NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is too soon....

I invented the wind shield wiper

Somehow the Eagles have managed to vastly underspend every year and suddenly have no cap space, despite not making any moves whatsoever?

We have no LBs, no defensive linemen, no WRs, and no depth. And somehow we have a tiny amount of cap room left?

This year is going to be brutal if the Phillies don't do something.

No QB possibly until November.

And don't forget a coach who is going through some horrible family issues.

Sicy, my intentions were good. You didn't need to act like I was going to challenge you. :shrug:

I was just trying to stick up for someone I thought was being picked on. I admire the fact that she put up with some of the shit people in here threw at her for so long and kept trying (to varying degrees of success) to contribute. Likewise, she caused a lot of shit that I'm not sad is out of PEUP. I barely ever run into her outside this forum, so I can't speak to anything else. But if she's seriously causing as much shit as everyone is saying she is, why don't you just ban her entirely (this is a genuine question)? People have been tossed for much less.

I'll shut up now and leave you guys to talk about the draft. :wave:

phillyfan26 said:
Somehow the Eagles have managed to vastly underspend every year and suddenly have no cap space, despite not making any moves whatsoever?

We have no LBs, no defensive linemen, no WRs, and no depth. And somehow we have a tiny amount of cap room left?

This year is going to be brutal if the Phillies don't do something.

:yikes:

you said it

kellyahern said:

Why did they let Garcia go to the Bucs if McNabb would not be ready until November? :confused:

Sorry if this has already been covered :reject:.

I don't think it's been covered. :D

I honestly think this was simply the Eagles organization's way of saying McNabb is our qb and we don't want any controversy here. I think with the way Garcia was playing, it was dividing the team and instead of thinking taht it would be great to have both qb's, they thought it would hurt chemistry. And here's what I know. You mess that up, and you have the Detroit Lions. :D

Love,
Philk

I'm not sold that McNabb will be 100% for next season. I think they should have kept Garcia around - he certainly proved how successful he was in their system. Might there have been some sort of QB controversy when McNabb returned? I don't know, possibly, but I think that's a chance they should've taken. Instead they have to rely on A.J. Feeley, who while he did well the last time McNabb was down, isn't nearly as good as Garcia.

phanan said:
I'm not sold that McNabb will be 100% for next season. I think they should have kept Garcia around - he certainly proved how successful he was in their system. Might there have been some sort of QB controversy when McNabb returned? I don't know, possibly, but I think that's a chance they should've taken. Instead they have to rely on A.J. Feeley, who while he did well the last time McNabb was down, isn't nearly as good as Garcia.

McNabb will indeed be a mystery. ACL injuries seem to mean different things for different people. Carson Palmer was able to return in 8 or so months and had a very good season. On the other hand you had Mr. Culpepper who stunk up the joint. I believe that Culpepper's injury was deemed more serious, but a blown out knee is a blown out knee and I would suspect it would take a move around QB like McNabb longer to come back than a dropback guy like Palmer.

Palmer struggled a little bit last year. I had him on my fantasy team and I would grade him a B-. There were a few games where he showed flashes (Bengals vs Chargers), and some games where he was no where (Bengals vs Colts).

I would expect bigger and better things from him this year. I always thought Culpepper was a decent QB, but maybe it really was the Randy Moss factor. His last two years were horrible.

I hope Alex Smith of the 49ers can keep improving. Norv Turner did wonders for him in just one year. I think his continuing improvment is the key to them making the playoffs this year. Frank Gore had to carry them too much last year, and had a monster year doing so.

Last edited:
phanan said:

They realized that everything everyone said about McNabb not being right for the system came true, and that they blew incredible amounts of money on him when a half-as-talented QB who happens to have good accuracy succeeds in the same scenario of West Coats Offense. They're trying to make sure no one else figures it out.

phanan said:
So the Texans have traded for Matt Schaub.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4649552.html

Schaub has shown flashes of being a good QB, but let's face it - he's still unproven. Moving down two spots to #10 in the draft probably isn't that big, but giving up a 2nd rounder both this year and next year is a steep price for a career backup.

Not sure how it'll all work out for Matt either. I don't think he's as nimble as Carr, and Carr still was sacked 265 times in his 5 year career. Unless Houston shores up it's O-line, no QB is going to succeed there.

Will the Falcons use these new draft picks to trade up and get a Calvin Johnson? I know most experts have them picking Defense, but their ownership and fans desperately want a big time WR.

BEAL said:

Not sure how it'll all work out for Matt either. I don't think he's as nimble as Carr, and Carr still was sacked 265 times in his 5 year career. Unless Houston shores up it's O-line, no QB is going to succeed there.

Will the Falcons use these new draft picks to trade up and get a Calvin Johnson? I know most experts have them picking Defense, but their ownership and fans desperately want a big time WR.

perhaps this trade will show that it ISN'T all the o-line's fault. After you've been sacked so many times, my guess is it would be very difficult to look downfield if you're worried about a 300 lb man smashing you into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom