NFL Draft Thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:47 PM
Anyone think that the Pats will show the money to Asante or let him walk like so many others?

Old 02-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

i hope they let him walk all the way to the meadowlands

Old 02-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

The number is quite high, but I wouldn't put it past the Patriots to franchise him for a year if they can't agree to a new contract.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i hope they let him walk all the way to the meadowlands
You want him playing for Mangina the Mangenius?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
If the Bears want to upgrade at QB, they could acquire someone like, say, Brian Griese or Kyle Orton.
There was a time when Drew Brees' name was an option. Wait...that was before this past year. Pff, we surely didn't need him.

And can the Pats put the Franchise tag on Asante?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
He sounded totally psyched.
yeah he totally did

dear vikings:
plz get ppl that can win this time
thx
Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
And can the Pats put the Franchise tag on Asante?
They can, but I don't think that Asante would take too kindly to it. The Pats really need to keep him, one way or the other.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Does anyone think that Grossman will get better with experience? This was the first time he's played more than a couple of games in a season. Injuries really have set him back.

I don't know what to think. He throws a great deep pass, and his accuracy seems to go up and down each week.

I just wonder how he's going to do mentally after the game. It's probably tough being called the worst Super Bowl QB ever over and over and over.

I'm not a Bears fan, but I do feel for the guy a little.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #24
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:47 PM
I just can't wait to see Chris Leak go way too early.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Projected 2007 Salary Cap Figures, if anyone cares

1 San Francisco 49ers $42.1 M under the cap

See this is what I was telling you about Denise DeBartolo York. She robbed the team from her desperate brother Eddie, and she destroyed a fine organization.She looks at it as a business, profit for herself, and you can see they haven't spent much on the players, dead last. And their records show it. Eddie paid, he kept the players happy, and he won five Super Bowls in 13 years (to no losses) which will never be surpassed. You cannot argue with how he ran the team. His sister sucks and she made the team suck
Old 02-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Eddie's free spending ways got the team a super bowl, but Eddie ruined that team with his free spending. The organization was screwed for cap room. Throw in his pending legal troubles, and the 49ers were a sinking ship. His sister bailed the team out.

Denise had nothing to do with the horrible Drafts that have taken place from 96 - till Nolan. Anyone remember the heir apparent to Steve Young....Jim Drunkenmiller!!!!!!

Denise may not really care that much about the product on the field, but she has righted the ship. The 49ers have a great cast of coaches, some very good young talent on both sides of the ball, and may be able to get some help on the FA market.

The days of getting the "hired guns" is over. This is a different club, and hopefully it can return to glory. I have hope for next years team, and with it being the NFC, anything can happen.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

See this is what I was telling you about Denise DeBartolo York. She robbed the team from her desperate brother Eddie, and she destroyed a fine organization.She looks at it as a business, profit for herself, and you can see they haven't spent much on the players, dead last. And their records show it. Eddie paid, he kept the players happy, and he won five Super Bowls in 13 years (to no losses) which will never be surpassed. You cannot argue with how he ran the team. His sister sucks and she made the team suck

Without going back hasn't Headache or Hewson pointed out that the 49ers were killed by the contracts that were given out under DeBartolo during the salary cap era? It took years for the 49ers to recover. The team is in a position to spend money again - see if they do before you say it's the owner's fault.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL

I don't know what to think. He throws a great deep pass, and his accuracy seems to go up and down each week.
So basically they have a poor man's Drew Bledsoe. I think the Bears should think long and hard about upgrading at the QB position.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

and he won five Super Bowls in 13 years (to no losses) which will never be surpassed.
The Pats have 7 years left to match or surpass them
Old 02-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Eddie's free spending ways got the team a super bowl, but Eddie ruined that team with his free spending. The organization was screwed for cap room.
They didn't win the first four with 'hired guns.' The ones they had in '94 weren't that highly paid, Ricky Jackson was making league minimum with a million dollar bonus if they won the Super Bowl. I've always said give every player in the NFL a contract like that and see the level of competition go way up Anyway, they only needed a little boost to get past the demon that was the Smellboys, and they did it. They already had a solid team and a solid organization that had been great for a dozen years. It's no comparison to Daniel Snyder thinking he can buy a team (and failing badly)

Quote:
Throw in his pending legal troubles, and the 49ers were a sinking ship. His sister bailed the team out.
She didn't bail them out, she backstabbed her own brother! Eddie was a player's owner, and that's why they were so successful. He lost the team due to his sad mistakes in judgement, trusted his sister to keep it for him until he was out of hot water, then backstabbed him (signed it over to her temporarily and she refused to give it back) The team has a long way to go to come near the glory that was once theirs for so long. She needs to care more about winning, at least for the reason that the more you win, the more money you make. (if that's all she cares about)