NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty canned? :huh: The whole loss was hardly all the coach's fault! Boy ain't that the thanks you get for a 14-2 season. Do they honestly think anyone else is going to do any better that fast? I am sorry for Charger fans tonight.

The owner said that part of the reason he fired Marty was because the coaching staff changed.

:shocked: Assistant coaches would leave to become head coaches?! :rolleyes: You got to love that brilliant Chargers ownership. *Searches for picture of Ryan Leaf*

With no coach or offensive and defensive coordinators this late in the game, the Chargers might miss the playoffs. :huh:

With all the talent they have, I don't think the Chargers are going to slide back into mediocrity. But yeah, unless they already have Bill Cowher or whoever else lined up as their new coach, the Chargers front office completely bungled this one.

Bill Cowher is not going to go coach a West Coast team. Bill is going to wait 2 years, then take over as the new coach of the Browns, and break my fucking heart.

The Schottenheimer firing is curious at best.
He's given an extension offer, which he turns down (bet he regrets that now, cost himself a few million in severance pay)...then a month later he's fired...well at least they can promote one of their coordinators...oh wait thats right during that month both your coordinators took head coaching jobs elsewhere, plus 2 top assistants took coordinator jobs elsewhere.

Methinks as poor a playoff coach as Schottsie is, Spanos may be putting too much stock in GM A.J. "we don't need no stinkin' Drew Brees" Smith.

I wonder if Vegas still has the stay classy San Diego Chargers as favorites to win Super Bowl 42.

They look like a joke of an organization right now.

The Chargers fired Marty because he clashed with the GM. The Chargers won't even make the playoffs next year. Remember, the better a team does, the harder their schedule will be the next year. Plus, bringing in a new coach and learning a new system ain't easy.

As much as I think the Chargers will be hard-pressed to advance further than they did this past season, it's a stretch to say they won't even make the playoffs. Granted, anything can happen, but they still got tons of talent.

i wouldn't be shocked if the chargers didn't make the playoffs even if marty stayed... their schedule next year will be brutal after a 14-2 record...

then again, i won't be shocked if they win their division again with whatever retread they pick up off the street... tomlinson is that good.

welcome to the NFL in the cap era... where a few changes can be the difference between the super bowl or a top 5 pick.

We, the Chargers fans, are screwed. :mad: Dean Spanos is a Mor-an. If you are going to fire the head coach, how about doing it BEFORE the offensive and defensive cordinators bolt? (no pun intended) and before all the other teams in the league have hired the good, available head coaches? :banghead: How can a team possibly pull it all together with an entriely new coaching staff? I don't think its ever been done in the history of the NFL, and I'm sure it won't be done this time, no matter how talented the players.

I know it is popular to bash the Chargers on this board, but this time, I gotta agree. I'll gladly bend over to receive the punishment on this one, because it is well deserved. The Chargers owners win the prize for Tard move of the year. How can it possibly get worse?? (no replies to that last question please, I am sure you can think of lots of ways of torturing me with more bonehead moves the Chargers can make:wink: )

Hewson said:
They could trade Tomlinson for the rights to re-sign Ryan Leaf. :wink:

Honestly, this move is making the Ryan Leaf debacle look genuis.:scream: (Never thought I would have say something the Chargers did was worse than Ryan Leaf :banghead: )

Firing Marty is NOT worse than the Ryan Leaf debacle. Leaf's time in SD was a disgrace and Leaf has stated so himself. I think he's actually coaching HS football somewhere. HBO Real Sports had a piece on him recently.
Anyway, I guess SD felt the GM and Marty couldn't along enough so they axed Marty. Shit happens.

MrPryck2U said:

Anyway, I guess SD felt the GM and Marty couldn't along enough so they axed Marty. Shit happens.

Yeah, shit happens, but this kind of shit is ridiculous. Marty and AJ have never gotten along, its no secret that AJ has wanted him canned for years. I don't really question the actual firing of Marty, as I thought it was a done deal after the playoffs (although I personally didn't think he should be fired). The ridiculous part of this is the timing, not the actual firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom