NFL Draft Thread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #391
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:57 AM
Not sure if this is too soon....

I invented the wind shield wiper

Old 03-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #392
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:57 AM
Somehow the Eagles have managed to vastly underspend every year and suddenly have no cap space, despite not making any moves whatsoever?

We have no LBs, no defensive linemen, no WRs, and no depth. And somehow we have a tiny amount of cap room left?

This year is going to be brutal if the Phillies don't do something.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:54 PM   #393
Rock n' Roll Doggie

No QB possibly until November.

And don't forget a coach who is going through some horrible family issues.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #394
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL
No QB possibly until November.

And don't forget a coach who is going through some horrible family issues.
Why did they let Garcia go to the Bucs if McNabb would not be ready until November?

Sorry if this has already been covered .
Old 03-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Sicy, my intentions were good. You didn't need to act like I was going to challenge you.

I was just trying to stick up for someone I thought was being picked on. I admire the fact that she put up with some of the shit people in here threw at her for so long and kept trying (to varying degrees of success) to contribute. Likewise, she caused a lot of shit that I'm not sad is out of PEUP. I barely ever run into her outside this forum, so I can't speak to anything else. But if she's seriously causing as much shit as everyone is saying she is, why don't you just ban her entirely (this is a genuine question)? People have been tossed for much less.

I'll shut up now and leave you guys to talk about the draft.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Somehow the Eagles have managed to vastly underspend every year and suddenly have no cap space, despite not making any moves whatsoever?

We have no LBs, no defensive linemen, no WRs, and no depth. And somehow we have a tiny amount of cap room left?

This year is going to be brutal if the Phillies don't do something.

you said it
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #397
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

Why did they let Garcia go to the Bucs if McNabb would not be ready until November?

Sorry if this has already been covered .
I don't think it's been covered.

I honestly think this was simply the Eagles organization's way of saying McNabb is our qb and we don't want any controversy here. I think with the way Garcia was playing, it was dividing the team and instead of thinking taht it would be great to have both qb's, they thought it would hurt chemistry. And here's what I know. You mess that up, and you have the Detroit Lions.

Love,
Philk
Old 03-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

I'm not sold that McNabb will be 100% for next season. I think they should have kept Garcia around - he certainly proved how successful he was in their system. Might there have been some sort of QB controversy when McNabb returned? I don't know, possibly, but I think that's a chance they should've taken. Instead they have to rely on A.J. Feeley, who while he did well the last time McNabb was down, isn't nearly as good as Garcia.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #399
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
How do you guys think Garcia will do in the Bucs's system? I really can't see him waiting behind Simms, even if Simms is healthy.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #400
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I'm not sold that McNabb will be 100% for next season. I think they should have kept Garcia around - he certainly proved how successful he was in their system. Might there have been some sort of QB controversy when McNabb returned? I don't know, possibly, but I think that's a chance they should've taken. Instead they have to rely on A.J. Feeley, who while he did well the last time McNabb was down, isn't nearly as good as Garcia.
McNabb will indeed be a mystery. ACL injuries seem to mean different things for different people. Carson Palmer was able to return in 8 or so months and had a very good season. On the other hand you had Mr. Culpepper who stunk up the joint. I believe that Culpepper's injury was deemed more serious, but a blown out knee is a blown out knee and I would suspect it would take a move around QB like McNabb longer to come back than a dropback guy like Palmer.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #401
Blue Crack Distributor

palmer was also a better QB than culpepper to begin with... remember, culpepper had not been very good before his injury, and the vikings record improved once he was gone. he may just be a creation of randy moss (which goes to tell you just how god awful aaron brooks is)
Old 03-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Palmer struggled a little bit last year. I had him on my fantasy team and I would grade him a B-. There were a few games where he showed flashes (Bengals vs Chargers), and some games where he was no where (Bengals vs Colts).

I would expect bigger and better things from him this year. I always thought Culpepper was a decent QB, but maybe it really was the Randy Moss factor. His last two years were horrible.

I hope Alex Smith of the 49ers can keep improving. Norv Turner did wonders for him in just one year. I think his continuing improvment is the key to them making the playoffs this year. Frank Gore had to carry them too much last year, and had a monster year doing so.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:19 AM   #403
Blue Crack Addict

With Turner gone, I'm curious as to how that will affect Smith's development. Hopefully he learned enough last season to carry him through.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #404
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
They realized that everything everyone said about McNabb not being right for the system came true, and that they blew incredible amounts of money on him when a half-as-talented QB who happens to have good accuracy succeeds in the same scenario of West Coats Offense. They're trying to make sure no one else figures it out.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

So basically they have sacrificed the playoffs to keep Chunky Soup happy.