NFL Superbowl thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

if the AFC Championship game were, in fact, the super bowl, it would probably go down as the greatest super bowl ever played.

I would have to say that this was on par with the last Super Bowl the Bears played (Boring factor). The only thing that makes THAT Super Bowl better was the Chicago Bears team that played. It was a blowout. Super Bowl blowouts suck.

AND, I hate to say it (knowing that you will dispute it as a giants fan), but the Giants V. Ravens game sucked too. THANK GOD for U2 at halftime. Giants were a little better than the bears, and the Ravens had who at QB? Nevermind all of the punting (Maynard set a punting record that game for the Giants).

those INTs by sexy rexy had nothing to do with rain

Those were some of the worst throws I have ever seen, especially the last one where he had his receiver wide open. A good throw and that might have gone for a TD. Every time he threw it deep it looked more like a pop-up to centerfield.

zoney! said:

AND, I hate to say it (knowing that you will dispute it as a giants fan), but the Giants V. Ravens game sucked too. THANK GOD for U2 at halftime. Giants were a little better than the bears, and the Ravens had who at QB? Nevermind all of the punting (Maynard set a punting record that game for the Giants).
That game did suck hard, but U2 played at the Pats/Rams game the following year.:wink:

Hey AtomicBono -

Nice to see that the school bus drivers of IPS gave you guys the day off!

(for those of you outside of Indy, Indy Public schools are closed today because of the number of sick calls from the bus drivers. Right. Sick. :D ).

zoney! said:

I would have to say that this was on par with the last Super Bowl the Bears played (Boring factor). The only thing that makes THAT Super Bowl better was the Chicago Bears team that played. It was a blowout. Super Bowl blowouts suck.

ah yes, u2 was at the pats/rams, which was actually quite entertaining.

i found yesterday's game to be much worse than any of the super bowl blow outs because the game was close, which meant that despite how mind numblingy bad and boring it was, ya had to sit in front of the tv and watch it at the hopes that the end would be exciting, which of course it was not.

if the game's a blow out at least you can move your attention to more pressing things, like seeing how many mini hot dogs you can eat in a minute.

if the game's a blow out at least you can move your attention to more pressing things, like seeing how many mini hot dogs you can eat in a minute.

It was excruciating, because although you knew that the Colts would most likely win, you had to hang around and make sure you didn't witness the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

zoney! said:
Hey AtomicBono -

Nice to see that the school bus drivers of IPS gave you guys the day off!

(for those of you outside of Indy, Indy Public schools are closed today because of the number of sick calls from the bus drivers. Right. Sick. :D ).

oh is that the reason they gave for cancelling? :lol: i just told my dad last night none of my friends were going to school, and he just said "it's up to you, do whatever you want." but i did hear that they officially cancelled school :wink:

the super bowl is kind of a blur to me...individual plays don't stand out in my mind like they did with the Pats game. the first half was exciting, but second half made it pretty clear the Colts would win. still, I had a great time watching it, surrounded by fellow colts fans, and I have to say I feel extremely satisfied :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom