NFL Draft Thread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #466
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:13 AM
Looking at the Colts schedule, it's definitely not as difficult as the Patriots, but you always have to factor in division games. They just seem to be tougher. For the Patriots, while they are clearly superior to the Jets and Dolphins, those teams always play them well, and in fact split the season last year. The same could be said for the Colts - the Titans and Jags always play them tough as well, and it's certainly not out of the question that they split their season series, just like they did last year.

So I think 14-2, while definitely a possibility, is probably unlikely. Same for the Patriots. 12-4 sounds more realistic.

As for MNF, yes, the schedule could have been better. I'm very surprised the Pats-Colts game isn't in primetime. It only gets the best ratings of all games each year.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Looking at the Colts schedule, it's definitely not as difficult as the Patriots, but you always have to factor in division games. They just seem to be tougher. For the Patriots, while they are clearly superior to the Jets and Dolphins, those teams always play them well, and in fact split the season last year. The same could be said for the Colts - the Titans and Jags always play them tough as well, and it's certainly not out of the question that they split their season series, just like they did last year.

Normally, I'd agree but I think the Colts and Patriots won't lose more than one division game at worst. Every other team in those divisions somehow became even worse. The Jags and Jets are always a challenge but with a QB controversy in Jacksonville and the way the Jets played in the playoffs, I don't either team has an upset in them. The Texans, Bills and Dolphins got worse in the off-season and I think Vince Young's Titans are overrated. Time will tell, I guess.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 AM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Looking at the schedule the Colts look like they could go 14-2. The only games I'd be worried about are New England, Baltimore and at San Diego. The schedule really suggests an easy road back to the Super Bowl for the Colts.

On a different note, anyone else think that the Monday Night schedule for the most part really sucks?
The Colts schedule may get them their division title with relative ease, but that won't necessarily get them back to the Super Bowl. If the team improved from last year you assume they are the favorites, but thus far they have been losing players, the only positive move was retaining Freeney, while some of their competitors in the AFC (read that Patriots) have added several key players.

As for Monday Night, its not the marquee game of the week it was when on ABC, that distinction is now the NBC Sunday night game, MNF on ESPN is essentially like the Sunday night games of 2 years ago and prior on ESPN.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
The Colts schedule may get them their division title with relative ease, but that won't necessarily get them back to the Super Bowl. If the team improved from last year you assume they are the favorites, but thus far they have been losing players, the only positive move was retaining Freeney, while some of their competitors in the AFC (read that Patriots) have added several key players.
The schedule looks to give the Colts the top seed in the AFC which makes for an easy road back to the Super Bowl. I don't think the Colts lost all that much. Cato June is easily replaced by Rob Morris. They have great depth at cornerback so Nick Harper won't be that missed. The rest of thier losses are pretty minor. As for the Pats, I don't think 2nd and 3rd string wideouts can be considered key pickups. Between the Chargers's coaching changes, the fact that Baltimore has no offense and the Patriots dealing with the mental hurdles from the AFC Championship game it's fair to say that the Colts with a strong chance at home field look to repeat.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #470
Blue Crack Addict

Donte Stallworth is a tad more than a "2nd or 3rd string" wideout, and you convenienently negelecting to note the Pats' acquisition of the top free agent of 2007 Adalius Thomas.
Things will shake out on the field, but clearly the Pats have upgraded significantly while the Colts have stagnated, and lost a few key players (Morris is not equivalent to June, not nearly as athletic).

And when is the last time the top seed reached the Super Bowl in the AFC? 2003 season.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #471
Blue Crack Distributor

Sun 9/9 at Dallas 8:15 pm
Sun 9/16 Green Bay 1:00 pm
Sun 9/23 at Washington 4:15 pm
Sun 9/30 Philadelphia 8:15 pm
Sun 10/7 NY Jets 1:00 pm
Mon 10/15 at Atlanta 8:30 pm
Sun 10/21 San Francisco 1:00 pm
Sun 10/28 at Miami 1:00 pm
bye
Sun 11/11 Dallas 4:15 pm
Sun 11/18 at Detroit 4:15 pm
Sun 11/25 Minnesota 1:00 pm
Sun 12/2 at Chicago 4:15 pm
Sun 12/9 at Philadelphia 1:00 pm
Sun 12/16 Washington 8:15 pm
Sun 12/23 at Buffalo 1:00 pm
Sat 12/29 New England 8:15 pm

packers, jets, falcons, 49ers, dolphins, lions vikings and bills... so much for tom coughlin getting fired.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #472
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:13 PM
The biggest game of the year is Sunday, September 9th - Detroit vs. Oakland.

One of these teams will have their hopes of an 0-16 season destroyed in the very first week.

We haven't even hit the NFL draft and I'm ALREADY looking forward to the year after next.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #473
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Normal

Drew Bledsoe has retired after 14 seasons.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

I give credit to Bledsoe for being one of the primary reasons for turning the New England Patriots organization around. He had some great games here (the comeback win against Minnesota back in 1994 comes to mind), and deserves to be recognized for what he accomplished.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:50 AM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Bledsoe was a very good quarterback in his early years in NE, just never able to overcome a couple of shortcomings, movement in the pocket and forcing certain throws.
Had he worked on the Dan Marino hop step in the pocket and added it to his repertoire, we might be talking hall of fame shoo in.
As it stands he's got numbers that might warrant election (not first ballot by any means), but its a toss up. Had the Pats beaten GB in Super Bowl XXXI, his status would have been forever changed.

Enjoy your retirement Drew, thanks for helping resurrect the Patriots franchise.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #476
Blue Crack Addict

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/mor...ticleid=194294

Quote:
Peyton digs into his pocket for Tom’s sushi, saki
By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Thursday, April 12, 2007 - Updated: 07:57 AM EST

There are some things that money can’t buy - like being a fly on the wall at Oishii in the South End the other night where Super Bowl XLI MVP Peyton Manning threw down his Mastercard to treat his arch-rival, New England Patriots QB/QT Tom Brady, to sushi and sake.

The Indianapolis Colts QB, who was in Boston doing his Reebok spokesjock thang, spent nearly two hours talking trash with Tom and Pats special teams titan Larry Izzo before heading over to the Big Papi party at Underbar.

The big boys, we’re told, chowed down on black cod with miso, toro tartare, hamachi with elephant garlic and lots and lots of Kobe beef maki. Which isn’t so surprising since good ol’ boy Peyton doesn’t seem like a raw fish kinda guy - unlike Tom, the Cali-bred, supermodel-dating metrosexual!

“There was a lot of stuff,” manager James Sun told the Track.

The Japanese spread was all washed down with many shots of Otokoyama Daiginjo saki, which probably primed Peyton for Underbar’s VVIP section up the street, where a posse of Pats was lying in wait for him to arrive.

While Tom and Larry took a pass on the party, a prepped-out Laurence Maroney, sporting a diamond and ruby Kool-Aid necklace, made the scene with Chad Jackson, Ben Watson and Lonie Paxton, who arrived early in a tricked-out Nissan monster truck. Ty Warren, Ellis Hobbs, Adalius Thomas, Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell rounded out the pack.

When Peyton was asked at the Papi party if he was a little frightened by the show of force by the Pats’ offensive and defensive lines in the roped off section, he said: “I’m trying to be nice to them and I hope they remember that next season.”

Wait a minute. Is this the same Peyton Manning who recently took a jab at Tom Brady & Co. during his “SNL” monologue by vowing to “kick y’all’s ass next year?” Not such a tough guy when the cameras aren’t rolling, eh?

Coincidentally, it was announced yesterday as Manning made his way to the Mohegan Sun to headline a Reebok sales event that the Patriots-Colts grudge match will be played in Indy on Nov. 4. Then let’s see who plays nice . . .

File Under: Food for Thought.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

With all the coverage the draft receives, you'd think it was the Super Bowl this weekend.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #478
Blue Crack Distributor

i'd normaly be pissed that i have to work on draft day but the giants are just gonna fuck it up anyway so i don't really mind
Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #479
Blue Crack Addict

This has to be one of the weakest 1st Rounds in recent memories.

JaMarcus Russell looks to be the next David Carr.
Brady Quinn has bust written all over him.
Calvin Johnson will be an average WR in the league with hints at being the poor man's Randy Moss when it comes to character.
Ki-Jana Carter uhh...I mean Adrian Peterson won't last more than five injury filled years in the league.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:02 AM   #480
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

Calvin Johnson will be an average WR in the league with hints at being the poor man's Randy Moss when it comes to character.
Where are you getting this info from?

Johnson's character has never been an issue to my knowledge...from wikipedia:

Quote:
During the 2006 summer, Johnson (Management)[6] was given the option of working on either constructing environmentally friendly luxury condos, or a project building solar latrines to improve sanitation in Bolivia. Johnson chose the latter, as he wanted to help the less fortunate.[7][8] He also traveled to Bolivia in January 2007 as part of the project.
Yeah that sounds Randy Moss-esque

You're just making stuff up to serve some agenda.

Russell has the physical tools to be a very good to great NFL QB, time will tell on him.
Quinn has been compared recently to your boy Peyton, so don't know why you're down on him, and Peterson will be a top flight NFL back.
And the slagging on Johnson is mind boggling...this guy may be the best player to enter the NFL in years given the combination of size, speed, agility, ability to run routes, quality academic achievement and positive character traits.

This actually looks like a pretty deep draft, which should bode well for your Dolts who could land a quality NFL player at 32.