NFL Draft Thread - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Kitty, I remember when Pac Man Fever was played on the radio.
It looks like this Pacman might be gobbled up by the NFL or the police.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

My little brother and I had the whole stupid album with songs about just about every video game that was out.

"here comes Evil Otto push the fire button in.."

I think that was "Berserk"

Otto was a big smilie evil basketball that could not be killed. Once he bounced in the room it was all over

Old 02-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #183
Blue Crack Addict

i didnt know the pacman character drank milk voraciously
Old 02-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #184
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
The Super Bowl MVP was to receive a $10 million roster bonus during the offseason but by converting the money into a regular signing bonus, the Colts can prorate that amount over the remaining four years of his deal. That saves Indianapolis space under the cap, which is $109 million.
This helps a little...but just moves the money to another year.

Polian is a damn good GM and knows the system.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #185
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Dallas Clark is a goofball!

Quote:
Originally posted by BEAL

Yeah, it was a little story here in Iowa. From what I've heard, he always goes back to support his HS teams. Story has it he walked up to a ref, and told him that his crew was horrible. He was probably thrown out because he's DC. Who knows, maybe he was saying horrible things, but it's not like HS students don't do the same thing.
Dallas Clark is a BIG goof ball. I would bet that he was thinking he was funny...and the Iowa high school girls basketball ref took offense. He has that type of sense of humor!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:47 AM   #186
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
i didnt know the pacman character drank milk voraciously
You had to advance to level 69.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:49 AM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

So the Boston Globe is reporting that Corey Dillon is going to retire.

I'd like for him to hang out with the Patriots for one more year, but of course New England's running game is secure for the future with Laurence Maroney.

Dillon has won his ring, and has over 11,000 rushing yards in his career, so I guess he doesn't really need to do anything else.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

Globe says retire, Herald says he wants his release to hook on with a different team:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pat...4571&srvc=home

Quote:
Dillon seeks a new job -- Agent: RB done with Pats, not for good
By Albert Breer/ MetroWest Daily News
Friday, February 23, 2007 - Updated: 02:00 AM EST

Patriots running back Corey Dillon may retire. But as of this morning, he’s not intending to.

After speaking to Dillon late last night, agent Steve Feldman said the future Hall of Fame tailback has asked the Patriots [team stats] for his release, and it will be granted on March 2, the first day of the NFL’s free agency period.

At that point, the agent said, Dillon will seek a new employer.

“We were in discussions the last few days, and based on the roster and the offense, we felt there were better opportunities out there in the NFL,” said Feldman. “He felt like getting eight or 10 carries a game didn’t give him the opportunity to demonstrate the abilities he still has. He figures he has a year or two left where he can be a premier performer.”

Feldman said that once March 2 rolls around, “all options are open,” and retirement would be one of those. But the agent intimated that Dillon would only hang up his cleats if the right offer didn’t come along.

Dillon, 32, has three years remaining on his contract, with a $4.4 million cap hit for 2007.

In 2006, Dillon rushed for 812 yards on 199 carries (a 4.1 average) and 13 touchdowns - an improvement on an injury-marred 2005 campaign in which he averaged a career-low 3.5 yards per rush.

He finished 2006 with 11,241 career yards, tops among active NFL backs and 14th in league history.

Those numbers, in Feldman’s mind, should be enough to buy Dillon a shot to play elsewhere as a lead back.

“He’d love to stick around, if it’s the right opportunity,” said Feldman. “Last season proved he’s still got the pop and the burst to be a primary back. I don’t know if he’s still a 25-carry-a-game guy, but I feel like he could certainly take a good 15 carries a game and be effective.”

What may be even more important, Feldman said, is that his will to do so remains intact.

“Absolutely, he’s still got the passion,” said Feldman. “He’s at a point where he doesn’t have anything to prove, though. He doesn’t need the money, either, so he’ll just do what suits him best.”

However, the Herald reported that, after the Patriots’ loss to Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game, Dillon told teammates that he was done.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

I saw that, too. In any event, he's not going to be with New England next year.

That will help with the cap space. It's not the Pats style, but they've got to be considering signing Adalius Thomas. It would fill a major hole in their lineup.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #190
Blue Crack Addict

Who knows, maybe they cut Dillon and then resign him for 1 year if he can't get the type situation he wants elsewhere.
I'd like him around for 2007, but probably no longer.
He really has lost his burst, quite a few times this year he busted through the line and got easily tracked down from behind while losing steam.
He's really not a feature back any more, but still a good inside power back. 12-15 carries a game seems right, with a speed back (Maroney) getting another 15-18 carries.

If he goes, like you said, its $4.4 mil of cap space, they can draft a 2nd back in the middle rounds or pick up an inexpensive free agent (Dominic Rhodes should come cheap these days) for like $1mil or so.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #191
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Rhodes may be even cheaper now:

After failing two field-sobriety tests, Rhodes told Hafez he had consumed two or three alcoholic drinks. While sitting in the police car's front seat, Rhodes urinated on himself, the report said

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS03/702230474

That's just good stuff right there.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #192
Blue Crack Distributor

he only had a 0.09... so he really was barely over the legal limit and probably did only have what he said he had and just ironicly pissed himself 'cause he popped the seal, and of course, once ya pop ya can't stop.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Tomlinson's Dad killed in car crash

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

My Daddy died the same way, I certainly feel for him tonight
Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

Normal

Guys, I'm sorry for dragging this thread down with my sad story. We've had our moment of silence, you can go back to playing around now.

But I do wonder how this tragedy in his life is going to affect Tomlinson's play next year. He could be overly inspired to win in honor of his Dad, or depressed he's not there to see it. I'm sure the media will make a story of it like they did with Brett Favre's Dad, which upset him.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #195
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Honestly, I think that by the time next season has rolled around, no one will even mention the fact the LDT's father died. Favre's Dad was different since it happened in the middle of the season - right before a game.