NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I knew that was coming. Be less predictable, NSW. For fuck's sake.

PFan, I gave up a long time ago trying to cure you of your pessimism, but, your Eagles earned their way in.

For me, between Terry Bradshaw and Roethlisberger, I had to endure (After passing on Dan Marino): Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Scott Campbell, Todd Blackledge, Rick Strom, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart, Steve Bono, Jim Miller, Tommy Maddox, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak and Kent Graham. (Charlie Batch gets a separate mention, as he's been a capable back-up for Ben prior to getting hurt, and Leftwich has been fine this season when needed.)

Hey, I think we had Kordell Stewart, Jim Miller and Mike Tomczack as well...
Here's my list:
Jim McMahon, Steve Fuller, Flutie Flakes, Tomczack, Peter Tom Willis, Eric Kramer, Steve Walsh, Dave Kreig, Rick Mirer,

deep breathe...

Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Cade Mcnown, Jim Miller, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Greise, Grossman and Orton.

I did have to look up a few of these, like Steve Fuller, Steve Stenstrom and Henry Burris, but the others I could remember.

The Redskins have had, like, 3 good quarterbacks in their entire history. It would take me an hour to list all of the fail that's occurred at that position over the past 75 years.

I knew that was coming. Be less predictable, NSW. For fuck's sake.

So you probably saw this coming:

collok.jpg

bcs.png

593192.jpg

warrenackbaret6.png

Awesome.jpg

250px-StIdes40.png

and of course every NFL team shares TV revenues evenly, thus then that would be no issue whatsoever.
:| Every NFL team would evenly share from a smaller pie. When matchups are regionally focused the national audience suffers. It's plausible that the west coast audience diminishes with no divisional teams to either root for or against.

We interrupt this NFC East pissing contest/crummy QB nostalgia thread to bring you the following announcement:

Remember to post your picks in the 86th annual Jim Mora NFL Playoffs??? pool. Entries must be submitted before kickoff of the Arizona-Atlanta game (4:30 pm Eastern on Saturday).

Most Dallas fans aren't Dallas fans, if you catch my drift.

Yeah, I mean the people who have no reason to be Dallas fans, sort of like the Yankees fans who aren't Yankees fans.

There are two guys at my school who root for Dallas. One guy, because he thinks he looks good in their uniforms, the other guy, "Because I was conceived in Texas." I wish I was making that up.

I don't know how much out of town fans play a factor into these games but having just come back from a 2 week visit home to Minnesota I can say this....it is miserable there right now in terms of cold. I went to see my family and friends but I was kicking myself the entire time for going back this time of year. Who in their right mind goes to Minnesota during the winter for a visit? If I had the money to go to another state to see my team in the playoffs I'd think twice about going to a place like MN. It barely cracked 10 degrees the entire 2 weeks I was there and snowed a good deal. Not to mention when it was above freezing for 2 days it rained and then created tons of ice. I'm not trying to make excuses for local fans that aren't going to the game; I'm just curious to know how many people from the visiting team aren't going to this particular game due to the weather that would have gone to the game if it was in a warmer state. I just read on the Star Tribune's website, the Twin Cities paper, that about 3,100 tickets out of 20,000 are left.

I don't know if it's the cold or that lack of appeal that Minneapolis has. When fans travel with the team, it's usually partly for the game and partly for vacation/tourism. Minneapolis sort of lacks the appeal that other cities would have. Temperature has something to do with it, I suppose, but New York or Boston's cold at this time of year, too, and I guarantee Philly fans would travel to those cities for a game. Hell, Phoenix couldn't sell out a playoff game, and it sure isn't cause of the weather.

I wouldn't say Minneapolis lacks appeal. It's not as big as the cities you mentioned but the Twin Cities is one cool (literally!) place. Afterall, we have the biggest shopping mall in all of America! They can shop and then go to the game!

I actually live in Phoenix and the weather is definitely gorgeous. People around here seem to be more into baseball and basketball than anything. They certainly have absolutely no interest in hockey. :tsk: I was at a Cardinals game a few weeks ago and the place felt empty so I don't think football is high on the sports list of priorities around here. I think a lot of people are on the bandwagon that wouldn't normally pay any attention to the games. That's certainly the case at my work.

Name appeal? I'd say it does. Whether rational or not, I don't think people in general think too highly of a Twin Cities vacation.

Name appeal? I'd say it does. Whether rational or not, I don't think people in general think too highly of a Twin Cities vacation.

I can see it now:

"This Winter, make it the Twin Cities! You'll never feel anything like it!"

It's really gonna suck for Twin fans when that new stadium gets built with no roof. I'm sure they'll be lining up around the block for a nice chilly April or September game. Imagine if they made it to October?

Anyway, back to football. The Jets should part ways with Favre and all those people who bought his jersey should be forced to wear them for the entire offseason.

Anyway, back to football. The Jets should part ways with Favre and all those people who bought his jersey should be forced to wear them for the entire offseason.

What are you gonna do with your custom made "FavrEli" shirt? Leave it in the closet with your JeteReyes shirt, your CarteRichardson shirt and your NaslunDiPietro shirt or wear it as penance?

I donated my Terrell Owens Eagles jersey to charity and have never bought a sports uniform since. The most you'll get out of me is a T-shirt.

I donated my Terrell Owens Eagles jersey to charity and have never bought a sports uniform since. The most you'll get out of me is a T-shirt.

Ha...i think everyone in the tri-state area owned that jersey at the time. I donated mine to the fire pit in my back yard personally.

Back
Top Bottom