NFL Season 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
96146949.jpg.5222.0_feature.jpg

not sure why philsfan has such a problem with mcnabb, he's a pro bowler

medium_donovan_mcnabb.JPG

look at those pearly whites. gotta love 'em, right pf?

not sure why philsfan has such a problem with mcnabb, he's a pro bowler

medium_donovan_mcnabb.JPG

look at those pearly whites. gotta love 'em, right pf?
He fell ass backwards into the Pro Bowl the same way the Eagles fall ass backwards into the playoffs year after year.

We Redskins fans appreciated Jim Zorn's efforts at turning a franchise a couple seasons from contention into a 4-12 disaster area (the worst record we've had in over 40 years), but now he's moved on to grimier pastures: Baltimore.

Ravens hire former Redskins coach Jim Zorn as quarterbacks coach - baltimoresun.com

The Ravens also poached Dean Pees (Patriots defensive coordinator) and made him their linebackers coach. What does John Harbaugh see in these guys?

ok... #1, the redskins haven't been a couple of seasons away from contention for a long, long time. i don't care if it was jim zorn, joe gibbs part duex or vince lombardi himself... as long as snyder is medeling around from the top, the redskins weren't and aren't going to win shit. same goes for mike shanahan... snyder is the dolan of football. he has good intent and a big wallet, but he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, and his team will suck as long as he continues to stay involved in day to day operations.

sure, they'll make the playoffs here and there. but it's the NFL... EVERYONE makes the playoffs from time to time. it's a creation of parity and schedules that get easier the worse your record. the good teams, the teams that are in contention year after year, are the teams that can sustain success by making tough decisions with high priced players and good draft picks to keep their team well stocked with assets. the redskins do neither of these things.

we all know full well that instead of filling the holes neccesary to take that playoff team to the next level, snyder will just fill one hole with the biggest free agent he can find and not address the remainder of the issues (on a side note, fred wilpon liked that theory of operation so much, he used it for the mets this offseason).

#2... zorn wasn't supposed to be the head coach. he was hired to be the offensive coordinator, and was only elevated to head coach after zorn realized that nobody else wanted the job.

ok... ESPN is now in the business of making up injuries. or rather making a normal injury sound worse than it is by using the scientific definition for the injury, thus making it sound bad.

A sprained ankle, also known as an ankle sprain, twisted ankle, rolled ankle, ankle injury or ankle ligament injury, is a common medical condition where one or more of the ligaments of the ankle is torn or partially torn. The anterior talofibular ligament is one of the most commonly involved ligaments. Sprains to the lateral aspect of the ankle account for 85% of ankle sprains.

so yes... dwight freeney has a torn ankle ligament. so does everyone else with a sprained ankle.

I think Snyder is learning and will take a step back from ops - firing Vinny Cerrato was a good first step.

ok... #1, the redskins haven't been a couple of seasons away from contention for a long, long time. i don't care if it was jim zorn, joe gibbs part duex or vince lombardi himself... as long as snyder is medeling around from the top, the redskins weren't and aren't going to win shit. same goes for mike shanahan... snyder is the dolan of football. he has good intent and a big wallet, but he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, and his team will suck as long as he continues to stay involved in day to day operations.

sure, they'll make the playoffs here and there. but it's the NFL... EVERYONE makes the playoffs from time to time. it's a creation of parity and schedules that get easier the worse your record. the good teams, the teams that are in contention year after year, are the teams that can sustain success by making tough decisions with high priced players and good draft picks to keep their team well stocked with assets. the redskins do neither of these things.

While your overarching point is dead on, I do think we had the pieces to be a solid franchise, and there were results. A playoff appearance in 2007, followed by a 6-2 start in 2008 hardly shows us to be the laughing stock we were during the Spurrier era. Gibbs left behind a unified team with a handful of high quality leaders that was beginning to fulfill its potential. Then, once some hardship swept through, the whole mess fell to pieces. Clinton Portis' bitchiness was handled poorly, and the team was at each other's throats. To me, the capacity to challenge some of the best franchises in the league (Broncos, Cowboys game 1, Eagles game 2, Saints) while falling to some of its worst (Lions, Chiefs) is an earmark of poor coaching and leadership, not a lack of talent.

Am I saying that Shanahan is going to fix a damn thing? Not immediately, but it's clear that we underachieved this season, particularly on defense. When you're missing half of your offensive line, as well as your star TE and RB when the offense was shit to begin with, mediocrity is expected. But after our offense couldn't even muster enough points to trump Dallas' 7 in week 11, the defense really seemed to roll over and die.

Anyway, Snyder sucks, but I'd like to think he's taking his hands off. He will no longer be participating in mid-week "lunches" wherein he was informed of offensive playcalling (a common practice with Zorn), and firing Cerrato shows he doesn't want the franchise run by his friends and yes-men.

While your overarching point is dead on, I do think we had the pieces to be a solid franchise, and there were results. A playoff appearance in 2007, followed by a 6-2 start in 2008 hardly shows us to be the laughing stock we were during the Spurrier era. Gibbs left behind a unified team with a handful of high quality leaders that was beginning to fulfill its potential. Then, once some hardship swept through, the whole mess fell to pieces. Clinton Portis' bitchiness was handled poorly, and the team was at each other's throats. To me, the capacity to challenge some of the best franchises in the league (Broncos, Cowboys game 1, Eagles game 2, Saints) while falling to some of its worst (Lions, Chiefs) is an earmark of poor coaching and leadership, not a lack of talent.

Am I saying that Shanahan is going to fix a damn thing? Not immediately, but it's clear that we underachieved this season, particularly on defense. When you're missing half of your offensive line, as well as your star TE and RB when the offense was shit to begin with, mediocrity is expected. But after our offense couldn't even muster enough points to trump Dallas' 7 in week 11, the defense really seemed to roll over and die.

Anyway, Snyder sucks, but I'd like to think he's taking his hands off. He will no longer be participating in mid-week "lunches" wherein he was informed of offensive playcalling (a common practice with Zorn), and firing Cerrato shows he doesn't want the franchise run by his friends and yes-men.

i'm not saying the redskins don't have talent. that's never been the issue. their problem is that they spend so much money on star players that they have nothing left over for depth. the #1 key to sustainable success in the NFL is the ability to manage the cap. dan "don't call me tom" snyder and jerry jones have shown zero ability to grasp this concept.

Back
Top Bottom