NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrPryck2U said:
Michael Irvin should be in the Hall of Fame, Kitty. We all know about you hating the Cowboys, so it's no surprise you don't like Irvin. As for Art Monk, maybe his day will come.

I do hate them, but I don't object to Aikmen or Emmitt "The Thing" Smith being in. Irvin is another story.

No, he shouldn't. He was an asshole. He pushed off on almost every play and taunted other players openly before it became a penalty. He filmed 15 year old girls nude and held guns on them. He was a drug addict. Doesn't CHARACTER count? If it doesn't, leave Pacman right where he is.

Baseball won't let Pete Rose or Maguire into their hall no matter how awesome their numbers were, because they did bad things. Just like Michale Irvin.

And Monk isn't getting in next year, either. A guy who knows the hall voters told Inside the NFL Cris Carter is next year's shoe in WR. At least he's a nice guy.

It will be interesting to see if they snub TO and Randy Moss because of their behavior even if they retire with high numbers. Double standard?

Last edited:
Seems odd how you can have such a hatred for Irvin, yet not have the same passion towards PacMan.

I guess if PacMan continues to play, and has a HOF career, he shouldn't be let in because of his (multiply it out over his career) 48 off field arrests / police incidents.

U2Kitten said:

I do hate them, but I don't object to Aikmen or Emmitt "The Thing" Smith being in. Irvin is another story.

No, he shouldn't. He was an asshole. He pushed off on almost every play and taunted other players openly before it became a penalty. He filmed 15 year old girls nude and held guns on them. He was a drug addict. Doesn't CHARACTER count? If it doesn't, leave Pacman right where he is.

Baseball won't let Pete Rose or Maguire into their hall no matter how awesome their numbers were, because they did bad things. Just like Michale Irvin.

And Monk isn't getting in next year, either. A guy who knows the hall voters told Inside the NFL Cris Carter is next year's shoe in WR. At least he's a nice guy.

It will be interesting to see if they snub TO and Randy Moss because of their behavior even if they retire with high numbers. Double standard?
Irvin's numbers and 3 Super Bowl rings make him HOF worthy.
His off field antics clearly delayed his entry by 2 years.
McGwire will probably get into the baseball HOF, just not immediately because of his suspected steroid use.
Pete Rose is a completely different story...the man bet on baseball while managing a MLB team...doesn't get too much more egregious than that as far as compromising the integrity of your sport.
Just becasue you tem Irvin an "asshole", that doesn't preclude him from HOF consideration. If it did, the baseball's very first HOF inductee and one of the all time greatest players Ty Cobb would not be in the baseball HOF.

Art Monk desrves to be in, and will be soon.
And lets not forget Cris Carter was not always such an angel:

Carter later admitted that Ryan released him because of alcohol and drug abuse

Last edited:
Found this about Irvin and the whole "Teen Nudes"

from Wikipedia:

"Irvin sustained further damage to his reputation when controversy reared its head again as the Cowboys played the Carolina Panthers for their NFC Divisional Playoff game. Media reports stated that Irvin and teammate Erik Williams had sexually assaulted a woman and, with a gun to her head, videotaped the interaction. Despite Williams' and Irvin's denials of the allegations, the story overshadowed the game, which the Cowboys lost. The accuser was later proven to have fabricated the entire incident. She recanted her story and pled guilty to perjury, but for Irvin, the damage had already been done."

He was convicted of cocain possesion in '96, put on 4 years of probation, community service, and suspended for 5 games. He never failed a drug test in the NFL. Other than being a "asshole" Irvin made a mistake, but was a hell of a player and key part to the Cowboys winning 3 SBs.

I think you need to at least research the facts a little bit before spouting off. I'm a 49ers fan, and I hate the Cowboys, but they were damn good, and completely destroyed my fav team for a few years. That's still not enough for me to completely shit on them.

Last edited:
McGwire will probably get into the baseball HOF, just not immediately because of his suspected steroid use.

Well IMMEDIATELY is the issue. I say let Irvin in after letting him wait 5-10 years to sort of 'wander in the desert for his sins'. But taking a classless ass like that on the first ballot is a disgrace. Think how long it took Lynn Swann to get in, what, 15 years? And I bet they shun TO and Moss for their behavior. Wait and see.

Seems odd how you can have such a hatred for Irvin, yet not have the same passion towards PacMan

I've never seen Pacman do anything shitty to anyone during a game. It's all off field. Same with Pete Rose.

I've seen that jackass Irvin taunt people and thumb balls in their faces. I bet the taunting rule is mostly because of him. I think they also ammended the pass interference rules because of him. I wonder how many passes he'd have caught if he played a clean game. Do you really think someone's great for winning that way?

And about the 'fabricated' story, I have heard he paid her off to shut her up and save his career. There was also a story of an Amish girl who was raped by her family, and swore in court she had made it up. Later, she ran away from the Amish and told 60 Minutes her brothers did rape her but she backed down due to threats from the community. It happens.

I am not the only person who thinks it's a disgrace he made it in on the first ballot when so many others didn't. I have seen it disussed on other sports shows and message boards.

Last edited:
TO and Randy Moss couldn't hold Michael Irvin's jock.

here's the difference... Michael Irvin's off the field antics caused problems for Michael Irvin. TO's off the feild antics cause problems for his team. Michael Irvin was beloved by his teammates.

And you really need to stop with the holding the gun to girls heads story... this is the second time you've used it in your rants against "smellyboy" Irvin, and the second time you've been told that the accusers admitted to making the entire story up and were sent to prison on perjury charges.

U2Kitten said:
And about the 'fabricated' story, I have heard he paid her off to shut her up and save his career. There was also a story of an Amish girl who was raped by her family, and swore in court she had made it up. Later, she ran away from the Amish and told 60 Minutes her brothers did rape her but she backed down due to threats from the community. It happens.

and what sources did you hear this from, dr. clouseau? did you share your invented retractable roof stadium idea with the same people?

what in the bluest of blue hells does an amish family have to do with michael irvin???

the girl who brought the story up against michael irvin was charged with PERJURY. She WENT TO JAIL.

Wow, this really gets no where with you. He wasn't convicted, case was dropped, and she was charged with perjury. Irvin wasn't inducted his first try. McGuire will probably take a few more times before he's let in.

Your hatred for Irvin is astounding. I actually think he was pretty tame compared to some of the players now. PacMan has done his fair share of end zone dancing and showboating.

U2Kitten said:

Well IMMEDIATELY is the issue. I say let Irvin in after letting him wait 5-10 years to sort of 'wander in the desert for his sins'. But taking a classless ass like that on the first ballot is a disgrace.

If you read my post thoroughly you'd see Irvin did not get in on the first ballot:

Also from wikipedia:

Irvin became eligible for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2005. He was not selected, however, in 2005 or 2006, his first two years of eligibility. On February 3, 2007, his third year of eligibility, Irvin was finally elected as one of the class of 2007 enshrinees, alongside Thurman Thomas, Bruce Matthews, Roger Wehrli, Charlie Sanders, and Gene Hickerson. Irvin will formally be inducted into the Hall of Fame during induction ceremonies on August 4, 2007 in Canton, Ohio.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

I've never seen Pacman do anything shitty to anyone during a game. It's all off field. Same with Pete Rose.

Did you watch the Titans game against the Pats this year?
I did.
Pac Man was doing some quality taunting while returning a punt for a TD.

U2Kitten said:
It's all off field. Same with Pete Rose.

Rose began gambling early in his career with the Reds. By the 1980s, Rose was gambling heavily on several sports, and by most accounts lost large sums. Amid reports that Rose had bet on baseball, he was questioned in February 1989 by outgoing commissioner Peter Ueberroth and his replacement, Bart Giamatti. Three days later, lawyer John Dowd was retained to investigate charges against Rose. A March 21, 1989, Sports Illustrated article tied him to baseball gambling.

The Dowd Report asserted that Rose bet on 52 Reds games in 1987, at a minimum of $10,000 a day. On August 24, 1989, he voluntarily accepted a permanent place on baseball’s ineligible list.

betting on the team that you are managing is most certainly an "on the field" offense, and of the highest order. it is the cardinal sin in all of professional sports.

Kitty, I think in this case, you're hatred for the Cowboys has blinded you of the facts about Michael Irvin. I think the last several posts have shown that.
Pete Rose was an MLB manager who bet on baseball. Does it get any worse? Plus, ask Ray Fosse and Bud Harrelson if he was a nice guy on the field?

Peyton Manning will be hosting Saturday Night Live coming up in the next few weeks!

Let's see how he compares to Tom Brady in this venue! ;)

As for the plastic trash bag, Moss said the club ran out of one-dollar bills so Jones sent someone to make change with the strippers. The person who returned with the change, brought it in the plastic bag.

Music producer Jermaine Dupri arranged for 40 strippers to gather on stage so the patrons like Jones and rapper Nelly could shower them with dollar bills in a practice termed "making it rain," she said.

faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

make it rain on these bitches.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
based on his commercials, i would have to imagine peyton will be better than brady at the SNL hosting.

I don't know Brady's House of Falafel and his PSA on workplace sexual harassment will go down as a few of my all time SNL favorites!!

Story on SI.com about PacMan and his troubles in Georgia. What a douche this guy is.

I remember when he was drafted, and they had cameras at his house or wherever he was staying, it seriously looked like Little Jon (WHAT???) had just been drafted by the Titans.

I wonder what Jeff Fisher and other mgmt thought when they saw that picture on their TV screens....

Maybe Jeff let out a "YEAH!!!!!!!!"

ljclary said:

I don't know Brady's House of Falafel and his PSA on workplace sexual harassment will go down as a few of my all time SNL favorites!!

have you watched the show pre-2002?

I'm just curious.

LemonMacPhisto said:

have you watched the show pre-2002?

I'm just curious.

ummm yes. I think I had really low expectations when Brady was on and was pleasantly surprised and really thought it was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom