NFL Superbowl thread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
hmm... it always sucks when refs later admit to making a bad call, because there's nothing that can be done about it. it's like "oops...my bad, oh well" it can only bring so much satisfaction to fans of the wronged team, because the outcome of the game isn't changed

still, you can't say the pats would have won if the call wasn't made. it would have only increased their chances very slightly. questionable calls get made a lot, it's just part of the game
And as mentioned before, it's not like the Pats didn't benefit from plenty of bad calls against the Colts in the past. (and non calls against the Pat DBs)

Old 01-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #227
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:57 AM
Big Grin

Was that a Patriot fan bitching about a MLB call that went AGAINST the Yankees? The world is crumbling.

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

And yes, the Patriots have had a number of calls go there way, so what comes around goes around. They lost this game regardless of any calls that may or may not have been made. End of story.

My least favorite "just call it whatever way suits the patriots" came out of the Vikings game this year. The TE CLEARLY caught the ball and the fumbled it out of bounds. It was called an incomplete pass. The Vikings asked for a review, and the play stood after review. It sucked any momentum the Vikings had...and the game ended up in a blowout.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

My least favorite "just call it whatever way suits the patriots" came out of the Vikings game this year. The TE CLEARLY caught the ball and the fumbled it out of bounds. It was called an incomplete pass. The Vikings asked for a review, and the play stood after review. It sucked any momentum the Vikings had...and the game ended up in a blowout.
That is an example of how bad calls can really change the outcome of a game and take the wind out of the sails of the opponents. I have seen it happen so many times, usually in favor of the Pats or "Smellboys."
Old 01-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #229
Babyface

I still swear I saw some arm contact on that call...but if it was indeed a bad call, that's karma baby. I don't feel one bit of sorrow for the Pats at all. If it was any other team in the NFL I would be posting some sympathy, but let's face it. The NFL has played to the Pats for far too long.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #230
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

That is an example of how bad calls can really change the outcome of a game and take the wind out of the sails of the opponents. I have seen it happen so many times, usually in favor of the Pats or "Smellboys."
I would consider that example an instance of a team having a poor mental attitude and folding. You lose 20-3 or 31-7, you have no room to pin anything on the refs.

In the Colts game, the Pats probably felt like they got hosed, but they shook it off and took the lead back on the very next possession. Unfortunately they got outplayed by the Colts at the end of the game.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:29 PM   #231
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin I had a fun day at work ;)

Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 AM   #232
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

We're less than a week away, so put past all of that bullshit that happened in the playoffs and focus on the big game. Who gives a shit what the ref's did or didn't call? The Super Bowl is here! Colts vs Bears! I'm no Colts fan, but I'm rooting for Peyton. I hope he goes to Disney World.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #233
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

So one play would have changed the outcome of a 31-7 annihilation?
I expect this type of drivel from some people here, I usually see better from you.
The Vikings were just bad this year, no amount of help from replay officials could have changed that.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #234
Blue Crack Distributor

good teams tend to have "lucky" plays happen to them.

good teams tend to have the calls "favor" them.

bad teams tend to have "unlucky" plays happen to them.

bad teams tend to commit a ton of penalties.

it seems to me that good teams seem to more often than not create their own breaks.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #235
War Child

Local Time: 10:57 AM
I think it is funny that the Pats have been out of the playoffs now for a full week and people are still bringing up how they are favored and always get calls to go there way. Seems to me that this Superbowl just can't be all that interesting.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #236
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That's because no one gives a shit until Super Bowl Sunday.
Bottom Line: The Pats are out of it. The NFL ain't gonna give the Pats a do-ver.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #237
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
I think it is funny that the Pats have been out of the playoffs now for a full week and people are still bringing up how they are favored and always get calls to go there way. Seems to me that this Superbowl just can't be all that interesting.
Or that the East Coast is pissy that they're not involved in the Super Bowl and they have to find a way to make it still about them.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #238
Blue Crack Addict

I love how all Hewson does is post a link from an article and everyone goes apeshit in here.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #239
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I love how all Hewson does is post a link from an article and everyone goes apeshit in here.
What are you saying I'm like the Ken Linseman of Interference?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #240
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:57 AM
Whining about blown calls is about the lamest thing a sports fan can do upon his/her favorite team losing. It happens to everyone, and, probably happened to both teams in the game you're referring to. Let it go, you lost.

Fuck the Patriots already and let's look forward to what hopefully will be an entertaining Super Bowl.