NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol someone is real salty that their team is getting trucked [emoji38]
Has nothing to do with that.

The Giants suck. Eli needs to go. The offensive line is an absolute joke.

That doesn't change that the Giants have more than one good player - which is all you said and them defended before going hehehehe just kidding I was on saying at this current moment you're just dumb.

Generally speaking the Giants are a horrible football team - and the inability to address the offensive line does not give me hope that the current regime will be better than the former.

But they absolutely have a number of good players on the roster - which makes their awfulness all the more frustrating.

I think the Giants problem is a little less about how many good players they have but rather how many bad players they have. Look at their receivers. Shepherd is decent, but when OBJ is busy pouting and Shepherd is it, everyone outside of that is fucking terrible.

When Barkley bursts out for a 50 yard run or two downs of tough ball, who comes in for him? A fucking terrible flurry of backup RBs that guarantee a wasted carry.

Eli is looking awful, but honestly what options are there aside from Eli? Nothing.

The same can be said here for a load of the defense, and the o-line is obviously classically atrocious.

I think the Giants problem is a little less about how many good players they have but rather how many bad players they have. Look at their receivers. Shepherd is decent, but when OBJ is busy pouting and Shepherd is it, everyone outside of that is fucking terrible.

When Barkley bursts out for a 50 yard run or two downs of tough ball, who comes in for him? A fucking terrible flurry of backup RBs that guarantee a wasted carry.

Eli is looking awful, but honestly what options are there aside from Eli? Nothing.

The same can be said here for a load of the defense, and the o-line is obviously classically atrocious.

I'll disagree on the defense. Bur that's it.

I also think your assessment of Beckham is too far in the negative. But I can't argue that he's going to have to prove that it's incorrect.

I'll disagree on the defense. Bur that's it.

I also think your assessment of Beckham is too far in the negative. But I can't argue that he's going to have to prove that it's incorrect.

I don’t think he’s nearly as bad of a person as the TO’s and Chad Johnsons of this world. OBJ deep inside seems like a good guy with some self control issues. He also seems like a mega introvert screaming for attention, which is incredibly misleading.

His gut reaction is to pout after he fucked up in the media. Rather than own up to it. Eli is muff cabbage right now, but you don’t talk about your QB or any member of your team like that to the media.

giphy.gif

it's great when home teams choose to wear their whites against dallas just to make them wear the dark blue ones.

Oh. Maybe they just don’t want to admit that they suck in any uniform.

This goes back to the 70's I believe. Dallas always felt the white uniforms were lucky or some shit, which is why they were one of the few teams that regularly wore white at home (your Dolphins being the other) and their division opponents (Redskins in particular) would opt for white at home against Dallas to force them to wear their blue.

This goes back to the 70's I believe. Dallas always felt the white uniforms were lucky or some shit, which is why they were one of the few teams that regularly wore white at home (your Dolphins being the other) and their division opponents (Redskins in particular) would opt for white at home against Dallas to force them to wear their blue.

Yeah I knew the phins did it. Honestly I grew up with most of my focus in hockey and during the off-season baseball. And as you might remember, hockey pre-lockout was home whites. And baseball (which has a zillion rules to attire), is somewhat of a home whites/road grays rule (though that tradition is violated more and more).

So I grew up under the understanding that white was the home color in all sports, especially given that both Miami teams also frequently wore white at home. Though nowadays the phins really mix it up.

But honestly, colors at home makes a lot more sense.

I think it also had something to do (in Dallas' case) with the perception that you look bigger in white.
For the 'phins I think it was also temperature related, white being a bit cooler than aqua in the hot Orange Bowl sun. You see a few teams wearing white at home early in the season now (Carolina and Tennessee come to mind) and going with color later in the year.

That’s so weird - so many factors and so many rules in the other 3 sports. I’d never even thought about the temperature.

With hockey, until recent times, it was always strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom