NFL Playoffs pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
The game would still be in Foxboro. remeber that the "Average" Patriots finished 14-2(and now on a 13 game winning streak) while the superior Colts were 12-4.

Yes, I should have thought of that. If they had beat the Pats, they'd both have been 13-3 and the Colts held the tie breaker :sigh:

But if they beat Jacksonville and one other game... or if the Pats lost one more..my brother has a system of 'ifs' and 'buts' to everything that I call the Steve Scoring System. Funny thing is, I've heard guys on TV doing the same thing! Must be the sign of a real analytical sports fanatic! :yes:

One more note on this, the Pats fans have been very annoying trolling the Colts message board, making up names and threads just to be assholes. If someone came here and did that to trash U2 they'd be banned. Some Colts fans suggested scrolling the Pats chat, but someone else told them, have more class. People just have to be jerks, thinking they're so cool trying to upset someone, and I hate people who think stuff like that is funny:down:

Oh and on gambling, I also want to add to Chizip, nobody ever thinks it's a stupid move while they're doing it or they wouldn't do it. Gambling or any other bad move. It's only later that you look back and go, oh, why....:scream:

thats when gambling is bad, when you think about the consequences afterwords. thats why i said you need to do it smartly and analyze everything before you go ahead. if you figure out what you would lose and the probability of losing it, then decide if you can afford to lose it, and if the profit is worth the risk. if you do that everytime you won't get into trouble. but i can see how it can become addicting and people do things irrationally, and that leads to trouble.

Cleo, I feel more than lucky.

The Patriots wont lose. We both know it, thats why we gave them 12 points. You now route against your pick, how does it feel?

please feel free to double-check my "fuzzy math"... i've been known to miscount in the past... but i believe this is correct.

your pre-super bowl rankings...

1.StlElevation-80
2.cujo-79
3.hewson-78
4.headache-73
5.EP-68
6.chiz (and u2me3 ironicly)-68
7.Zoney-0... he forgot to sign up

And on the line in the super bowl...

If the Patriots win...
-StlElevation wins with 92 points. The only change in the rankings would be Chiz passing EP by 1 point for 5th.

If the Panthers win...
-Hewson wins with 85 points. Stl & Cujo would each finish with 84 points, forcing a tie breaker for second. All other rankings would stay the same.

opening line... pats by 7

Last edited:
Thanks for doing the math Headache. Just got home from watching the games on a buddy's new Sony Wide Screen Hi-Def (am quite jealous).
Here's hoping I don't win this pool.
What was Manning's QB rating for this game anyway?
Guess Hunter the punter had been idle so long, the Colt's center forgot how tall he was (or wasn't).
The Eagles were manhandled by the Panthers...complete physical domination. If that team doesn't find a way to trade up for Larry Fitzgerald...talk about crap wideouts. Their window to reach the SuperBowl is closing fast.

damn the nfl for making me wait two weeks to hopefully be crowned champion. i just jinxed myself.

pats.

your future super bowl mvp...

xfl3.jpg

...and he lives in Connecticut...just because it is the "most taxed state in the U.S." doesn't make it Canadian.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom