NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. :up:

I still think Wade Phillips could get fired soon. I know what Jerry Jones said but that team is lost.

you are so right, and the truth is i kinda like Wade because he seems like a decent guy. But he needs to go, along with Garrett, Campo, and the rest of the coaches. They all need to go.

And i will say it again, the Jones family needs to get out of football operations peroid. It would be okay if they were just the owners, but the owner/GM is a conflict of interest, and Jerry's son is the VP of football operations, wtf?

I like what they are doing with building a new stadium and all, but seriously, let the coaches coach and let a real GM and VP handle the business shit. The owner needs not try to handle personnel and be a coach as well.

you are so right, and the truth is i kinda like Wade because he seems like a decent guy. But he needs to go, along with Garrett, Campo, and the rest of the coaches. They all need to go.

And i will say it again, the Jones family needs to get out of football operations peroid. It would be okay if they were just the owners, but the owner/GM is a conflict of interest, and Jerry's son is the VP of football operations, wtf?

I like what they are doing with building a new stadium and all, but seriously, let the coaches coach and let a real GM and VP handle the business shit. The owner needs not try to handle personnel and be a coach as well.

:up: The Cowboys are the Raiders with better talent in many ways.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wade Phillips in Dallas is very similar to Rich Kotite in Philly.

your great man, keep em coming :up:

cow-pie.gif

Firing Shanahan is a horrible knee-jerk move, in my opinion. Denver has an elite offense; the primary reason for their collapse was all the catastrophic injuries on the defensive side of the ball. They should be a decent team for the next 5 years or so. (Just watch as Bill Cowher swoops in, drafts a couple of defensive studs and has them on top of the division next year.)

If for some reason Bill Belichick retired tomorrow, I'd be thrilled to have Shanahan coaching New England.

Hahaha thats awesome man :up:

you Igles fans are great, im sure you guys will go really far in the playoffs. :lmao:

A month ago your season was a disaster, everyone wanted to run McNabb and Andy Reid out of town, and McNabb didn't even know there was a such a thing as a tie in the NFL! What a fucking idiot! He's about as dumb as a quarterback as ive ever seen. How many superbowl rings does Donovan have again? Oh thats right, he choked in the superbowl :sick: Hell the closest they have even been to the SB that i can remember is with T.O. on their roster, i guess that burns some fans that he's not there anymore. :wave:

Sure they could get a ring this year, but there is about as much chance of that happening as the Igles plane crashing down on the way to Minnesota.

Either way your guys are 9-6-1, the agony lives a week longer for you. Westbrook should have fun against that Vikings run defense. :)

Good stuff, Keep them coming :up::D

you Igles fans are great, im sure you guys will go really far in the playoffs. :lmao:

I'm sure the Cowboys will do well in the playoffs too. :up:

A month ago your season was a disaster, everyone wanted to run McNabb and Andy Reid out of town, and McNabb didn't even know there was a such a thing as a tie in the NFL! What a fucking idiot! He's about as dumb as a quarterback as ive ever seen.

CowgirlsSuck.jpg

How many superbowl rings does Donovan have again? Oh thats right, he choked in the superbowl :sick: Hell the closest they have even been to the SB that i can remember is with T.O. on their roster, i guess that burns some fans that he's not there anymore. :wave:

That "Donovan has no rings" argument might work if you were a Pats fan. As it stands, Tony Romo's your quarterback.

Sure they could get a ring this year, but there is about as much chance of that happening as the Igles plane crashing down on the way to Minnesota.

Still way more of a chance than the Cowbitches have. They certainly know a thing or two about crashing, don't they? :hmm:

A month ago your season was a disaster, everyone wanted to run McNabb and Andy Reid out of town, and McNabb didn't even know there was a such a thing as a tie in the NFL! What a fucking idiot! He's about as dumb as a quarterback as ive ever seen. How many superbowl rings does Donovan have again? Oh thats right, he choked in the superbowl :sick: Hell the closest they have even been to the SB that i can remember is with T.O. on their roster, i guess that burns some fans that he's not there anymore. :wave:

Either way your guys are 9-6-1, the agony lives a week longer for you. Westbrook should have fun against that Vikings run defense. :)

:happy:

jd.jpg

I'm sure the Cowboys will do well in the playoffs too. :up:

That "Donovan has no rings" argument might work if you were a Pats fan. As it stands, Tony Romo's your quarterback.

Still way more of a chance than the Cowbitches have. They certainly know a thing or two about crashing, don't they? :hmm:

I really don't know what your point is with all of this, have i done something to offend you personally?

Im well aware of the Cowboys recent woes, how long its been since they have won a playoff game, etc. I have watched every single Cowboy game for the last 5 years, 90 percent of every game in the last 10 years, probably 80 percent of ther game over the last 15 years, 70 percent over the last 20 years. Ive been alive to see them win 3 rings, that was fun for me. I realize that has nothing to do with anyone currently on the roster, not a big deal they still have 5 rings.

Romo is far from perfect, he is human, he knows how to shit his bed as you all seem to have nothing better to do than point out repeatedly :)

Yet he was great when he took over for Drew Bledsoe and he was great last year, sure he shit the bed in the playoff game in Seattle and the Giants Defense got to him (finally) in last years playoffs. He was pretty good the first four or five games this season until he was hurt, he has sucked badly every since. I am well aware of this. Why you think it is your destiny to point this out to me every 30 minutes or so i have no idea. Is this how you guys treat everyone here in the NFL forums?

FWIW im not a troll here trying to stir up trouble, im a genuine sports fan who played through school and in the military, and i love OU and Dallas.

How many superbowl rings does Donovan have again? Oh thats right, he choked vomited in the superbowl

Fixed it for you.

And for the record, I'm with you on everything you're saying. I just don't feel like getting involved with it.

Fixed it for you.

And for the record, I'm with you on everything you're saying. I just don't feel like getting involved with it.

i thank you for the correction :)

as bad as things are after this disasterous 9-7 season (lol) i stopped to think about all of the 6-10, 5-11 seasons i had to put up with. Do you remember Aikmans first season, they went 1-15. Do you realize how many truly bad teams we had this decade, how many horrible QB's we had? My god i cant even name them all. Ryan Leaf comes to mind, :| Anthony Wright, Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, and the shouldhavestayedretired Vinny Testaverde. I mean Vinny was good in his day, Bledsoe pretty good, but next to them Romo really doesnt look all that bad.

I dont blame you for not getting involved, there's some pretty immature people on these boards.

there's some pretty immature people on these boards.

YouTube - Alanis Morissette - Ironic

"I am just going to have a pretty relaxing week up here," said Manning, who quarterbacked the Giants to the NFC's top seed and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. "No plans to travel or do anything. My plans to Cabo fell through, so I am going to sit here. That is a joke, by the way."

If you have to tell people its a joke Eli, you need some work on your delivery.

Mayo = DROY :up:

Now if they can just find someone on the outside, plus a shutdown corner...

The one silver lining with the Patriots missing the playoffs is that it gives them even more time to analyze the draft and free agency. I have a feeling, even if Pioli leaves, that this year's draft will be a good one for New England.

I have a feeling, even if Pioli leaves, that this year's draft will be a good one for New England.

If only Matt Millen were still employed by the Lions, Belichick could get this year's #1 overall and next year's #1 for Cassell if Matt were still in charge.

If only Matt Millen were still employed by the Lions, Belichick could get this year's #1 overall and next year's #1 for Cassell if Matt were still in charge.

Detroit managed to secure a #1, #3, #6 and #7 from Dallas in exchange for Roy Williams...perhaps Belichick will be giving the Cowboys a call.

i thank you for the correction :)

as bad as things are after this disasterous 9-7 season (lol) i stopped to think about all of the 6-10, 5-11 seasons i had to put up with. Do you remember Aikmans first season, they went 1-15. Do you realize how many truly bad teams we had this decade, how many horrible QB's we had? My god i cant even name them all. Ryan Leaf comes to mind, :| Anthony Wright, Chad Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, and the shouldhavestayedretired Vinny Testaverde. I mean Vinny was good in his day, Bledsoe pretty good, but next to them Romo really doesnt look all that bad.

I dont blame you for not getting involved, there's some pretty immature people on these boards.

I'm not even going to try to list all the qb's my Bears have gone through in the last 10 years. Rick Mirer was my favorite.

First of all, I don't associate myself with Dave. :wink: He's a bit of an optimist, I'm a bit of a pessimist, and he revels in the failure of our opponents a little more than I do.

I'm not a McNabb fan, and I think he and Reid fucked up at the end of the Super Bowl, although I think the real loss occurred when the offensive line gave Westbrook nothing the entire game.

I think this team didn't deserve to make the playoffs and were let in through the backdoor. I don't think they earned it, and every time they won, they had some help (i.e.: Plaxico distractions in New York, Dallas' utter collapse at the end of the season).

I don't think the Eagles will win more than one game in the playoffs.

I also think, however, that Dallas is a very unlikable team, much more so than Philly. I absolutely despise Terrell Owens and love to see him pouting and whining and, most importantly, not succeeding. Pacman Jones is an absolute mess, Roy Williams' complaining is laughably pathetic, Romo's blame game at the end of the year is amusing, Jerry Jones is a dick. That's not the Philly fan in me, that's the sports fan in me.

Also, as far as the Eagles' future is concerned, I'm now of the opinion that McNabb should stay (and should really get in shape) and that Reid is the one who needs to go.

PFan, I gave up a long time ago trying to cure you of your pessimism, but, your Eagles earned their way in.

For me, between Terry Bradshaw and Roethlisberger, I had to endure (After passing on Dan Marino): Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Scott Campbell, Todd Blackledge, Rick Strom, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart, Steve Bono, Jim Miller, Tommy Maddox, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak and Kent Graham. (Charlie Batch gets a separate mention, as he's been a capable back-up for Ben prior to getting hurt, and Leftwich has been fine this season when needed.)

And that list is why any time anyone disparages Roethlisberger, I laugh my fucking ass off.

Back
Top Bottom