NFL Superbowl thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Colts vs Bears

Largest comeback ever in a conference championship game by the Colts

Peyton is teh clutch

04ChicagoBearsHelmet.jpg

Bear Down!! CHICAGO BEARS!

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i remember clutch performances from marino. there's not one i can point to from peyton manning as of yet.

scratch that... there's one clutch performance i can remember from peyton manning.

so here we are again... pats/colts. and once again pey pey has a trip to the super bowl served up for him on a silver platter. the excuses were always that the game was at foxboro and never in indy. well here ya go... the colts have the better team, and it's at home. win or shut up forever.

:up:

they had every reason to fold like a cheap suit, but they didn't.

i hate to bring up the yankees/red sox comparison again... but just like it took the greatest comeback of all time for the red sox to finally beat the yankees, it took one of the greatest comebacks in nfl playoff history for peyton to finally beat brady and the pats.

get it done in 2 weeks (where the colts will be a 10+ point favorite me thinks) and peyton is forever cemented as one of the greatest, if not the greatest QB of all time.

people debate wether marino is the best QB of all time. if he had that one ring, there would be no debate, even though montana had more. same thing with peyton... win in 2 weeks, and it's yours.

and frankly... with this HUGE monkey finally off peyton's back, i think, much like the red sox vs. the cardinals in 2004, that the colts will smoke the bears in the super bowl.

first prediction... 42-13 colts. 5,000 more manning commercials for us all to enjoy.

5,000 more manning commercials for us all to enjoy.

It's going to take some time to let me enjoy those commercials. :mad:

A-rod must feel all alone right now. His best friend has left him behind.

Speaking of ads you gotta Vinnie Testaverde props for completley making fun of himself in thr Mastercard ad....awesome.

ljclary said:
Speaking of ads you gotta Vinnie Testaverde props for completley making fun of himself in thr Mastercard ad....awesome.

:up: i did enjoy that one. was indeed the funny.

i've met testeverde on a couple of occasions... in fact i could tell you where his house used to be when he was with the jets (not sure if they're still there). always seemed like a good enough guy.

ljclary said:

That was a great commercial!

Can someone tell me what the score of the Bears/Pats regular season game was?

The only silver lining in this is that I've got a biochem and physiology exam the day after the game so at least I have a good reason not to watch the game.

This should be a great Superbowl. I can't wait for this Superbowl. Is anybody else excited for the Superbowl? I love the Superbowl.

repeat: kickass superbowl party, kickass superbowl party...

randhail said:

want to kick my dog while you're at it. :wink: :madspit:
Forget your dog, how 'bout his girlfriend when she's down? :angry:

Re: Re: This is the extent if my smack talk for the I-65 series

randhail said:

want to kick my dog while you're at it. :wink: :madspit:

Is your dog a yankee fan? :wink:

I have refrained from smack talk for the whole season. I asked one person why that disliked Pey Pey so much, and that is it.

I am DONE with smack talk...I get to bask in a victory and get to watch the Colts off to Miami next Monday (of course, after a weekend in Providence :D ).

a mod needs to separate super and bowl in the title... it erks me when they're placed together

it irks me when people spell irks as erks

Re: This is the extent if my smack talk for the I-65 series

zoney! said:

Who beat the Pats twice this year?

:nerd:

People who invoke the transitive property of scores should be flogged.

DAMMIT HEADACHE...I spoke too soon

speedracer said:

People who invoke the transitive property of scores should be flogged.

:kiss:

speedracer not included....the list of those who should be flogged is quite long right now...including those who equate Brady and a dome, those who spell it "superbowl," those who spell it "erk," those who kick their girlfriends when they are down, those who call football uniforms "pretty"......

:wink:

Re: Zoney's a liar and will talk plenty more trash.

anyone got a spread yet?

Pinnaclesports has Indy -7 right now. Of course, they no longer take action from the US due to the federal government's ongoing War on Internet Gambling, but that's a topic for another thread.

Then again, Ohio State was getting -8 on Florida.

Last edited:
Colts to Pats: nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah!

I'm not a fan of Peyton Manning, nor do I dislike him. But I am thrilled beyond reasonable bounds that he & the Colts were finally able to shut the Pats down. Because #1) he is a good QB, he has a super coach & great guys around him & I don't think any team's worked harder to get to the S-B after having been shut down so many times before; and #2) NOBODY but the mentally insane can now say the Colts won by chance or luck or because NE didn't bring their 'A game'. You don't come back to beat the Pats (an excellent team, even if I do hate them with a passion!) after an 18-point defecit unless you're the better team on the field.

Congrats to the Colts and all their fans that have been waiting years to see them at the S-B. :applaud: And I think they're going to take it. :yes:

(And that's my what-do-dumb-girls-know-about-sports-anyway? opinon. :D )

Last edited:
Give the Colts their due, they got it done...bastards :) They took one from the Pats now, so it's really a rivalry (but they DID need 18 points from former Patriots to get the job done hehe).

Go Bears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom