NFL Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandSoul

The Fly
My Packers took a dump in the playoffs last nite :madspit: And they were doing so well earlier this season!! Too many injuries sure didn't help. . .

Colts also got slammed, which is my #2 fave NFL team. . .

So I don't have anybody to root for now, what do you all think? Jets are looking pretty darn good lately!

Cheeseheads Everywhere Have Teary Eyes

HeartlandSoul said:
My Packers took a dump in the playoffs last nite :madspit: And they were doing so well earlier this season!! Too many injuries sure didn't help. . .

That was a depressing game. :(

Bonochick said:

That was a depressing game. :(

Tell me about it :sad:

We still love you man!!! *gives entire Packers team a giant Lambeau-leap style hug*

I'm dressing in black at work tomorrow, where I have to face my arch nemesis, Mr. Vikings fan I-hate-Packers guy, who lynched my Packers stuffed frog one day while I was in a meeting, and whose reply to me was "But I didn't make any holes in it!" Bastard. :mad:

Well...no matter what...we can always count on one thing.

Brett Favre is hot. :drool:

*ignores the guys all groaning*

Bonochick said:
Well...no matter what...we can always count on one thing.

Brett Favre is hot. :drool:

*ignores the guys all groaning*

:lol: Woooo hooo!

He is most adorable wearing his helmet when you can just see his cute brown eyes peeking out :cute:

(Sorry guys, you get the cheerleaders and beer commercials!)

I couldn't believe the Colts gave up the way they did against the Jets. They aren't that bad of a team! I can't believe the Pack lost that bad at Lambeau. I can't believe the Steelers and 49ers came back from so far down! This is going to be an exciting year for the playoffs, it already is! Hey what about those games yesterday? I'm still blown away by those comebacks!

Desire4Bono said:
I couldn't believe the Colts gave up the way they did against the Jets. They aren't that bad of a team! I can't believe the Pack lost that bad at Lambeau. I can't believe the Steelers and 49ers came back from so far down! This is going to be an exciting year for the playoffs, it already is! Hey what about those games yesterday? I'm still blown away by those comebacks!

Yeah I watched the Giants/49ers first half, and I was like yeah the Giants are doing it. . .then :shocked:

The Jets are on fire, I tell ya! I would be scared of them.

Anybody besides me amazed that a punter (Matt Allen) nearly won the game for the Giants with a 30-yard throw downfield while running for his life?

(Granted, Allen probably should have hit the kicker in the back with the ball and stopped the clock, but still...)

The only time I recall anything like this happening was when Brown and Yale were playing in 1999. Brown scored with 14 seconds left to make the score 24-23. They lined up for the PAT to send the game into overtime. Yale blocked the kick, but a Brown player scooped up the ball behind the line of scrimmage and pitched it to another guy who ran it in for two. Brown up 25-24. On top of that, Brown was assessed two personal fouls for excessive celebration, so Yale was able to drive for a winning field goal, which they missed.

Also, does anybody besides me wonder why Kordell Stewart doesn't just give up and become a receiver? Could you imagine the Pittsburgh offense with Stewart, Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El and Plaxico Burress all as receivers?

Last edited:
I just want to thank the Packers for taking Terry Glenn from the PATS.

Peace

Desire4Bono said:
I couldn't believe the Colts gave up the way they did against the Jets. They aren't that bad of a team!
Yes they are. The Colts benefited more than any team from the realignment when Houston joined the NFL.
Last year they had 2 games with the Pats, Jets, Miami and Buffalo...this year 2 each with Tenn, Jacksonville and expansion Houston.
If the Colts were still in the AFC east, they'd have ended up 5-11, with a 1-7 divison record, beating only Buffalo in the dome.

speedracer said:
Anybody besides me amazed that a punter (Matt Allen) nearly won the game for the Giants with a 30-yard throw downfield while running for his life?

That, and the fact the NFL admitted the refs made an error in not calling pass interference - giving the Giants another shot at the field goal. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom