NFL Superbowl thread - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Did it not seem like Nance was having a big O that PM was finally making it to the big game while Phil Simms continually informed the Colts box that "maybe they should review that play!" ???

Assholes.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:15 AM
Big Grin individuals know who they are...and they are not around - and WERE around

Phanam...comments from prior thread not for you, or speedracer or Hewson!

Or, for that matter, for the individuals who have provided congrats.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Did it not seem like Nance was having a big O that PM was finally making it to the big game while Phil Simms continually informed the Colts box that "maybe they should review that play!" ???

Assholes.
I fear that that is who we will be stuck with in the Super Bowl.

...and knowing the layout of the RCA Dome, there is no link to the broadcast booth and the Colts box. Further, the TV broadcast is about five or six seconds behind. the team boxes would have reviewed the in-stadium shots of the game to make the determination to review a play. AND, the review warranted nothing for the Colts.

I liked the two refs that called that touchdown after their short conference. Simultaneous "push out" and "touchdown" calls!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Colts to Pats: nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah!

Sums it up!

Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl
finally...
Not a Colts fan since Unitas...
Old 01-22-2007, 12:35 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

I fear that that is who we will be stuck with in the Super Bowl.

...and knowing the layout of the RCA Dome, there is no link to the broadcast booth and the Colts box. Further, the TV broadcast is about five or six seconds behind. the team boxes would have reviewed the in-stadium shots of the game to make the determination to review a play. AND, the review warranted nothing for the Colts.

I liked the two refs that called that touchdown after their short conference. Simultaneous "push out" and "touchdown" calls!
No problem with the refs or how the Pats lost the game on their own...my problem is with the bias commentary that each provided the Colts...thought I was listening to Brent Musberger!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:40 AM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
..thought I was listening to Brent Musberger!
only on Cccccccccccccccccc-B-S.

I am NOT looking forward to the CBS broadcast.

I loved Simms as a Giants QB. He gave me a lot to cheer for as a teenager in NJ. As an analyst...he bugs me.

I may have to listen to the local radio broadcast over the TV.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

I saw that too, they looked like they were doing the hokey pokey!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I think the Colts should thank the person that runs the A/C at the RCA Dome.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:06 AM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

I'll bet that high-5's were flowing in the Manning Suite..."look, there's Eli cheering on his big bro....." :jackoffs:
Old 01-22-2007, 07:22 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Well Congrats to the Colts and Da Bears and all their fans, especially those here on this board.

Some game last night, can't say I'm happy with the outcome, but Indy and Peyton finally stepped up and won a big game, and in dramatic fashion after trailing by 18. Tha Pats D was severely worn out, and when there's a guy (Baker) who me and my buddies all have never seen on the field playing DB in the title game, you know you're in some trouble against that offense. Why didn't Troy Brown get some work on defense instead? The Pats' corners, Hobbs and Samuel played very well against Wayne and Harrison(the faceguarding PI call was BS cause Hobbs never contacted Wayne), the Pats were burned by inability to cover the slot, backs on circle routes and tight ends(Clark getting 137 yards was the real difference)...Urlacher may be the Bears only hope.

One strategic question I posed at the end of the game...after the 2 minute warning, when the Colts ran on 1st down, the Pats didn't call timeout (having 3), let the clock tick an extra 40 seconds off, then used a TO on 2nd down. If they use one on both 1st and 2nd, there'd be 1:40 rather than 1:00 when the Colts scored...possible with more time that Brady doesn't force the last pass and get picked...but alas we'll never know...but the strategy to hold the timeout for offense befuddles me since you can stop the clock with a spike on offense.

As for game 1: The Saints practicing indoors had to have affected the game, regardless of what Sean Payton says. If I'm a Bears fan, I am happy with 21 of my starters...problem is guy #22 is Sexy Rexy. To me the 2 consecutive timeouts (which btw came immediately following an official's injury timeout so it was like 3 consecutive TO's) showed me that Rex was nervous and the pressure was getting to him. The pressure will only mount in 2 weeks. Bears only chance is to run the ball down the Colts' throats, if Rex is forced to be a factor, the Colts romp.

Lets hope the Bears at least make it a decent game...I doubt the Superbowl (spelling for Headache and Zoney) will match the excitement of the Pats/Colts game, or even the Pats/Bolts or Bears/Seahags games...but hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

As heartbroken as I am this morning about the Colts win, I have to say it was one of the most exciting football games I've ever seen.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
One strategic question I posed at the end of the game...after the 2 minute warning, when the Colts ran on 1st down, the Pats didn't call timeout (having 3), let the clock tick an extra 40 seconds off, then used a TO on 2nd down. If they use one on both 1st and 2nd, there'd be 1:40 rather than 1:00 when the Colts scored...possible with more time that Brady doesn't force the last pass and get picked...but alas we'll never know...but the strategy to hold the timeout for offense befuddles me since you can stop the clock with a spike on offense.
I was thinking the same thing. You knew the Colts were at least going to get the FG, so why not preserve as much time as possible to try and come back for the game winner?

Now that I've had time and sleep to digest this game, perhaps the biggest moment came not in the second half, but in the first half. In the second quarter, the Patriots were driving, and Brady had just completed a first down to Watson at the Colts 19. Let's face it - the Patriots were in total control at that time, and while a FG is all but assured there, it's a good bet they go in for the TD and go up 28-3, which may have been too much even for Manning to overcome.

But the pass interference call on Brown, followed by another penalty, knocked them so far back they didn't get any points at all. I thought that was a big moment. If it's 28-6 at the half, I think they might have been able to hold on.

As for Caldwell, he got away with the first drop because they ended up getting the TD anyway, but the second drop, the one where he was all alone on the sideline - that was the killer. He probably wouldn't have made it to the end zone, but a first down was very likely. If the Patriots had scored a TD there instead of the FG, that would have put a bit more pressure on Manning. Although with the way he was killing the Pats D at that time, it might not have mattered anyway.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:15 AM
Quote:
No problem with the refs or how the Pats lost the game on their own...my problem is with the bias commentary that each provided the Colts...thought I was listening to Brent Musberger!
No kidding. I was thinking about it and I actually don't mind the Colts & Peyton themselves, it's the network/ESPN asshats' love affair with them that turns me off.

I think it would be pretty funny if the Bears won though...Pey-Pey finally exorcises the demons & beats the Pats to make it to the Superbowl (just for you Headache), only to lose a head-to-head matchup with the great...Rex Grossman?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
This should be a great Superbowl. I can't wait for this Superbowl. Is anybody else excited for the Superbowl? I love the Superbowl.
Make a gif of dozens of them then blow it up real large, then put it in your sig

Old 01-22-2007, 10:00 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney! in the last thread

How about that Brady magic....in A DOME!!!!

And how about that "over-rated" Manning who chokes everytime!
All that stuff about Brady in a Dome and Peyton in a big game, stats, history, whatever, it doesn't matter because in a new game anything can happen. Like Doc Brown said, your future isn't written, nobody's is, so make yours a good one!

(and 'you're fired' is erased!)