NFL Superbowl thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just coming in here to shout about the Robert Goulet commercial! That was hilarious! I love random stuff like that.

I also have to admit that the K-Fed commercial was pretty funny.

First half was interesting - second half is :yawn:. I was hoping for more Chicago offense to keep it interesting.

I've seen quite a few empty lower level seats all game long. I guess they're afraid of getting wet. :tsk:

I'm glad it's not the Bears. I couldn't root for them because:

A) They beat the Seahawks in the playoffs; and

B) I'm from Wisconsin, and it goes against every fiber of my being to root for the Bears.

Are you f'ing kidding me? Why doesn't Dungy go for the field goal - he just cost me $150!!! Screw Dungy and screw everything about the Colts. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

they should give the mvp to prince... that game was god awful. worst... super bowl... ever...

in all seriousness, if they give the mvp to peyton over dominic rhodes it's a joke. rhodes deserves it... if they give it to peyton it's like it's a lifetime achievement award.

that really was one of the worst super bowl's i've ever seen... it was like whatever team turned the ball over last would lose. i dunno if it was the rain or if chicago just blows and indy just sucks in big games, but man... that was awful. forget the rain... both teams sucked. the most exciting play of the game was the opening kick off... it was all down hill from there.

but, alas, if it were the giants that just won the worst super bowl ever, i'd be happy as a pig in shit and would care less about how bad the game was. a win is a win is a win... so indy should party it up real nice tonight.

nice to know that god likes the colts more than the bears then... good to know.

Last edited:
Chizip said:
i invented the hot dog

HArryCarry.jpg

Hey!!

U2Kitten said:
You know, I invented that idea, I wrote it in a story many years ago, before there ever was such a thing. And here I sit with no cash. :sigh:

U2Kitten said:
I want the Colts to win, I want them to win very much. But I also want a good game, a fair game, and a game with no stupid mistakes. I don't want to lose that way, I don't want to win that way. Bad calls either. I want a hard fought, honest game between two teams giving it all their hearts, and the best team on this day will win.

(But oh, Go Colts!)

The Speech Before Battle

returnoftheking.jpg

Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Sons of Indianapolis, of Chicago, my brothers,

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of men fails,

when we forsake our friends

and break all bonds of fellowship,

but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields,

when the age of men comes crashing down,

but it is not this day!

This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

I bid you stand, Men of the (mid)West!!!

I'm such a geek :wink: Here we go, let's have a good game, on this day.

no_idea.jpg

as soon as rex starts throwing the ball after he runs it the whole way through, it gets picked off once he bombs it, and finally at the last minute of the damn game hes throwing great short passes and no bomb!

and wtf was up with the defence?! one manning throws it to a person there were always two bears like several feet back from him?!

Okay thank God that is over. Besides Prince it was soooooo boring to watch.

Happy ending to the 2006 football season y'all...

was I the only one who thought prince was better than the stones?

and i am a WAY MUCH bigger fan of the stones

now i really have no need to speak of that dreadful game any longer, so back to the only good part of the entire evening... prince. man he rocked. i like prince and all but never considered myself to be a fan or anything... but man was he good.

the emotional aspects of the 9/11 related material, and the fact that it was my favorite band and all aside... i think prince was actually better than u2. he was awesome... and the pouring rain helped the drama on purple rain. top quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom