NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is *asinine* that these NFL referees would call Shepherd not down and miss Jackson’s obvious touch.

I know they reversed it. But still. It’s clear and obvious, and Jackson is doing exactly what the league wants the defensive players to do. No unnecessary contact or roughness.

Obviously that was one of the most frustrating games of football I've ever watched. But I'm happy that they brought Crosby out there and he got that last field goal. What an odd series of events.

Wow. Poor Browns. That’s incredibly unfair of a call. Doesn’t matter if the ball is uncatchable. You can’t level a WR downfield when the ball isn’t in the vicinity.

They just gave a rules overview of it and I feel like they missed the entire, y’know, blindside hit on a player who isn’t eligible to be hit? Doesn’t have to be holding or pass interference. A WR isn’t eligible to be hit unless the pass has been touched. That’s some form of blatant unnecessary roughness. The player was driven unsuspectingly into a collision.

That was one ugly field goal.

Damn, I was hoping to see the Browns with another tie, just for the laughs, not because I hate them or anything.

That was one ugly field goal.

Damn, I was hoping to see the Browns with another tie, just for the laughs, not because I hate them or anything.

I was just texting my buddy that it was the ugliest made FG I have ever seen.

The other play at least had a smidge more legitimacy, but they both sucked. I'm sure if it had happened in the Giants/Cowboys game the same way, you would have been irritated as well.

Meanwhile, I did laugh at this.

0mmr8uoaysm11.png
It happened in Giants Panthers.

And yes, I was irritated.

You, sir, win.

It's still not some conspiracy that Packers fans make it out to be sometimes... It's just an awful rule.

And the awfulness wasn't even a hit on the QB in the Giants game. It was a horrific "defenseless receiver" penalty on 3rd and long.

Last edited:
I admit I got hyperbolic and conspiratorial and I'm laughing at myself over it now, as the dust settles.

that was a literally wasted game for the eagles.

it's a long field goal but holy shit doug, don't go for it on 4th and 20 when you're kinda in field goal range. take the points. that would have at least been the best chance at overtime.

also, i'm not sure how i feel with there being so many overtime games this season. it's cool, but also it isn't, in a way.

ah, yea you're right (i was a little drunk when i wrote that post). they lined up like they were going to go for it to try and draw the defense offside when absolutely everyone knew they were doing that and then punted it away after the delay of game penalty moved them back out of FG range.

recovered fumble on the opponent's 30 yard line, take an illegal formation penalty, then a bad pass, then intentional grounding, then another bad pass, then that stupid 4th and 20. it's a long field goal (57 yards-ish) but when it's the 4th quarter and you've been losing all day but now only need 3 points to tie the game, you kick the fucking field goal.

what a stupid waste that whole sequence was.

Yeah not impressed with Dougie P on Sunday. He's receiving praise for going for 2 and cutting a 14 point deficit to 6. Its a stupid move, he just got lucky that Smallwood broke a tackle and scored.
And then challenging if Diggs was able to get hos third foot down inbounds was just laughable.

How’re we going to say Eli Manning isn’t awful?

(Yes yes inevitability there will be those who want to say he was never good - and I don't have any time to even answer that idiocy. You don't have to be Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers to be a good QB)

This is painful to watch.
Hey - the guy was a punching bag even when he was good. I don't expect anything different now that he isn't.

It's time for him to go.

That said, he's skittish as hell from 3 years of constant pressure. He has zero ability to throw the ball down the field anymore because of this. The Giants did him no favors by throwing out a comically bad offensive line for the past 3 seasons.

And if it were someone else? That O line still blows. It's terrible.

Those who said that they should have taken a QB o we Barkley are dead fucking wrong. Barkley is an absolute stud.

That said - it's time for a new QB. I do believe Eli could be a QB on a winning team if the o line were great. But it's not. It's awful. And he's not good enough to make plays with an awful offensive line.

the giants have precisely one good player on the entire team.

saquon barkley is a beast and the idea of the eagles having to face him if the giants ever decide to actually send an offensive line out on the field is unsettling.

right now, yes, he is. it's week six and he's played two good games and talked shit about his team. considering the money they're paying him, that's awful.

Beckham is not helping. He’s amazing but he’s absolutely making things worse because he’s a diva. It’s Terrell Owens all over again, but on a different team. So eventually he will grow up.

ok sorry I didn't say "the giants have precisely one good player right this minute" and assumed that people here were intelligent enough to know i wasn't saying everyone on the team sucks forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom