NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any know where to find who is up for free agency this year? There must be some magical Internet website.

I see Cleveland fans have created a don't draft Brady Quinn site!

zoney! said:
any know where to find who is up for free agency this year? There must be some magical Internet website.

I see Cleveland fans have created a don't draft Brady Quinn site!

realgm.com has every single contract detail for every player in the NBA... i know they have an NFL section, too... maybe they have the same stuff.

One player is not the answer for the Browns.

If they get the third pick they should deal it to the Bears for picks and players. Then the Bears could draft Quinn and the Browns could get more picks and a solid player or two.

AtomicBono said:
what about the pro bowl guys? doesnt everyone just love the pro bowl?

Bill Belichick is very psyched up for the Pro Bowl. He even said so himself on his radio show.

If the Bears want to upgrade at QB, they could acquire someone like, say, Brian Griese or Kyle Orton.

Projected 2007 Salary Cap Figures, if anyone cares

1 San Francisco 49ers $42.1 M under the cap

2 Buffalo Bills $39.7 M

3 Arizona Cardinals $36.7 M

4 Tennessee Titans $36 M

5 Cleveland Browns $33.305 M

6 St. Louis Rams $31.98 M

7 Minnesota Vikings $31.5 M

8 Jacksonville Jaguars $31 M

9 Cincinnati Bengals $28.8 M

10 NY Jets $28.455 M

11 Green Bay Packers $28.36 M

12 New England Patriots $26.98 M

13 Chicago Bears $26.9 M

14 New Orleans Saints $26 M

15 San Diego Chargers $24.6 M

16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers $23.985 M

17 Detroit Lions $23.8 M

18 Seattle Seahawks $21.9 M

19 Dallas Cowboys $21.5 M

20 Houston Texans $19.8 M

21 Miami Dolphins $17.8 M

22 NY Giants $15.7 M

23 Oakland Raiders $14.105 M

24 Philadelphia Eagles $12.4 M

25 Atlanta Falcons $11.5 M

26 Denver Broncos $7.6 M

27 Kansas City Chiefs $7 M

28 Baltimore Ravens $5.7 M

29 Indianapolis Colts $4.9 M

30 Pittsburgh Steelers $1.44 M

31 Carolina Panthers $-3.1

32 Washington Redskins $-2.388 M

speedracer said:
If the Bears want to upgrade at QB, they could acquire someone like, say, Brian Griese or Kyle Orton.

There was a time when Drew Brees' name was an option. Wait...that was before this past year. Pff, we surely didn't need him.

And can the Pats put the Franchise tag on Asante?

Got Philk? said:
And can the Pats put the Franchise tag on Asante?

They can, but I don't think that Asante would take too kindly to it. The Pats really need to keep him, one way or the other.

Does anyone think that Grossman will get better with experience? This was the first time he's played more than a couple of games in a season. Injuries really have set him back.

I don't know what to think. He throws a great deep pass, and his accuracy seems to go up and down each week.

I just wonder how he's going to do mentally after the game. It's probably tough being called the worst Super Bowl QB ever over and over and over.

I'm not a Bears fan, but I do feel for the guy a little.

phanan said:
Projected 2007 Salary Cap Figures, if anyone cares

1 San Francisco 49ers $42.1 M under the cap

See this is what I was telling you about Denise DeBartolo York. She robbed the team from her desperate brother Eddie, and she destroyed a fine organization.She looks at it as a business, profit for herself, and you can see they haven't spent much on the players, dead last. And their records show it. Eddie paid, he kept the players happy, and he won five Super Bowls in 13 years (to no losses) which will never be surpassed. You cannot argue with how he ran the team. His sister sucks and she made the team suck :down:

Eddie's free spending ways got the team a super bowl, but Eddie ruined that team with his free spending. The organization was screwed for cap room. Throw in his pending legal troubles, and the 49ers were a sinking ship. His sister bailed the team out.

Denise had nothing to do with the horrible Drafts that have taken place from 96 - till Nolan. Anyone remember the heir apparent to Steve Young....Jim Drunkenmiller!!!!!!

Denise may not really care that much about the product on the field, but she has righted the ship. The 49ers have a great cast of coaches, some very good young talent on both sides of the ball, and may be able to get some help on the FA market.

The days of getting the "hired guns" is over. This is a different club, and hopefully it can return to glory. I have hope for next years team, and with it being the NFC, anything can happen.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

See this is what I was telling you about Denise DeBartolo York. She robbed the team from her desperate brother Eddie, and she destroyed a fine organization.She looks at it as a business, profit for herself, and you can see they haven't spent much on the players, dead last. And their records show it. Eddie paid, he kept the players happy, and he won five Super Bowls in 13 years (to no losses) which will never be surpassed. You cannot argue with how he ran the team. His sister sucks and she made the team suck :down:

Without going back hasn't Headache or Hewson pointed out that the 49ers were killed by the contracts that were given out under DeBartolo during the salary cap era? It took years for the 49ers to recover. The team is in a position to spend money again - see if they do before you say it's the owner's fault.

BEAL said:

I don't know what to think. He throws a great deep pass, and his accuracy seems to go up and down each week.

So basically they have a poor man's Drew Bledsoe. I think the Bears should think long and hard about upgrading at the QB position.

Eddie's free spending ways got the team a super bowl, but Eddie ruined that team with his free spending. The organization was screwed for cap room.

They didn't win the first four with 'hired guns.' The ones they had in '94 weren't that highly paid, Ricky Jackson was making league minimum with a million dollar bonus if they won the Super Bowl. I've always said give every player in the NFL a contract like that and see the level of competition go way up;) Anyway, they only needed a little boost to get past the demon that was the Smellboys, and they did it. They already had a solid team and a solid organization that had been great for a dozen years. It's no comparison to Daniel Snyder thinking he can buy a team (and failing badly)

Throw in his pending legal troubles, and the 49ers were a sinking ship. His sister bailed the team out.

She didn't bail them out, she backstabbed her own brother! Eddie was a player's owner, and that's why they were so successful. He lost the team due to his sad mistakes in judgement, trusted his sister to keep it for him until he was out of hot water, then backstabbed him (signed it over to her temporarily and she refused to give it back) The team has a long way to go to come near the glory that was once theirs for so long. She needs to care more about winning, at least for the reason that the more you win, the more money you make. (if that's all she cares about)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom