NFL Playoffs pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
OK...here's a playoff pool.
There are 12 playoff teams. You have to assign each team a value from 1 through 12, using each value only once. When a team wins, you get that many points. Of course when a team loses, you get nothing. This is tricky cause you hafta pick all 12 teams before the playoffs start. Essentially you want your SuperBowl winner to be your 12 team, but there is some strategy as teams playing wild card weekend potentially can play an extra game over bye teams if they reach the Super Bowl. Confused yet?

Anyway: the 12 teams in the playoffs are:
AFC: Patriots
Chiefs
Colts
Ravens
Titans
Broncos

NFC: Eagles
Rams
Panthers
Packers
Seahawks
Cowboys.

Tiebreaker will be total points scored in SuperBowl.

Hewson's selections:

Patriots: 12
Chiefs: 10
Colts: 4
Ravens: 3
Titans: 6
Broncos: 5
Eagles: 11
Rams: 9
Panthers: 7
Packers: 8
Seahawks: 1
Cowboys: 2

Tiebreaker: 46 points

AFC
colts over broncos
titans over ravens
titans over pats
chiefs over colts
chiefs over titans
NFC
panthers over cowboys
packers over seahawks
packers over eagles
rams over panthers
rams over packers
super bowl: the dick vermeil bowl
chiefs over rams

thus then...
12.chiefs
11.rams
10.titans
9.packers
8.colts
7.panthers
6.pats
5.eagles
4.ravens
3.broncos
2.cowboys
1.seahawks

tiebreaker: 64 points

this is too tricky for me, lets seeeee

broncos 12
packers 11
pats 10
eagles 9
rams 8
ravens 7
panthers 6
chiefs 5
titans 4
colts 3
cowboys 2
seattle 1

tiebreaker = 47 points

i spent my whole weekend on this in order to beat zoney

Last edited:
Patriots 12
Packers 11
Titans 10
Rams 9
Colts 8
Eagles 7
Chiefs 6
Cowboys 5
Panthers 4
Broncos 3
Seahawks 2
Ravens 1

edit: 46 points

broncos 12
packers 11
pats 10
eagles 9
rams 8
ravens 7
panthers 6
chiefs 5
titans 4
colts 3
cowboys 2
seattle 1

tiebreaker = 47 points

Chizip said:
u2me3 stole all my picks

even the tie breaker

damn stealer

this is true. came home from a night of drinking and copied and pasted your picks. thought it was funny at the time. was wondering when you would figure it out.

well the broncos just looked insanely stupid... marvin harrison makes a diving catch in between three defenders. the defenders argue with each other over who had coverage, forgetting that the player isn't downed until someone touches him... marvin gets up and runs for a touchdown.

the play ain't over till the whistle's dead... looks like headache's going to 4-0... BRILLIANT!

well now we are both screwed

i had broncos as big points

brilliant!!!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
great game out of matt hasselback... really only made one mistake... and it came on the last play in ot. he played favre even the whole way.

That was my "wild card" pick... I figured Hasselbeck could do it. Damn it all.

Headache is my daddy.
He works people over.

cujo: 24 points.

Standings after week 1:
Headache 34
StlEleveation 33
Pinball Wiz 28
Elvis p 25
Hewson 25
Chizip 24
U2Me3 24 (remarkably tied with Chizip)

Remeber its a marathon, not a sprint...leading after week 1 is not necessarily the goal, ideally, your 1,2,3,and 4 are now eliminated, and the last thing you want is to have the pathetic Broncos as your 12. (Mike Shanahan will never learn...lats time he rested his starters in week 17 after clinching a playoff spot, his team got pasted on wildcard weekend, results were more embarassing this year...he should be fired.)

Hewson said:
Remeber its a marathon, not a sprint...leading after week 1 is not necessarily the goal

that's just something people with 25 points after the first week say :wink:

Hewson said:
ideally, your 1,2,3,and 4 are now eliminated

12.chiefs
11.rams
10.titans -W
9.packers -W
8.colts -W
7.panthers -W
6.pats
5.eagles
4.ravens -L
3.broncos -L
2.cowboys -L
1.seahawks -L

:up:

Last edited:
Patriots 12
Packers 11 - W
Titans 10 - W
Rams 9
Colts 8 - W
Eagles 7
Chiefs 6
Cowboys 5 - L
Panthers 4 - W
Broncos 3 - L
Seahawks 2 - L
Ravens 1 - L

not bad... the Cowboys/Panthers game wont cost me much, at least i dont think it will

Headache in a Suitcase said:

6.pats
5.eagles
Now if the two topseeded teams win at home next weekend, you go quickly from the penthouse to the outhouse :wink:

Thats why we don't celebrate after wildcard weekend

i woulda doubted the colts too... but i just didn't like the broncos enough. ya can't choke ALL the time... unless you're the red sox :wink:

and i have confidence in mr. favre for one more magical ride before getting smacked by the rams in the nfc title game...
pats-titans was a tough one for me, especially with the game being @ gillette... but my main man air mcnair's gonna lead me to the promised land...

bring it

Air McNair and Eddie George are no doubt 2 of the toughest SOB's to ever play the game...but Tom "Cousin Oliver" Brady is the coolest QB under pressure since Joe Montana...Gonna be F'in cold (I mean real F'in cold) here Saturday night...big advantage for the home team, just ask the 'Phins and Jaggywars.

Pats will walk all over the Titans. Homefield, cold, rested.

They should wear their silver jerseys. They haven't even given up a point in the 2 games they've worn them.

steve mcnair ain't a pu:censored:y like those on the dolphins... the cold won't effect him as much... and rested can also mean rusted... doubt it with belichek, but ya never know...

the eagles-packers & pats-titans were very tough to call... so i just went with whatever team had the toughest s.o.b. on the field... steve mcnair and brett favre... titans & the packers... i could be wrong... probably will be... but i stand by my picks. and if i lose, i'll just pull a pete rose and claim i never made the bet for 12 years.

Back
Top Bottom