NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
last one was over 1000. i figured an "nfl 2018" thread might will probably into the next decade so here we are.

fuck lesean mccoy.

how in the everlasting fuck did this end up in the tour thread when i was in the sports forum when i clicked "new thread" in the app?

this is not my finest interference week. :huh:

for real though, i was 100% in put 'em under pressure when i tapped the "new thread" button. i should have just done it on my laptop. the app sucks.

oh well, i sent a report to the mods to ask them to move this to the sports forum.

fuck lesean mccoy.

Well a new NFL thread has emerged. Let's keep a sad and pathetic tally on the number of domestic violence incidents racked up during the duration of this thread.

Looks like Shady is No.1 .

In other news, the NFLPA is finally fighting the anthem nonsense.

Get a great defense, one that can rush the passer really well and he’s good enough to take you all the way.

Would you rather have Alex Smith or Trent Dilfer?

Before he one the super bowl of course

Get a great defense, one that can rush the passer really well and he’s good enough to take you all the way.

Would you rather have Alex Smith or Trent Dilfer?

Before he one the super bowl of course
Honestly, if it weren't for our absolutely brutal schedule, I would have some confidence in us making the playoffs.

Our defense was actually pretty damn intimidating last year before injuries derailed it and the DL has taken a big step forward since. The question mark is the secondary, which has lost a couple of significant pieces and replaced them with young talent. I have no idea what the result will be.

On offense, I think we will have a traditionally good Skins running game behind an underrated OL. Guice is a monster and has Chris Thompson to spell him. That could be a deadly duo. Alex Smith is a proven quantity under center, but our WR corps is completely unpredictable. And no one knows whether Jordan Reed will see the field.

In a neutral situation, I see this as a competent 8-8, 9-7 team with an outside chance of making the playoffs. But having to play the Eagles twice, the Cowboys twice, the Packers (I assume with Aaron Rodgers), the Saints, the Falcons, the Titans and the Jaguars? All playoff teams or talented teams that regressed last year because of injury. All told, I see 6-10 as more realistic.

that was a cool 0.2 second long shot of the championship banner reveal before they cut to michaels and collinsworthless. fuck you nbc.

let's fuckin go. get another one and do it even better next year.

The Eagles won the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
there's been several "complete bullshit" terrible calls both ways.

i had the stupidest grin on my face when foles caught that pass. i wish peef was still around, i'd love to hear his thoughts about this game.

A tie probably feels almost like a W for them at this point.

I kinda hate how NFL games can end in ties though.

Both the guy who replaced Kirk Cousins and the guy who Kirk Cousins replaced look better than Kirk Cousins.

But Kirk wasn't the problem :rolleyes:

(But seriously, Kirk looked *fine*. It's week one, we'll see what happens.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom