NFL Superbowl thread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #346
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

So the crowd mix could be heavily Bear fans, who do travel well...more expendable income in Chicago than Indy.
Chicago is #3 population wise...and I think #2 for corporate HQs. Indy is a small city. SMALL city.

I really expected to see a lot of charter traffic for airlines here in Indy....but there really hasn't been a whole lot.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #347
Blue Crack Distributor

on top of it the beras have a vast history, with generations of displaced fans all over the country...

where as the colts have a very short history, because a large majority of fans who were there for the baltimore colts bolted from the team when they bolted from baltimore and are now raven fans (or redskin, or "other")... much in the same way giant and dodger fans are now, mostly, met fans.

and anyhoo, indiana's a basketball state. football will always be second.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

I think they'd have to go for the extra point. Regardless a situation like that could lead to terrorist attacks by people that were effected by not going for the PAT.
Thats the beauty of my scenario...in this situation they don't kick the PAT...I've seen it happen, in fact I think it happened this year once...but obviously never in a Super Bowl...imagine the craziness with all the squares...pandemonium!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #349
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

and anyhoo, indiana's a basketball state. football will always be second.
Indeed...but you should see how whipped up this place is right now!

The new Colts stadium being built (Lucas Oil Stadium) will (in my opinion) look like a "Fieldhouse." The design makes it look like an overgrown Canseco Fieldhouse, or Hinkle Fieldhouse (where Butler plays and where they filmed "Hoosiers").
Old 02-03-2007, 07:39 AM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

Good! Just like Atomic Bono said, it's a good time to be there. I'm so happy they're enjoying it.

Quote:
The new Colts stadium being built (Lucas Oil Stadium) will (in my opinion) look like a "Fieldhouse." The design makes it look like an overgrown Canseco Fieldhouse, or Hinkle Fieldhouse (where Butler plays and where they filmed "Hoosiers").
NEW Colts Stadium?! I didn't know about this! Why do they need it? What's wrong with the Dome? What will they do with it?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It's kind of funny that a diehard fan didn't know their teams is building a new stadium.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #352
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

it does... i've seen the artwork. and i believe the final four will be played at lucas oil in 2010 (with host school, ironicly enough, butler)

do they still plan on having it be a retractable roof? you'd think they'd want to keep full control over the elements for peyton.

oh, and you do not have to tell me where they filmed hoosiers... every scene of that movie is permanently engrained into my mind
Old 02-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #353
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

NEW Colts Stadium?! I didn't know about this! Why do they need it? What's wrong with the Dome? What will they do with it?
I guess they felt they need a bigger, better stadium yes it will have a retractable roof, and slightly bigger capacity (up to 10,000 more I think) part of it may be that Indy is vying for the Super Bowl in 2011... also as headache said, the final four. and they're going to expand the Convention Center where the Dome gets demolished.

I can't wait til tomorrow guys I'm having a bunch of friends over and we're gonna play Madden 07 on my brother's Wii until the game (nintendo wii = best present for your brother to get ever) friday was cool, everyone at school was wearing colts stuff, and we had decorated a lot of the teacher's doors, and everywhere you drive there is Colts stuff...

let's hope for an awesome game tomorrow
Old 02-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

The dome only holds about 60,000 and it is one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL. There is a webcam on the Colts site showing the progress, U2Kitten. When I saw the Colts in October the stadium was pretty far along.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Cool! I'm glad they are expecting that kind of crowd and that 60,000 seats is not enough to hold all the Colts fans!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #356
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 02-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #357
ONE
love, blood, life

The RCA Dome is a dump! It was great when it was built in the early 80's, but it really doesn't fit the needs of the current NFL economy - and it is the smallest NFL venue right now. The Metrodome is only slightly better than the RCA Dome (despite their stricking similar appearance).

They had made a lot of progress with the stadium...then it got cold. Part of the roof steel is in place.

2010 Final Four! I almost feel as if they are building it for the Final Four, rather than the Colts. The State of Basketball!

I need to see a game at Hinkle - especially while Butler is on a roll!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #358
Blue Crack Distributor

MIAMI -- Michael Irvin was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday despite a troubled past, though voters denied entry to retired NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

The former Dallas Cowboys receiver, who won three Super Bowls in the 1990s, got in on his third try.

Irvin pleaded no contest in 1996 to felony cocaine possession. Four years later, he was arrested on drug possession charges, but they were later dropped.

The 40 Hall voters were criticized by two of Irvin's former teammates, Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman, for previously bypassing the wideout, who retired in 1999.

They didn't ignore him this time.

Tagliabue was eliminated in the first round of voting.

Also voted in were running back Thurman Thomas, offensive lineman Bruce Matthews, defensive back Roger Wehrli and two nominees of the veterans' committee -- tight end Charlie Sanders and guard Gene Hickerson.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Does that Lucas Oil have a retractable roof? And is it owned by George Lucas?

I'm sorry to hear the Dome will be torn down
Old 02-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

how, as a huuuuuuuge colts fan, did you not know about this already?