NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They appear, especially based on this Cardinals performance, like a team where you can insert almost any competent QB in there and he's going to do well.

giphy.gif

damn, i take it back. rodgers looked bad on that first series but he's shredding chicago and my fantasy team almost singlehandedly right now.

What the hell happened with the Saints D today? 48 points?

I had free preview today for NFL ticket.

While its nice having all the games to watch, there are so many games on at once it really isn't that great constantly switching back and forth. Found myself mostly watching the Red zone channel. I could see it being worth it if you lived out of market from your favorite team.

Last edited:
The 2012 QB class that was supposed to revolutionize the sport is looking rough.

I blame that the team played him in a boot during a lost season. He looked really bad today outside of the superficial stats. No escapability. That was his hallmark.

Aaron Rodgers is amazing. Biggest 4th Q comeback in Packer history

One other note. If Dom Capers was still our D Coordinator and we hadn’t invested so much in the secondary in the offseason, the Bears win 26-24.

One other note. If Dom Capers was still our D Coordinator and we hadn’t invested so much in the secondary in the offseason, the Bears win 26-24.

Worse than that, I think. They held them to 6 points in the entire second half. I don't think that happens at all with Capers. I was worried by the defense's performance in the first half, almost more than I was at the thought of potentially losing Rodgers for a long time to start the year, but the second half was way more reassuring. I don't know if this team is any good or not, to be perfectly honest. Very anxious for next week's game, to see what happens against the Vikings, for sure.

Is Rodgers ok?

He said in his postgame interview that he's playing next week, but there are some speculating he partially tore his ACL.

I'm sure an MRI tomorrow will settle the debate.

He said in his postgame interview that he's playing next week, but there are some speculating he partially tore his ACL.

I'm sure an MRI tomorrow will settle the debate.

If it was a partially torn ACL they wouldn’t have let him back in the game. Period.

If it was a partially torn ACL they wouldn’t have let him back in the game. Period.

Yeah I'm sure you're right. I don't know shit about knee injuries (obviously). Hope he's okay

Coming from a Redskins fan who has watched a promising career end over this very thing, I'd argue that you can't realistically know the degree to which an ACL tore during a game. It's possible to move around OK on a torn ACL and the diagnostic tools (e.g. a MRI) aren't readily available at the stadium.

I'd guess that Rodgers is definitely hurt, but I'm not sure that he's seriously injured. We'll find out soon enough.

Coming from a Redskins fan who has watched a promising career end over this very thing, I'd argue that you can't realistically know the degree to which an ACL tore during a game. It's possible to move around OK on a torn ACL and the diagnostic tools (e.g. a MRI) aren't readily available at the stadium.

I'd guess that Rodgers is definitely hurt, but I'm not sure that he's seriously injured. We'll find out soon enough.

Yeah I had said this when it happened, that I was glad it was a contact injury. Doesn’t always mean that it’s less severe, but much better than it just going out on its own.

It was the shaky fall after a few steps that had me convinced it was an ACL tear. I'm not convinced still that it wasn't. Going to be an interesting day or two.

Yeah I had said this when it happened, that I was glad it was a contact injury. Doesn’t always mean that it’s less severe, but much better than it just going out on its own.

It certainly opens up possible options for what it could be; a bruise, a strain or hyperextension, lots of stuff. If it's non-contact, your bet is pretty safe on a ligament tear.

Rodgers owns us, always us.

However, I'm really encouraged by a lot of what I saw tonight. That first half was so much fun. Khalil Mack is a monster. The Bears are good and can play with anybody. Just maybe not Aaron Rodgers. He gets the Bears (and Bears fans) all panicky and snake bit.

Trubisky seems to be improving and I was impressed with Howard. There are several bright spots on that Bears team.

Raiders fans must feel sick seeing Mack perform so well tonight

Last edited:
The Bears looked incredible in the first half. Hope for the fan's sake they recover from this and build off of that super impressive first half.

Two Redskins running backs put up a combined total of 294 yards today.

I had given up hope on our RB corps after Derrius Guice went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom