NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dammit.

Oh well, the Norvitis Sufferers of America can just find a way to fail in the wildcard instead.

we'll see.. they just may pull it off.. however they tend to choke in the games that really count.. :huh:

and i ain't no fan of norv turner that's for sure.. I am still ticked about marty leavin..

we'll see.. they just may pull it off.. however they tend to choke in the games that really count.. :huh:

and i ain't no fan of norv turner that's for sure.. I am still ticked about marty leavin..

You've got to admit, it is pretty funny that the 12-4 Colts have to travel across the country to play the 8-8 Chargers. This is proof of a flawed system.

There needs to be a change to the playoffs after this year; at least that a divisional winner doesn't automatically get a home game. Hopefully the absurdity of a 12-4 team going on the road to an 8-8 team helps spur change. (Why does a better record guarantee home field advantage except when it comes to the Wild Card?)

I don't know why I get such pleasure in seeing Chicago fall over.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Notice, I waited a good 10 hours before posting. I learned that it is not a good idea for me to post in this forum after my team loses. I tend to get mad at people who did nothing to me. Just ask WildHoneyAlways.

Regardless, it seems that any time we play a team with a good offense, especially a good WR like Andre Johnson, we are screwed. Orton needed to throw some completions there at the end of the game. Tough loss...average season. I hate that the Vikings are in the playoffs more than anything.

The time has come...who should I go for in the playoffs? Convince me....now.

It's either feast or famine with the Eagles. Considering Andy Reid is on the payroll, you can safely bet that it'll be famine for everyone on the team but him.
Opposing coaches like Wade Phillips and Brad Childress always help.
That game might set a new record for most timeouts burned by coaches while debating whether to make hopeless replay challenges.
Childress learned from the best.

Reid also likes to burn timeouts for reasons such as "shit, we had no idea we might be facing a third and 7 with 14 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, let's call a timeout."
It is amazing how certain coaches just have their shit together and some don't. And I hate to say this, but, Reid > Childress.
Which means nothing.
And while I'm excited that the Eagles eliminated the Cowboys, that team is going nowhere, especially with that coach. The grim reaper has them on his list, and whether it's in week one or week two doesn't really matter.
Indeed.

I still feel like it's a franchise going nowhere until Reid is gone, which is why this playoff appearance means little to me.

Falcons. A Super Bowl victory would stick in Michael Vick's craw. Plus, I enjoy these Cinderella stories.

Elsewhere, Giants and Eagles? Fuck them. Vikings and Cardinals are terrible. The Panthers are always decent, but never win the big game. Definitely go with the Falcons.

Falcons. A Super Bowl victory would stick in Michael Vick's craw. Plus, I enjoy these Cinderella stories.

Elsewhere, Giants and Eagles? Fuck them. Vikings and Cardinals are terrible. The Panthers are always decent, but never win the big game. Definitely go with the Falcons.

Ha, we had the same thought.

I like Matt Ryan, and he's a local guy, which is nice.

Ha, we had the same thought.

I like Matt Ryan, and he's a local guy, which is nice.

Yeah, I like Matt Ryan as well. There hasn't been a lot of melodrama surrounding him, he hasn't talked any trash, and he's pretty fun to watch. I'm excited for Atlanta. Hey, teams like that (along with the Patriots missing the playoffs, of course) give me hope for this league's future. Now, if only players could make a snow angel without worrying about $10,000 fines. Then we'd be getting somewhere.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Notice, I waited a good 10 hours before posting. I learned that it is not a good idea for me to post in this forum after my team loses. I tend to get mad at people who did nothing to me. Just ask WildHoneyAlways.

Regardless, it seems that any time we play a team with a good offense, especially a good WR like Andre Johnson, we are screwed. Orton needed to throw some completions there at the end of the game. Tough loss...average season. I hate that the Vikings are in the playoffs more than anything.

just stick with the NFC north :sexywink: and cheer on the Vikings!!!!

:uhoh:

Sorry for your loss Phil. I thought for sure I would be in your shoes today. :hug:

I don't have high hopes for the Vikes next week but I also never dreamed they would make the playoffs so ya never know......

Eagles win, Bears lose, Bucs lose, Eagles are in (I think the Bears match up poorly against the Texans and the Bucs will take the Raiders too lightly and be surprised).
Falcons win, Panthers win.
NFC
Byes:
Giants
Panthers
Eagles at Vikings
Falcons at Cards

Miami and NE both win but Miami's in. Baltimore beats a pitiful Jags team.

AFC
Byes:
Titans
Steelers
Ravens at Dolphins
Colts at Chargers

:whistle:

apjp1h.gif

If I had put $5 down on a Pro-Line ticket this morning before work, I would now be $800 richer. :slant:

The Canadian Army could have used that money to buy a gun, or a fuckload of poutine. What were you thinking, Private?

I'm more pleased that Dallas lost than I am that Philly won.

I just cannot get all that excited about this team. It feels like a vast underachievement to have snuck in the playoffs like this. I don't think they can hold it together for more than maybe one win.

I still feel like it's a franchise going nowhere until Reid is gone, which is why this playoff appearance means little to me.

For fuck's sakes. :doh:

You said the exact same thing before the MLB playoffs. Repeatedly.

This was a fantastic game and the team has some momentum going into the playoffs. Can't you leave the negativity aside for one damn day? I'm not questioning your fan cred, but for the love of god, it's getting to be a bit much, Dan. There have been some shitty moments this season and some times where I lost faith, but when the entire season was on the line, and when the job needed to be done and just one good win was necessary the Eagles went out and put a thumping on the Cowboys in the clutch. EVERYBODY did a great job today, the defense, the receivers, Donovan, and yes, even Andy Reid. This team is fucking good when everyone focuses on their job and does the little things. Appreciate it for once, please, instead of being so damn pessimistic every single friggin' time. You suggest someone root for the fucking Falcons. You've given up before they even played a single snap in the playoffs. Nothing personal man, you know I like you, but it's a fucking immature attitude, if you'll excuse my saying so.

I know this will do absolutely nothing to change your outlook anyways, so it was probably a waste of time to write that out. But it's something I've been wanting to say for a while.

Stranger things have happened (Matt Stairs?). Go Eagles. :up:

This was a fantastic game and the team has some momentum going into the playoffs. Can't you leave the negativity aside for one damn day? I'm not questioning your fan cred, but for the love of god, it's getting to be a bit much, Dan. There have been some shitty moments this season and some times where I lost faith, but when the entire season was on the line, and when the job needed to be done and just one good win was necessary the Eagles went out and put a thumping on the Cowboys in the clutch. EVERYBODY did a great job today, the defense, the receivers, Donovan, and yes, even Andy Reid. This team is fucking good when everyone focuses on their job and does the little things. Appreciate it for once, please, instead of being so damn pessimistic every single friggin' time. You suggest someone root for the fucking Falcons. You've given up before they even played a single snap in the playoffs. Nothing personal man, you know I like you, but it's a fucking immature attitude, if you'll excuse my saying so.

I know this will do absolutely nothing to change your outlook anyways, so it was probably a waste of time to write that out. But it's something I've been wanting to say for a while.

:up: I've got a good feeling about Philadelphia, I think they're going far this year.

You've got to admit, it is pretty funny that the 12-4 Colts have to travel across the country to play the 8-8 Chargers. This is proof of a flawed system.

Much like your favorite 11-5 team sitting home while an 8-8 team and a 9-7 team host playoff games.

Thats what happens when you pin your playoff hopes on a Pro Bowl QB and Genius coach being able to beat a team that was 1-15 last year.

No offense, but I'm going to find it very amusing if the Eagles end up winning the whole thing.

And at this point, I don't count anybody out, although I'm predicting that we're going to have the Manning Bowl this year.

My dad's so excited about the Dolphins. He's been a die hard for a couple of decades and it's good to see them actually be relevant again.

Dear Lord.

This is completely different than my attitude towards the Phillies. I was skeptical of how far they'd go, but I liked that team. I thought that they gelled, I thought that they had players who were fun to watch, players who gave it their all. While I think Manuel is a shaky in-game manager, I think it's quite clear he's a very inspiring coach.

I see none of that in this Eagles team. I see a quarterback who's unintelligent, lazy, often times extremely immature. I see a stubborn coach who refuses to change his stance despite a changing league, a coach who's ill-prepared every single game. I see a coach that allows a very talented team (a point with which I imagine you would agree) and vastly underachieving with them. I see players bitching about contracts and playing time when they're getting what they deserve.

The Phillies inspired my excitement. While I came off more skeptical here, if you'd talk to me in real life I was quite excited. I probably used this board for my doubts more than anything. That team, though, they had something, they had a spark.

The 2001 Eagles that lost to St. Louis were a team that I had some doubts about but excited me. I liked that team.

This team? I just find a lot of it hard to like. I find it hard to place a lot of confidence in them defeating more than one team, when they're so inconsistent.

I know I come off as more pessimistic than you, but you've only been a Philly fan for four years, during which time you've seen a lot of success. During which time you haven't been in Philly. During which time a lot of the context of being a Philly fan, hearing all the stories from the past, watching all the old videos, seeing and hearing the problems of the past, and then watching them unfold similarly in the future.

The Phillies were the first championship I saw, and I loved it. I can't wait for the next time. But my problem with this Eagles team is that Andy Reid isn't going to bring a championship to Philadelphia. Not when a team this talented sneaks into the playoffs as a six seed mostly courtesy of the failures of other teams.

No offense, but I'm going to find it very amusing if the Eagles end up winning the whole thing.

And at this point, I don't count anybody out, although I'm predicting that we're going to have the Manning Bowl this year.

I'm not saying I'm not rooting for them, I'm just saying my expectations are below zero. They could beat Minnesota, but I can't see them doing anything after that.

A Manning Bowl is not a bad prediction.

NSW doubleheader on 1/11. Giants at 1pmET, Steelers at 4:45pm ET.

A few years ago, this exact thing happened, both played on the same day in the playoffs, except the Steelers played first. I forget the exact score, but the Steelers fell way behind the Browns, and rallied to win the game late, it was insane. Then, the Giants took a huge lead on the 49'ers, and, well......you might remember the rest. Fucking TO. :(

To close the book on the 2008 Patriots

Just a few quotes from back on Sept 8th as we discussed the Brady injury:

Sure, the Patriots won't get to the Super Bowl this year (hell, they may not win the AFC East now), but with the schedule they have, I wouldn't be surprised if they still win 10 games.

Looking at thier schedule I see eleven losses.

Enlighten us...I see maybe 7.

NYJ x2
Buffalo x2
SD
Denver
IND
PIT
SEA
OAK
ARI

That Oakland game could be very brutal with Justin Fargas and Darren McFadden

Patriots are still a 10-6 team.