NFL Superbowl thread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #151
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
You are correct, no bye week that year.

And this is a good comparison, this year's Super Bowl combatants do somewhat resemble the Super Bowl XXV combatants a bit.
it is... the juggernaut afc offense vs. the big time D with a suspect QB.

perhaps we're looking at vinatieri wide right?

Old 01-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

The Colts D gave up 27 points to the Patriots, so I wouldn't say they are doing that great.
Remember 7 of those were scored on the OFFENSE, and much of the field position was the fault of the special teams. Also there was that lucky fumble recovery by the lineman, and the 'push out' The main thing is, when they had to do it, they stopped them. It was good enough.

WTF is it with 'pushouts' anyway? No matter who it is or what team he's on, it's lame. What, he'd have scored IF he wasn't pushed out? But he WAS! What's the point of the coverage? That's almost as bad as saying 'well he WOULD have gone all the way IF he wasn't tackled back at the 20'

Old 01-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

if the Colts don't win this I'll cry.
Me too. I cried when they won, I couldn't believe it!

Quote:
Still, if it's as suspenseful as the Pats game I'll need a heart transplant by the end.
Same here, football is hard on my heart! It beats weird the whole game, and the more worrysome it is the worse it gets. I can totally see myself dropping dead of heart failure during a game someday.

Quote:
have to say it's nice livin in indy right now
I bet it is! I'm jealous. Please tell us more about it! I was hoping the city would be pumped for this.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:10 PM   #154
War Child

Local Time: 04:22 PM
Is it next season yet?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #155
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Remember 7 of those were scored on the OFFENSE, and much of the field position was the fault of the special teams. Also there was that lucky fumble recovery by the lineman, and the 'push out' The main thing is, when they had to do it, they stopped them. It was good enough.

WTF is it with 'pushouts' anyway? No matter who it is or what team he's on, it's lame. What, he'd have scored IF he wasn't pushed out? But he WAS! What's the point of the coverage? That's almost as bad as saying 'well he WOULD have gone all the way IF he wasn't tackled back at the 20'
an airbore player has the right to come down in bounds, and if it is deemed that he would have come down in bounds if not for the push it is considered a catch.

the difference of course is that a player who's pushed out of bounds can't help himself, where as a player who is tackled could at least attempt to avoid the tackle.

wether ya think it's a silly rule or not, it is the rule, and he was clearly pushed out on that touchdown.

oh, and the pats scored 34 points... minus seven equals, well, you can figure it out.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Well, to be fair, there were lucky fumble recoveries by linemen on both teams. On the Colts' recovery, Jeff Saturday was clearly a few inches outside the end zone when he recovered the ball.

It would have been third down had the Patriots challenged the call, and there is a small chance the Pats could have held the Colts to fewer than 7 points on that possession.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #157
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:22 PM
Quote:

I bet it is! I'm jealous. Please tell us more about it! I was hoping the city would be pumped for this.
well of course Colts merchandise has popped up everywhere...I mean you always see Colts stuff during football season, but now every place has AFC Champs shirts, and you see a lot more people wearing Colts stuff than usual.

Monday of course all anyone could talk about was the game... (ironically, Roosevelt Colvin graduated from my high school. how he managed to go pro playing for such a shitty football team I do not know, we must have actually won games back then ). next week is gonna be Colts spirit week, we're decorating the school and everything. I'm pretty sure Friday no one will want to do anything, and attendance will likely be low the following Monday if the Colts win...some private schools have already officially cancelled school
Old 01-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #158
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

(ironically, Roosevelt Colvin graduated from my high school.
We are neighbors then!

Go Rockets!
Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Atomic Bono, I hope your school will close in celebration the day after!

I'm glad the people there are enjoying it, they should! It's been a long time coming and they deserve it!
Old 01-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:22 PM
I loved Colvin when he played for the Bears. I hated letting him go...

Off topic so I apologize. Do you guys enjoy Terry Bradshaw? Not as a player. I mean on Fox. Does he bug you as much as he bugs me? Just wondering.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

I want to acknowledge the LACK of trolling and trash talking by Bears fans on Colts boards. There was way too much of it before the Ravens and Patriots games by fans of those teams (then of course they all crawled off and hid after the games.) What few Bears fans I do see posting are very gracious, say they only want a good game and may the best team on that day win. Maybe it's because (from what I've seen) most Bear fans are also Cub fans, and know how it is to suffer with your team for so many years. They aren't assholes. (nor are the ones here)
Old 01-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #162
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I want to acknowledge the LACK of trolling and trash talking by Bears fans on Colts boards. There was way too much of it before the Ravens and Patriots games by fans of those teams (then of course they all crawled off and hid after the games.)
please... there are plenty of pat fans still posting daily, taking their licks and getting over it. and those pat fans will continue to post in this section of the forum year 'round.

you, however, completely disapeared from this section of the forum after the colts lost last year and only re-appeared at playoff time.

pot calling the kettle black, me thinks.

and no, this is not me picking on you. this is me offering a logical rebuttle to your statement.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

please... there are plenty of pat fans still posting daily, taking their licks and getting over it. and those pat fans will continue to post in this section of the forum year 'round.
I was talking about COLTS BOARDS, not even this site!

Quote:
you, however, completely disapeared from this section of the forum after the colts lost last year and only re-appeared at playoff time
I always leave when the season is over because I don't really care much about any sport besides football. I did pop in briefly for the NCAA tourney but chickened out and left. I have been afraid of some of you guys messing with me, I really don't like it. And the reason I only reappeared late in the season is because, if you hadn't noticed, I took a long hiatus from this board for several reasons other than football, there were 2 or 3 months there I didn't post AT ALL, not even in PLEBA, I wasn't only hiding from this place.

That is my logical rebuttal because it's true.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #164
Blue Crack Distributor

no, i didn't notice.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
no, i didn't notice.
Well you can ask the PLEBA bunch, they noticed.