NFL Superbowl thread - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #361
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
how, as a huuuuuuuge colts fan, did you not know about this already?
I do not know! My brother is a huger fan and he was just out there and did not say anything about it. What a suprise!

And Irvin going to the HOF is terrible when Art Monk was again passed over. He is a good guy. Look how long it took Swann and Stallworth to get in, and they were good guys. Really, character should play a part in it. Just as no one wants Pete Rose or Maguire in the Baseball hall because of their conduct, the same should go for him. He filmed naked teenage girls. He was in trouble for drugs. He was a total asshole on the field, pushing off and taunting other players. Irvin does not deserve the honor, at least not now. Make him wait ten years or so like wandering through the desert for his sins or something

It is going to be interesting to see if they deny TO for his conduct despite his numbers, or Randy Moss, while taking in this jerk on the first ballot.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #362
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
This has to be the worst HOF class in NFL history.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #363
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

How's that, Screw?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #364
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Does that Lucas Oil have a retractable roof? And is it owned by George Lucas?

I'm sorry to hear the Dome will be torn down
Yes, retractable.

No, not george. Lucas Oil Stadium(from what I have learned in my less-than-one-year-in-residence in Indy, Lucas Oil is an Oil company that is a big sponsor for different types of car racing, and was founded by a Hoosier).

The team, as well as the fans, will be better off with the RCA Dome. VERY FEW will miss the RCA Dome.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #365
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
It is going to be interesting to see if they deny TO for his conduct despite his numbers, or Randy Moss, while taking in this jerk on the first ballot.
how many championships do TO and Randy Moss have as compared to Michael Irvin?

Irvin, his off the field exploints aside, is 10th all time in receptions, 9th all time in recieving yards, and third all time in 100 yard games, despite having a relatively short career when compared to, say, Jerry Rice.

as for his off the field exploints... was he a saint? of course not... but the alleged episode in where he and erik williams sexually assaulted a 19 year old girl, videotaping the entire thing, was proven in court of law to be a complete fabrication and the girl who brought up the charges was eventually charged herself with perjury.

when he was busted in the "white house" scandal, he was tested by the NFL for drugs, and it came back negative. he's never tested positive for drug use in his entire career.

has he used drugs? i don't know... if ya put a gun to my head and made me answer yes or no, i'd obviously answer yes. but in reality all he's guilty of is being a bit of a prick and hanging out with some really bad company.

that aside... he was a killer on the field. he was what TO should be. he was unguardable. if not for a spinal injury cutting his career short (the injury which of course was cheered by philly fans when it happened) he would be in the top 5 in every single recieving category.

you may not like him as a person, but he's a hall of famer, and one of the greatest wide reciever's i've ever seen.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #366
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

Yes, retractable.
You know, I invented that idea, I wrote it in a story many years ago, before there ever was such a thing. And here I sit with no cash.

Quote:
No, not george. Lucas Oil Stadium(from what I have learned in my less-than-one-year-in-residence in Indy, Lucas Oil is an Oil company that is a big sponsor for different types of car racing, and was founded by a Hoosier).
I knew it wasn't really George Lucas, I was just joking. But I didn't know who the real company was. At least they named it after a company to start with. I hate it when legendary fields like Candlestick end up named after a corporation or even worse, ones named after dead guys, like Jack Murphy or Jack Kent Cooke, end up selling out

Quote:
The team, as well as the fans, will be better off with the RCA Dome. VERY FEW will miss the RCA Dome.
I guess you mean WITHOUT, but I will still miss it. I liked it, I like its dowtown location, and I liked the cute RCA doggies they use
Old 02-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #367
Blue Crack Distributor

next thing ya know wrigley field will be named after some chewing gum company.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #368
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:12 PM
what's the halftime show this year?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:43 PM   #369
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
next thing ya know wrigley field will be named after some chewing gum company.
Excellent!
Old 02-04-2007, 01:43 PM   #370
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
what's the halftime show this year?

Prince. Hopefully there will be no wardrobe malfunctions!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #371
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

You know, I invented that idea, I wrote it in a story many years ago, before there ever was such a thing. And here I sit with no cash.

Invented the idea huh? Maybe that's why the roof at Olympic Stadium never quite worked properly.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #372
Blue Crack Addict

Anybody else sick of evvvery team always playing the under dog role?

"People just keep picking against us," Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher said. "It's a fact. It's the same thing every week."

"We've been the underdog all season," Bears cornerback Charles Tillman added.

Whaaaaat, you've been underdogs all season??

You were favored in 16 out of 18 games this season!! Including both playoff games!!

Gimme a break.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #373
War Child

Is it time for Prince yet?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #374
War Child

Quote:

I hate it when legendary fields like Candlestick end up named after a corporation or even worse, ones named after dead guys, like Jack Murphy or Jack Kent Cooke, end up selling out
Wasn't Jack Kent Cook still alive when the stadium was being biult and then dies either right before it was finished or right after? I lived in DC at the time and could have sworn he was.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #375
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
Anybody else sick of evvvery team always playing the under dog role?

"People just keep picking against us," Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher said. "It's a fact. It's the same thing every week."

"We've been the underdog all season," Bears cornerback Charles Tillman added.

Whaaaaat, you've been underdogs all season??

You were favored in 16 out of 18 games this season!! Including both playoff games!!

Gimme a break.
Ok, the all season quote by Tillman is a bit ridiculous. But you cannot sit there and tell me you honestly think ESPN and other major sports networks were picking the Bears to do anything in the playoffs.

Especially against the Saints. They were all but beaten by the coin toss. Even now, according to my local newspaper, the Bears cannot hang in with the Colts at all.

I'll agree that the Bears might be using this line a bit much, but there certainly was, and is still, some truth to what they are saying.