NFL Superbowl thread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:24 PM
I'd feel badly if he lost. If the Bears win, it'll be an upset. The Colts defense is playing very well and if Peyton is Peyton, the Bears will have a long evening.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Hey, let's get ahead of ourselves! If the Colts win, they could have a dynasty. Peyton finally gets over the hump and finally gets a winner's mentality. With this all around confidence, he could take the Colts to the Promised Land a few more times.

And then there's the Bears.
There are some who theorize the Colts have to win this year cause it'll be their last shot.
They are screwed with the salary cap next season and have some big time defensive free agents including Freeney and June.
So I wouldn't declare them a dynasty just yet.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'd feel badly if he lost. If the Bears win, it'll be an upset. The Colts defense is playing very well and if Peyton is Peyton, the Bears will have a long evening.
The Colts D gave up 27 points to the Patriots, so I wouldn't say they are doing that great.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Maybe I'll be wrong, but I'm looking at it from a totally opposite view. I think if the Bear's D plays like it can, Peyton could be in for a very long evening.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:38 AM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I'm looking at it from a totally opposite view. I think if the Bear's D plays like it can, Peyton could be in for a very long evening.

agreed
Old 01-25-2007, 11:33 AM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I didn't say that the Colts defense was playing great. I said they were playing well. No one is going to mistake them for the 85 Bears or the 86 Giants. Considering most of the focus is on the Colts offense, the defense has been doing the job and then some. Bottom Line: They're in the Super Bowl.
Rex Grossman will have to play perfect football in order to bring another Championship to Chi-town.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

well people DO compare today's bears to the 85 bears and the 86 giants... even the 90 ravens. they are a good defense, but monsters of the midway they are not. urlacher's a hell of a player, but dick butkus he is not, even though he's made out to be just that. they are a very good defense... not a great, all time defense like many make them out to be.

the baltimore ravens put up better defensive numbers than the bears while playing in a vastly superior conference... and the colts beat them, on the road even.

all signs point to a blow out except for one... second half of the pat game aside, dungy and peyton have histories of choking in the big spot. if they did, indeed, slay that dragon with the comeback over new england, then i don't think chicago has a chance. meaning... if peyton throws for 300+ yards, 3+ TD's and 1 or fewer interceptions, which is your typical good peyton game, then i don't believe chicago has the offensive firepower to compete.

the one thing they do have going for them is hester... indy's kick return defense has been awful all year. so they would need a few big returns from hester, ala desmond howard a few years back. if it's a game going into the 4th, anything's possible. i just don't think it will be.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

It was the Ravens of 2000, not 1990. The Ravens were the Browns in 1990. I'm sure it was just a typo, though.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

2000... 1990... it's all a blur to me.

yes... i mean the '00 ravens.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the one thing they do have going for them is hester... indy's kick return defense has been awful all year. so they would need a few big returns from hester, ala desmond howard a few years back. if it's a game going into the 4th, anything's possible. i just don't think it will be.
This is a very good point, actually. The Patriots ran all over the Colts on special teams, and while they were consistent all year, they weren't like Chicago was.

Hester might indeed be the X factor in this game.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I hear ya. Just like me forgetting that the Ravens whipped the Giants in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:24 PM
I usually try to stay away from comparing a team to another team from the past. It's a different game right now anyway. I would never say Urlacher is Butkus. Or even Singletary for that matter. But he is incredible.

The thing with this defense that is so amazing is speed. Did you see Urlacher cover Reggie Bush in that game? I know, throw right back at me the 88 yard reception by Bush. But even then, did any of you think Urlacher just might catch him? I would have peed my pants.

Two things just keep popping into my head. 1. Peyton Manning has a lot of pressure on him. I'm not sure he'll get those 3 td's.
2. Rex doesn't need to play a perfect game. He needs to play a mistake free game, but not a over cautious game. He will have to go for some of those long balls. And definately need to hit(not overthrow) some crossing or out routes like we saw a little bit in the 2nd half of last game.

I think a huge part of this game in particular, will come down to field position. In that sense, you are absolutely right Headache in your special teams point. But also it means we cannot continue to go 1,2,3 and out b/c over time, that field position is going to creep forward little by little. And that's when Peyton will be most comfortable. And that is when he'll get those td's.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #148
Blue Crack Distributor

i just wanna add that in no way am i saying the bears have no chance... i've done that enough times to have it come back and bite me in the ass.

with 2 weeks of prep for chicago, 2 weeks of having people talk about peyton and not the bears D, 2 weeks of pressure building back up on dungy and pey pey's necks... anything can certainly happen. the 1990 bills were certainly better than the giants, and we know what happened there. (ironicly enough i do believe there was only one week between championship weekend and the super bowl)

if they played 20 times, i think the colts would go, eh, 15-5. but the're not playing 20 times. they're just playing once.

the colts ARE the better team. they SHOULD win. doesn't mean they will. i'd certainly have a chuckle if they were to lose.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:24 PM
I think this game will come down of who peyton plays and how the bears defense will react to it.

if rex just plays decent and the bears defence will be sharp and play their "A" game then I think it will be very hard on peyton to throw a great pass. Im very scared rex will do horrible, but if he plays just at a decent level then I will have good comfort.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
the 1990 bills were certainly better than the giants, and we know what happened there. (ironicly enough i do believe there was only one week between championship weekend and the super bowl)
You are correct, no bye week that year.

And this is a good comparison, this year's Super Bowl combatants do somewhat resemble the Super Bowl XXV combatants a bit.