NFL Draft Thread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #346
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:18 AM
We knew Rhodes would leave the Colts, but to the Raiders? Talk about going from first to worst. I guess in this case, money was truly the only factor.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Old 03-11-2007, 09:50 AM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

The Patriots just nabbed Stallworth.

It's a risk because the guy seems to be hurt a lot, but if he stays healthy, the Pats might have finally found a legitimate deep threat.

I'm really amazed at what the Patriots have done this offseason, and we haven't even hit the draft yet.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #348
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
We knew Rhodes would leave the Colts, but to the Raiders? Talk about going from first to worst. I guess in this case, money was truly the only factor.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
I'm sorry to hear this. I don't know how he'll be sufficiently replaced. I sure hope the drunk driving thing didn't have anything to do with the team not wanting to resign him, or him not wanting to stay. They say all the bad guys end up on the Raiders, he's not a bad guy, really, but the team sure sucks. I guess he's happy with one ring and the cash
Old 03-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #349
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
The Patriots just nabbed Stallworth.
Of all the teams to go to...

Old 03-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #350
Blue Crack Distributor

um let's just cancel the season and give the lombardi trophy to the patriots.

they were a second half choke away from winning it all this year... and they're significantly better now. as long as brady doesn't get hurt, they're winning the whole thing.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Brady could be missing time if he decides to take Paternity leave.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #352
The Male

Local Time: 10:18 PM
I'm so glad the Skins are finally building up their defense.

London Fletcher
Fred Smoot (perfect for causing turnovers)
Dre Bly
And hopefully, in the draft, Alan Branch.

Our backfield is going to be scary this year with Springs, Smoot, Rogers, Taylor and Vincent. The group at linebacker looks killer too with Fletcher, Washington, and the strong up-and-comer Rocky McIntosh.

I'm a bit worried about the defensive line though. We had no pass rush last year at all and so far we have done nothing to fix it. Branch is a great athlete but isn't great at rushing the QB.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:16 AM   #353
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
I'm so glad the Skins are finally building up their defense.

Dre Bly

Did I miss something?

Lions traded Dre Bly to the Broncos.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

Ok, this is getting crazy now...

Washington joins rebuilt Pats WR corps

Quote:
Continuing the wholesale overhaul of their wide receiver corps, the New England Patriots on Monday reached a contract agreement with unrestricted free agent Kelley Washington, who played the first four seasons of his career with the Cincinnati Bengals.

The deal can be for as many as five years, with a maximum value of $22 million, but is also structured so that it could be as short as just one season. Washington will receive a signing bonus of $300,000.

As is the case with the six-year contract agreed to with New England by wide receiver Donte Stallworth on Sunday, the Patriots must pick up an option payment to retain the speedy Washington beyond the 2007 season. It is believed that payment is $4 million.

"I am happy to be a part of such a great franchise, and to have the opportunity to help the Patriots get back and win another Super Bowl," Washington said. "The privilege to play with arguably one of the best quarterbacks of all time, Tom Brady, and to be coached by someone like Bill Belichick is a blessing. I am very excited about contributing to the New England Patriots."

Washington also had a contract offer from the Miami Dolphins.

One of the most active franchises in the early free agent market, the Patriots have been particularly aggressive in rebuilding a wide receiver corps that was a major disappointment in 2006. In addition to signing Stallworth and Washington, the Patriots acquired restricted wide receiver Wes Welker from the Dolphins last week for second- and seventh-round choices in this year's draft.

The gamble on Washington is a solid one, given that the Patriots appear to have made a fairly modest initial investment for a player who has enormous physical upside if he can stay healthy and play to his potential.

Washington, 27, is a big, speedy wide receiver whose career has been stalled by a series of injuries at both the college and professional levels. The former University of Tennessee wideout played only one full season for the Volunteers before leaving school early for the 2003 draft.

A third-round choice of the Bengals in 2003, he has 72 receptions for 893 yards and nine touchdowns in 44 games, including six starts. His best season was in 2004, when Washington registered 31 receptions for 378 yards and three touchdowns.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

I like how people keep saying the WRs were a major disappointment last year, when the team came so lose to winning another Super Bowl.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #356
Blue Crack Addict

Golly the Smatriots must be real sore that the Colts won and are trying to build a team to beat them. They hate looking into the magic mirror and seeing they are no longer the fairest of them all. But what's funny is usually when teams go hog wild buying players and building a team they think will be an unbeatable super team, it never works (look at the Redskins)
Old 03-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #357
Rock n' Roll Doggie

With the Pats bringing so many receivers on board, you have to wonder why they didn't pony up the money to keep Branch and/or Givens.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #358
War Child

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Golly the Smatriots must be real sore that the Colts won and are trying to build a team to beat them. They hate looking into the magic mirror and seeing they are no longer the fairest of them all. But what's funny is usually when teams go hog wild buying players and building a team they think will be an unbeatable super team, it never works (look at the Redskins)
When you win three in four then you can smack. The Pats know they need a better team-that being said their team last year was not that bad!! I like how they are actually spending money for a change!!

When is draft day by the way?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary

When you win three in four then you can smack. The Pats know they need a better team-that being said their team last year was not that bad!! I like how they are actually spending money for a change!!

When is draft day by the way?
Last weekend in April.

Two first round picks for the Patriots.