NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing up Tom Brady costing his team the game =

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

randhail said:
Bringing up Tom Brady costing his team the game =

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Pats fans bringing up Tom Brady every time there's a discussion about football for the past 5 years, even when the Patriots are not being discussed =

840937-Beatingadeadhorse.gif

Learn to live with it.

Rams hire Miami OC Linehan as head coach. People seem to think it's a good hire, I don't know much about the guy so hopefully they are right.

DaveC said:

Pats fans bringing up Tom Brady every time there's a discussion about football for the past 5 years, even when the Patriots are not being discussed =

Learn to live with it.

bitter much?

But I like beating dead horses. It's a lot easier 'cause they don't fight back.

DaveC said:

It's finally your turn to lose.

You're the one who has to learn to deal with it.

Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure therapy isn't going to necessary because I'm dealing with it just fine. :wink:

http://www.iiffl.net/nflnews/ap/news_slug=citadel-2_353743_11&prov=citadel&type=story.html

Sources: Colts kicker Vanderjagt attempts life
By CLIFF BRUNT, Associated Press Writer
January 17, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt attempted to take his own life yesterday at his Indianapolis home.

Carmel 911 received a frantic call from Janalyn Vanderjagt at about 4:35 Monday evening. Apparently, Janalyn had just arrived home along with the couples son Jay Michael. Janalyn found her husband Mike attempting to hang himself in the couples bedroom. Janalyn tried to persuade Mike to rethink what he was about to do. Mike repeatedly attempted to kick the chair out from under him but was unsuccessful.

That's when Janalyn called 911. Police along with fire and rescue were dispatched to the suburban Indianapolis home. Rescue personnel were able to talk Vanderjagt down after about 10 minutes. Vanderjagt remained in an area hospital today in stable condition.

Colts fans couldn't believe that the normally dependable Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field goal with 21 seconds left that could have sent the game into overtime. They were equally shocked that the Colts, who started the season with 13 straight wins and had the league's best record, trailed 21-3 heading into the fourth quarter.

The result was all too familiar, as Indianapolis has qualified for the playoffs the last four seasons but hasn't reached the Super Bowl.

James Dungy, the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, was found dead in a Tampa-area apartment last month.

Dungy said that Vanderjagt did a great job for the Indianapolis Colts, but the bottom line is he came up short -- again.

DaveC said:

It's finally your turn to lose.

You're the one who has to learn to deal with it.

Right....New England fans need to learn how to lose...maybe we should all review history...

Red Sox....1918 until 2004 and now they suck again (Buckner, Grady, Pedro, Clemens, Vaughn, Damon...to name a few)

Celtics...1986 last championship and they are in last palce or pretty close this year.

Bruins....who cares?

Pats.....the Pete Carroll era (I remember going to the old Foxboro when it was baout 1/3 full)

I think losing is second nature to us thank you.

In lieu of Dungy and the death of his son this is truly a sick joke and is extremely poor taste.

ljclary said:

Right....New England fans need to learn how to lose...maybe we should all review history...

Red Sox....1918 until 2004 and now they suck again (Buckner, Grady, Pedro, Clemens, Vaughn, Damon...to name a few)

Celtics...1986 last championship and they are in last palce or pretty close this year.

Bruins....who cares?

Pats.....the Pete Carroll era (I remember going to the old Foxboro when it was baout 1/3 full)

I think losing is second nature to us thank you.

Don't forget Superbowl XX :drool:

:wink:

The link goes back to the "Indiana and Illinois Fantasy Football League": IIFFL. Iffl is in the link.

Looks like a bunch of pissed off Colt and Bear fans dicking around. They hijacked the yahoo sports page.

Chizip said:

so bandwagoners, eh? :hmm:

Hey those metal benches were freakin' cold!! And you used to have to park on a racetrack. It would take you as long as the game took to get out. Those were the days...sniff...sniff:wink:

ljclary said:

I'd beg to differ about this. The Pats have been at or near capacity since Bob Fraft bought the team back in 93 or 94. We all know Pete Carroll was somewhat of a flop, but he did lead them to the playoffs once.

Before Kraft bought the team, the team was a joke and the stadium was 1/3 full, but not since then.

I remember times when the Patriots' stadium was so empty, they'd have joke waves with 2 people up in the high bleachers.

I was actually happy for the long suffering fans after the first Super Bowl. It was only after some became arrogant, obnoxious and hateful to Colts fans that I turned against them :down:

Seems the Colts and Patriots always run together, either both good or both suck. In 1981 they were both 2-14. They used to be perennielly fighting it out for the first draft pick. Now they pick so far down it's not even exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom