NFL Superbowl thread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2007, 08:39 PM   #271
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i believe he's under 24 hour supervision... i wonder if he has to wear a lojac during games that would certainly be a super bowl first
I wonder if the lojac could possibly interfere with the plays being called in from the sidelines...like cellphones and aircraft navigational devices.

That could really screw up Grossman. He might be up to six or seven timeouts per half!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by a_young_old_fan

I missed the part in the forum rules about bowing being required when someone has more posts than you. My sincerest apologies.

I will not, however, apologize for the opinion that complaining about a call a week after the game in a thread that isn't about the game sounds like sour grapes. None of my posts have been attacks or disrepectful, so I don't really understand all the hoopla.

If this is boy's club where only the old fogeys are welcome, just say so, and I'll be gone. I'd forgotten how cliquish the U2 fan base can be.
1. Despite the title, this is clearly a general-purpose NFL thread. This is something that would have been clear to you had you read the earlier posts. The custom around here is to cram general discussion about each league into one long thread instead of having 10 different threads floating about at once.

2. To a man (and woman), all the Pats fans around here credited the Colts for having played a better game in the AFC championship game, something that you would have seen if you had checked the previous long NFL all-purpose thread, or even a few pages back in this thread. Calling the Pats fans here a bunch of gripers is inaccurate, and doing so at the end of a season when you just joined the forum five days ago is really impolite.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:32 PM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:39 AM
But calling a Bear's fan a griper is just fine b/c it's true. Just look back at my posts. "We aren't getting credit." "Everyone loves Peyton."

Tell you what, just make fun of me. I take no offense.

Go Bears!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

bear down! bear down!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:39 AM
Old 01-31-2007, 10:53 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 PM   #277
Blue Crack Addict

We just ordered 2 kegs of Molson Canadian for delivery at 10:00 am Sunday. Tap time is 10:06 am Sunday.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:44 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Dude, you'll be passed out by gametime.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

I think you underestimate the liquor tolerance of my roommates and I...

Plus, we're having some people over closer to game time, too - they'll pay in on whatever's left, so we won't be drinking 2 kegs between only those that live here!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
But calling a Bear's fan a griper is just fine b/c it's true. Just look back at my posts. "We aren't getting credit." "Everyone loves Peyton."
Well, playing the disrespect card is practically mandatory for the underdog in the Super Bowl. Sometimes for the favorite as well.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #281
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I will not, however, apologize for the opinion that complaining about a call a week after the game in a thread that isn't about the game sounds like sour grapes.
See this is the part where you are mistaken.
Feel free to show me where I complained a week later about the call.
I merely posted the link showing that the NFL admitted an error, justifying what I and a couple others had said at the time, that it was a wrong call, I never said anything "sour grapes", except if you misinterpreted this:

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

Just to use a U2Kitten terminology...the Colts cheated!
Which the is placed at the end to intentionally show it as a toungue in cheek post. Hence why I said you may have missed the humor.
Interesting that you did not call out Zoney for complaining about a call in the Pats/Vikes game that went against his beloved Vikings on 10/30...so I guess if you're a Pats fan its sour grapes to mention an admitted NFL officiating mistake a week later, but if you're a fan of any other team, you can complain about a correctly called play 3 months later and its kosher. Sounds like a double standard to me.
Or maybe just sour grapes over years of previous Colts failures:

Quote:
I still swear I saw some arm contact on that call...but if it was indeed a bad call, that's karma baby. I don't feel one bit of sorrow for the Pats at all. If it was any other team in the NFL I would be posting some sympathy, but let's face it. The NFL has played to the Pats for far too long.
Enjoy the game...hope for your sake the Bears don't win on anything controversial, wouldn't want you to complain a week later.

(and there was zero contact on the play, get your eyes checked )
Old 02-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
well-respected members like Hewson.
See, this is a humorous post.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
We just ordered 2 kegs of Molson Canadian for delivery at 10:00 am Sunday. Tap time is 10:06 am Sunday.

Whats with the wasted 6 minutes?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:58 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
See this is the part where you are mistaken.
Feel free to show me where I complained a week later about the call.
I merely posted the link showing that the NFL admitted an error, justifying what I and a couple others had said at the time, that it was a wrong call, I never said anything "sour grapes",

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I love how all Hewson does is post a link from an article and everyone goes apeshit in here.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I love how all Hewson does is post a link from an article and everyone goes apeshit in here.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/01...-to-the-lions/

Quote:
Donovan McNabb to the Lions for Second Overall Pick?
Posted Jan 31st 2007 10:35AM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Eagles, Lions, NFL Draft, NFL Rumors

Donovan McNabb seems like a nice guy. You'd hate to see something like this happen to him. Getting shipped to the Detroit Lions is like getting sent to Leavenworth. But that's the rumor that's being circulated, both in the Ann Arbor News and in Miami during Super Bowl festivities, that the Eagles could send McNabb to the Lions for the second overall pick in the draft, and in turn use that pick for Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.

McNabb will speak publicly for the first time since his November knee injury today, and he might be asked about the vocal minority of Eagles fans who would like to see him sent packing. We already know McNabb has some gripes. Would the Eagles really want to get rid of him and build the franchise around a rookie?

That seems highly unlikely. The Eagles could be a legitimate Super Bowl contender in 2007, and bringing in a rookie quarterback would be a rebuilding move. The real story here may be how hungry NFL fans are for any kind of information about their teams. The Eagles have been out of it for two weeks, and the Lions have been out of it for six years. Fans of both teams just want to hear something juicy, and McNabb to the Lions definitely fits.

How do Iggles fans feel about shipping out a case of Chunky Soup for Brady Quinn?