steelers and Seattle...did anyone call this?!?!? I actaully really like...am happy to watch it....might get really drunk and fall aslepp at halftime:wink: :wink:

I just spend a few minutes reading some of this thread... um crazy, but entertaining stuff!!

I love football; been watching it since a kid but I guess I just don't have the "hard-coreness" that some of you have (by reading some of your posts!). Then again baseball is my fav sport.

I think it's going to be a good super bowl. I don't chose sides. I just like seeing a good close game. Hell, I have no idea what it is like seeing your fav team in the Super-Bowl or AFC/NFC championship!! Who am I kidding, I nearly had a heart attack when they won their first play off game ever in 2000!!

Although, I'm going to miss not having a Super Bowl party this year :( My bro throws a major Super Bowl party when the Pats go... but oh well, not this year!! :wink:

:::leaves quietly::::

BTW- Tom Brady, how thoughtful of you take the time from polishing your 3 super bowl rings to post here!!! What a class act!! :heart:

ljclary said:

How are you not a bandwagon jumper when you have five teams to root for?

Because I LIKE ALL THE TEAMS ALL THE TIME!! The Colts are number one, but I care about them all. "Bandwagoners" CHANGE TEAMS EVERY YEAR DEPENDING ON WHO'S WINNING I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you all really that dumb or just pushing my button, really?!

Speaking of pulling my chain, I see Monica is back! :wave:

I really do have too many hurtful personal problems right now to take your abuse, why am I even here? To hide from reality.

I really don't think it was necessary to call someone dumb. If you are having issues then maybe you need to take a break from the blue crack for awhile. You seem to take everything a little bit too seriously on here.

U2Kitten said:
I am sorry for all the Denver fans, who like Colt and Bengal fans had to sit in their stadium and helplessly watch their team be beaten up by a bunch of boring fucks who are going to cause the lowest rated SB ever. I sure wish the Chiefs had knocked them off in the last game of the season instead of letting them sneak in.
The Steelers beat the Lions in the final week of the season, the Steelers and Chiefs did not play this year.

A couple of real stompings yesterday.
A bit surprised the Panthers didn't compete better, the Seahawks beat them in every phase of the game from the gun.
I think there was movie made about yesterday wasn't thre? A tragedy called "The Two Jakes". :wink: Bad day to be a QB named Jake.
Plummer was bad, Delhomme was absolutey dreadful.
But the Steelers and Seahawks both dominated, and there was no real controversy, these games were one sided.

As for the Superbowl, having seen Don Hasselbeck take a refs flag under the eye(and not attack the ref, Ray Brown) and suffer a nasty cut in the first NFL game I ever attended in Foxboro a long long time ago against the Vikings, I guess I'll root for local boy Matt Hasslebeck (and his hot sister in law) and the Seahawks. Here's hoping for a good game, and a big hit on the $100 per square pool I play in each year.

U2Kitten said:

Because I LIKE ALL THE TEAMS ALL THE TIME!! The Colts are number one, but I care about them all. "Bandwagoners" CHANGE TEAMS EVERY YEAR DEPENDING ON WHO'S WINNING I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of pulling my chain, I see Monica is back! :wave:

I really do have too many hurtful personal problems right now to take your abuse, why am I even here? To hide from reality.

you have to understand that no one is ever gong to take you seriously as long as you claim to be a great fan, yet think it's ok to have loyaltys to 5 different teams.

and no one is going to take you seriously when you say that a quarterback with 3 super bowl rings, thought to be a great guy by reporters, coaches and teammates alike (even by :gasp: bono) is actually a terrible quarterback and who's also a jerk because he threw a water bottle.

you have to understand that these statements are going to be looked upon as completely outrageous. when you would first make these comments, you'd get a few passing rebuttles and that's it. but you consistantly harp on these points over and over and over and over again. that is why you think that people are "picking" on you. apparently you felt that people were "picking" on you in FYM as well. :shrug:

common denominator n. Mathematics.
1. A quantity into which all the denominators of a set of fractions may be divided without a remainder.
2. A commonly shared theme or trait.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

duck.jpg

U2Kitten said:

I am so glad you have resorted to name calling. Not that I ever have to defend myself to you but I am the furthest thing from dumb. You however cannot ever escape the fact that you are obnoxious and one of the worst debaters ever. How rude.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the brother of the giants backup quarterback is in the super bowl :hyper:

:sad:

And he is from Mass. for that reason...what the heck...I'm gonna jump on the Seattle bandwagon on Feb. 5th!!

Actaully all I hope is that it is a close exciting game that is enjoyable to watch. I look forward most to the ads:wink:

Originally posted by U2Kitten

Speaking of pulling my chain, I see Monica is back!

If you think I’m in here to pull your chain or something then you are mistaken. I do remember you from PLEBA when I used to post there like 4 years ago. I’m not here to pull your chain; I got tired of the petty arguments I used to have with you in PLEBA. The last thing I want to do is be on a board and argue with people on stupid things. I do not share the same views as you on certain things you have mentioned on here. I do not hate the Pats or Tom Brady. I have been watching the Pats for years now they are my brother’s fav team (for 20 years) and my nephew’s fav team as well. So if I happen to mention that I think Brady is a talented QB please do not think I'm saying it to get to under your skin.

As far as being back, I’ve always been here; I just tend not to post much these days/years. My new year's resolution was to post more at interference. hehe. Anyway, if that is not what you meant by that comment then I truly apologize and I hope you are doing well. :)

Tom Brady said:
My urine is too valueable to waste in spiked punch, sorry, but your cousin has his or her facts wrong. I would never do such a thing.

It would be such a waste of good Mountain Dew, after all.

I'm rooting for the Steelers in the Bowl, mostly because I think that Jerome does really deserve one. I've always liked him. :)

Patriots’ 2006 Victory Parade Awkward, Sparsely Attended

January 19, 2006 | Onion Sports

BOSTON—Poor player attendance, negligible fan turnout, and a marked lack of general enthusiasm marred the New England Patriots' annual season-ending parade through the streets of Boston Monday in what is being regarded as the worst such parade in the last three years.

Fans not gathering at Boston City Hall a half-hour before the Patriots’ season-ending parade is scheduled to begin.

"New England fans are the best fans in the world!" said owner Robert Kraft, standing beneath a banner that read "CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NFL CHAMPION PATRIOTS" in bold block letters, with the phrase "Of The AFC East" hastily spray-painted beside it. "It's just too bad more of them couldn't be here with us today to celebrate what we all agree was really an almost perfect season."

The reception for the team was unusually stilted, partially due to the cold and partially because the Patriots had not, in fact, won the Super Bowl. Kraft's speech was interrupted twice by police, who informed the team owner that he had not obtained the proper permit to hold a parade, and delayed for over an hour before the team was notified that the traditional duck boats used for the team's Super Bowl parade had been rented out to other parties after the Patriots' loss to the Broncos on Sunday.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, linebacker Tedy Bruschi, and lineman Matt Light looked out over the few dozen bewildered spectators at Boston's City Hall, occasionally shifting their weight and awkwardly fumbling with unopened bags of confetti while waiting for hastily arranged flatbed trucks to arrive and take them down the parade route.

"We're baaack!" Brady told a hurrying lunchtime crowd in City Hall Plaza, standing with Kraft, Coach Bill Belichick, and dozens of teammates at the near-victory rally. "And we came back early this year! Now let's hear it for the guys who helped me win three Super Bowls in the last five years!"

Kraft and Belichick praised the team's commitment to above-average performance, a philosophy that led to a season-ending streak of four straight wins, a loss, a wild-card playoff win, and then Sunday's 27-13 defeat at the hands of a fired-up Denver team.

"My guys have become the team to beat in the NFL," said Coach Belichick, looking out over the honking, bustling afternoon traffic as it streamed around the parade. "Every team out there knows they have to bring their ‘A' game when they take us on. Damned if that wasn't what the Broncos did, too. Kind of takes the edge off the day, but, you know, we've been looking forward to this parade for a long time."

"Everyone enjoys a nice parade," added Belichick.

Fan reaction was uncharacteristically subdued.

"I took the day off for the victory parade a year ago," said Jake Scheinbarth, 33, a UPS delivery driver and self-described "die-hard Patriots fan." "But the day I took off was in February. This crap is obstructing my damn drop-offs, here."

"Go, Pats! Come on, let's move it! Aw, get the hell out of the way!" he added, leaning on his van's horn in frustration.

Law-enforcement officials along the parade route said the few fans who noticed the parade were unusually well-behaved.

"We had a few traffic snarl-ups along Boylston Street by people who weren't ready for three trucks with bunting on them to come down the street in the middle of the day," said officer Chris Cashion. "No arrests for public intoxication, no overturned cars, and only one woman bared her breasts. And it was a homeless woman who does that to all the truck drivers."

Officials said only one fatality had been reported during the celebration, but that it had actually happened in a dispute over dog ownership in relatively distant Quincy, MA and was most likely unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom