NFL Superbowl thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

HArryCarry.jpg

Hey!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

tpsglick2424 said:
im furious at grossman right now:mad:

Those two interceptions were awful... There was no reason to go deep on those throws.. They should have went ball control and throw in some screens, passes down the middle, etc.., to get back into the game....

kellyahern said:
I think I just heard Got Philk's head explode.

Uh, you heard that? Which time...

Ok, I've triedto back up Rex Grossman all playoffs long. But holy crap was he horrible. Absolutely ridiculously worthless.

Enough on him. The better team won. Peyton did not choke at all. Hey, we had a chance. We were only down by 5 in the third until(my first head explosion) the interception return for the touchdown. That was horrible. Everything about that pass was amazingly bad.

Next head explosion...the 2nd int. Wrong shoulder buddy.

He was either way to conservative way to fast, or he tried to do way too much. I am convinced those fumbles were him trying to do too much too fast as well. Lots of things to figure out.

Now the d was pretty good. Yeah, lots of dump down passes for 8-9 yards...but I expected that actually. We went with the bend but don't break idea. Like usual. Maybe a little too much bend every once in a while. We gave up too many 1st downs on 3rd and long. But man, we held them to field goals 2 times on 1st and goal or close to anyway. Defense was as good as we could have been

Good game Indy. You were the better team. :sad:

he could of been throwing great passes like he did at the end of the game (where he should of bombed it)

and bombed it when the passes sucked and there was no time for it

He was on. That's what frustrated me so much. He wasn't high on the passes. He was spot on. But we didn't feel the need to go over the middle more. That's what was open it seemed. The double moves were NOT working.

edit: He was on in regards to short passes/over the middle...etc. Deep passes, well, let's just say he could easily have had 2 more int's early in the game

The 1st quarter was entertaining with the kickoff return and all the fumbles, but after that, the Colts took control, the Bears did nothing, and Prince rocked.

What a boring game that turned out to be.

But congrats to the Colts and all their fans - they finally did it. And while I guessed that Peyton would get the MVP because, well, he's Peyton, it should have went to both Addai and Rhodes. If there was ever a SB that needed co-MVPs, it was this one. They absolutely dominated the game.

As for Prince, great show. I loved his take on the Foo Fighters (Best Of You), and you couldn't have asked for anything better than Purple Rain in the middle of a downpour. Right up there with the U2 performance, although I'd still give the edge (hehe, get it) to our favorite Irish band.

I thought Prince was gonna suck, but yeah I was wrong. The Best of You part was pretty awesome. The Colts kind of remind me of the Cardinals. They had better teams the past few years, but finally break through and win one when maybe they weren't supposed to.

Congrats to the Colts and their fans.

And cheer up Bears fans, with Grossman at the helm you'll have many superbowls ahead of you ;)

Like I said in the beginning I didn't want a 'blooper bowl' because neither team could truly do their best. But even with the rain and the crap, it was clear the Colts dominated on both sides of the ball.

I feel sorry for Grossman, he's really going to get bashed more now.

I was kind of disappointed at how non triumphant and anti climatic the end was, it was almost like, okay, the clock stopped, can we smile now? I wanted to see some cool celebrations. But hey they won and it's good enough! Though I do think Rhodes should have been MVP.
And yeah, maybe this wasn't their best season but to me it kinda made up for the other great seasons they had but lost in the playoffs. Like last year should have been theirs and the Steelers stole it. Maybe this was supposed to be the Chargers year, but this is what happened. It's like the 87 Niners only lost one game all year, but lost in the first playoff game when it should have been their year. The next year they were only 10-6 but went all the way, so maybe that was making up for it (and they had another dominating season and another SB the next year.) But anyway,

AAAAAAHHHH!!! YAY! THE COLTS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!

:up: :happy: :rockon: :bow: :hyper: :bonodrum:

Thanks to everybody who said congratulations to the Colts. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations to Peyton, Tony, the Colts and their fans.

New England is gonna kick your butts next year though.

speedracer said:
Congratulations to Peyton, Tony, the Colts and their fans.

New England is gonna kick your butts next year though.

Well we've got a ring now too so it doesn't matter :D

maybe if miami had used your invention of the retractable roof we wouldn't have had to deal with all the rain.

:up: I was thinking that too. After this mess there should never be another outdoor Super Bowl. Though it did take 41 years to get rain, you never know!

Got Philk? said:
I do feel bad for Rex. He's not only going to have to hear about how he's not a good quarter back through the offseason, but I guarentee the minute he makes a poor throw next year, the questions will come up again.

come on... no one cares about the throws he makes in pre-season and mop up regular season appearances.

one would think the bears would be looking to upgrade the position in the offseason... matt schaubb anyone?

after the game, rex had like an interview while he was walking out of the stadium, and he seemed cocky bout next year...

LemonMelon said:

Best halftime show since U2's. :up:

To add to a weird SB, we have a guy with an impressive and extensive career catalog of his own to choose songs from, and he gives us "Proud Mary" and the Foo Fighters :huh: That's like U2 doing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" instead of "Streets."

one would think the bears would be looking to upgrade the position in the offseason... matt schaubb anyone?

He'll come at a real steep price given Vick is no sure thing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom