NFL Superbowl thread - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #121
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Well, the Saints do not really have a very good offense. They only beat the Eagles because the Eagles defense absolutely sucks. You saw Deuce just running over people. Not because of him. Because the Eagles are about as bad a tackling team as has ever made the playoffs.

The Saints play a good D, they do not do well.
The Saints averaged 25.8 points per game, that was 5th in the NFL. Imagine how many points per game they'd put up if they had a good offense.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:48 PM   #122
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
Guys I haven't had a chance to peruse the whole thread so I don't know if this has been brought up already.

What do you think of the two week spread between conference championship games and the Super Bowl? I find it maddening and annoying. It's too long a wait. There's too much sustained hype for my taste.

Play the game already!
agreed

if the Colts don't win this I'll cry. The Pats are a far better team than the Bears so if the Colts lose it will just seem so wrong... I do think the Bears will put up a good fight though. I kind of hope it's not a blowout because that'd be boring. Still, if it's as suspenseful as the Pats game I'll need a heart transplant by the end.

also what was with Caldwell's eyes in that game, he was scary lookin' maybe I'd look like that too if I missed passes like that

have to say it's nice livin in indy right now

Old 01-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

The Saints averaged 25.8 points per game, that was 5th in the NFL. Imagine how many points per game they'd put up if they had a good offense.
I meant not a "very good offense", which I actually said but didn't emphasize. They are good, just not very good. That was the point I was trying to make. And also Joe Horn was out vs. Philly, the example I used.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Reggie Bush is going to be so good in the next couple of years (once he fully learns the NFL game) it's scary. New Orleans is going to have a good team for the next couple of years, I think.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #125
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I meant not a "very good offense", which I actually said but didn't emphasize. They are good, just not very good. That was the point I was trying to make. And also Joe Horn was out vs. Philly, the example I used.
I understand, but still don't understand how a team averages over 25 points a game but is not very good? If you're saying they racked up lots of points against porous defenses, or something akin to that, that's another story. But, I think that when you're 5th in the league in scoring, you probably have a very good offense. Good point on Horn, though. They're better with him than without...he missed 6 regular season games, wonder how the Saints fared in those contests.

Agreed on Bush. He's scary fast and as he learns the pro game he should only improve. Still, can never see him as a 20-25 carries per game back, but maybe i'm wrong on that one, cos I thought the same thing about Tiki.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

The Bears have three weaknesses:
1. The D can give up deep passes in the secondary. The Colts wideouts can get past the safeties.
Actually, I'm more worried about the Bears D giving up the short pass.

And wow, from all the talk here, the Bears shouldn't even show up on the 4th since the Colts obviously have it in the bag.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #127
Blue Crack Supplier

First lesson to Reggie: Do not taunt the opposing defense. Ever.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:30 AM
Quote:

I guess I don't understand your point. As NSW said, and I said, how can this team that averaged 25 points per game and the most yards per game of ANY team in the NFL be only a good offense. Are you saying their inconsistant? Did they play crappy teams?

And WHA, don't worry. You said the same thing before the Bears/Saints game and look how that turned out.

I say keep the negativity coming. I feel it only fuels my Bears even more. An unhappy Urlacher is just what the super bowl ordered.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #129
ONE
love, blood, life

so....moving on from the "the Bear does not have a chance" theme......

Wondering what folks think of the new coaches: Kiffin and Tomlin?

Good choices? (I know there is at least one Steel fan out there who is ready to comment).

And I am pretty sure Raiders fans do not know how to put complete sentences together, so, Nevermind on Kiffin.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #130
Blue Crack Supplier

I am very pleased with Tomlin. I'm not saying I am sure he's gonna be a success, because nobody can predict that sort of thing with a 1st time coach....but I have faith in the Steelers oraganization, so I have faith in the new coach. Plus, everything I've read about him has been very positive. And, I like young and hungry coaches, like a Mangini and whatnot...did not want to see a retread, not that the Steelers would go down that path. My only concern is that on offense, there will be a new O-coordinator, and a new QB coach, probably, so it could take some time for Ben to adjust to a new system. Should also be interesting to see if Tomlin installs a 4-3, which he uses because he is a Cover 2 guy....Steelers of course have been a 3-4 team for a long time now, and LeBeau, who is staying as D Coordinator, basically intvented the zone blitzing scheme the Steelers use out of the 3-4. Anyway, I'm pleased with it. I'll leave the Kiffin comments to others....just hope for his sake that Davis leaves him alone and lets him coach his team how he wants.

And, just want to say that of course the Bears have a chance, WHA and Phil. I'll believe Peyton can win 2 big games in a row when I see it.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:58 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

Actually, I'm more worried about the Bears D giving up the short pass.

And wow, from all the talk here, the Bears shouldn't even show up on the 4th since the Colts obviously have it in the bag.
Any given Sunday...

But really though you have to admit the Bears are pretty big underdogs here.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #132
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Any given Sunday...

I don't think she's gonna admit that, Dave.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Any given Sunday...

Well the underdog Pats beat the "Greatest Show on Turf" so of course anything can happen. I think the Bears will make a game of it, not sure if they'll be able to close the deal, but I don't see them rolling over for Indy either. And I actually think Rex will have a decent game, the ability is there, he's just a bit inconsistent...no way he's the worst Superbowl QB ever, Dilfer & Hostetler off the top of my head are worse.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hey, let's get ahead of ourselves! If the Colts win, they could have a dynasty. Peyton finally gets over the hump and finally gets a winner's mentality. With this all around confidence, he could take the Colts to the Promised Land a few more times.

And then there's the Bears.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 AM   #135
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

He really has to win though doesn't he...Peyton I mean. You hate to make it like that, but if he doesn't win it this year, regardless of what I think of Chicago, they are the major underdogs in the media's eyes.

If he doesn't win it this year, I will honestly feel sorry for the man. Though, I cannot say I honestly believe this will be his last chance.