NFL Superbowl thread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

Everybody should be respected here, regardless of if you've been here 5 days or 5 years, so length of membership has nothing to do with it.
The thing is, I think with so many people making alters to say things they normally wouldn't, people are very suspicious of 'newbies.' And not just on this board. (Disclaimer: I know nothing of the disagreement or who was right or wrong, not saying in this case the new person was or was not really new, just saying that about alters and people jumping on newbies.)

Old 02-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #317
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
And Headache do not be so quick to give up on Eli. We Colts fans were very frustrated with Peyton his first few years but he turned out okay. Eli will too.
Peyton Manning - First three seasons
1998 - 3,739 yards - 26 TDs, 28 INTs - 3-13 record
1999 - 4135 yards, 26 TDs, 15 INTs - 13-3 record
2000 - 4413 yards, 33 TDs, 15 INTs - 10-6 record

Eli Manning - First three seasons
2004 - 1043 yards, 6 TDs, 9 INTs - 1-7 record
2005 - 3762 yards, 24 TDs, 17 INTs - 11-5 record
2006 - 3244 yards, 24 TDs, 18 INTs - 8-8 record

while i am certainly not giving up on eli just yet... he has shown flashes of brilliance... i would certainly trade my frustration with that of colt fans in peyton's first years.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #318
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

The thing is, I think with so many people making alters to say things they normally wouldn't, people are very suspicious of 'newbies.' And not just on this board. (Disclaimer: I know nothing of the disagreement or who was right or wrong, not saying in this case the new person was or was not really new, just saying that about alters and people jumping on newbies.)
No offense, and I don't want to get into a big thing here, but you are the LAST person who should be commenting on alters. Besides, alter or not, people still need to respect others.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Bears might be able to pull this off somehow...
Old 02-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #320
Blue Crack Distributor

word is they may cancel the super bowl after a vacationing boston police officer found what appears to be an explosive device attached to the top of dolphins stadium...

Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

If the scoreboard were giving the finger, it would be a hoax, but since its not....look out!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
LT on Belichick
MIAMI -- San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson said he's looking forward to being coached by Bill Belichick in the Pro Bowl.

Tomlinson added that he spoke in the heat of the moment when he suggested the Patriots' post-game celebration after their playoff win over the Chargers -- which he felt was classless -- was a reflection on Belichick.

"Obviously, the head coach is the leader of the team, but he can't control what his players do," Tomlinson said this morning after accepting the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award along with Drew Brees. "A lot of times, in the heat of the battle or right after the game, you kind of say things sometimes that you want to take back.

"For me to say they probably get it from their head coach, that may be not true. I don't know that for sure. I think more times that players react in ways that may be classless, it has nothing to do with the coach.

"So I'm looking forward to seeing Bill and having him coach the game. I think we'll have a good time."

Tomlinson also said his remarks about not wanting to say two words to Belichick might have been misinterpreted. He said he didn't plan to say two words about the post-game incident.

"I think they know it was wrong, but at the same time, Bill has no control over that. It's not a fact that I won't talk to him," Tomlinson said.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

In a related note, Tomlinson had breakfast this morning at The Waffle House.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #324
Blue Crack Distributor

actually i think it's pretty much a fact that tomlinson won't talk to belichick because bill may all of a sudden come down with the flu and not be able to attend.

coaching all star games & bill belichick don't seem to go together.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
actually i think it's pretty much a fact that tomlinson won't talk to belichick because bill may all of a sudden come down with the flu and not be able to attend.

coaching all star games & bill belichick don't seem to go together.
You would have enjoyed Belichick's WEEI radio "Patriots Monday" segment the day after the AFC Championship game.
When asked if he was looking forward to coaching the Pro Bowl his answer was "Oh yeah, I can't wait" and the ginormous level of sarcasm in his voice was priceless.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #326
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Thanks, Hewson. I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl and all, but I'm also looking forward to the NFL getting it's act together someday. They keep rewarding all the current players who keep commiting these dopey crimes. Meanwhile, the NFLPA keeps shitting on all of the retired NFL players who rely on $24,000 a year to help them with their assorted ailments.
Take former Balitmore Colt, John Mackey. He played in Super Bowl V. The only thing he remembers about that game is that scored a TD. If he didn't have a Super Bowl ring, he wouldn't have remembered that his team even won. I could go on and name several former NFL players who have been fucked over by the NFLPA, but according to the current leader of the NFLPA, Gene Upshaw, why bother?
So, on Super Bowl Sunday, when you sit down with your beer and bowl of tortilla chips to watch this year's match-up, take a moment to remember all the guys who participated in the 40 other Super Bowls and helped make the NFL a shitload of money. Most of them probably walk with a limp. Most of them probably had a concussion or three and still played through it. Most of them aren't being properly compensated by the NFL.
On a related note, there's an article in today's Boston Globe on former Pats linebacker Ted Johnson, who's really messed up right now after getting his bell rung too many times.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...nd_up_like_me/

Swipe a login from bugmenot if necessary.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:13 PM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Holy shit, somebody actually gave a fuck about what I wrote. Thanks!
The NFL is in damage control mode as we speak as a result of this issue.
Thanks to Mike Ditka and Harry Carson, they are telling the world that the NFL is fucking over all of these guys. The new commish is going to try to do the right thing. Stay tuned.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #328
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

No offense, and I don't want to get into a big thing here, but you are the LAST person who should be commenting on alters.
Because I used alters, and I'm a mod on other boards and see them all the time, that makes me an expert I speak from experience! Someone with no alters would be innocent enough to believe every newbie was really new!

Quote:
Besides, alter or not, people still need to respect others.
Respect for my alters
Old 02-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Peyton Manning - First three seasons
1998 - 3,739 yards - 26 TDs, 28 INTs - 3-13 record
1999 - 4135 yards, 26 TDs, 15 INTs - 13-3 record
2000 - 4413 yards, 33 TDs, 15 INTs - 10-6 record

Eli Manning - First three seasons
2004 - 1043 yards, 6 TDs, 9 INTs - 1-7 record
2005 - 3762 yards, 24 TDs, 17 INTs - 11-5 record
2006 - 3244 yards, 24 TDs, 18 INTs - 8-8 record

while i am certainly not giving up on eli just yet... he has shown flashes of brilliance... i would certainly trade my frustration with that of colt fans in peyton's first years.
Wow, impressive list! That's still too many INTs. And it wasn't ALL Eli's fault when the Giants didn't win, losing is a team effort too. And I know you don't like the coach, some of it could be his fault too.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #330
Blue Crack Distributor

removed my own post... just not worth it. my bad.