NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldnt it be funny if this thread got closed and we could never talk about football again because spin off threads aren't allowed?

Chizip said:
wouldnt it be funny if this thread got closed and we could never talk about football again because spin off threads aren't allowed?

Guess people better behave. :flirt:

I'd also like to add that I am so tired of almost every problem in the sports forum involving U2Kitten. Not that No spoken words has behaved appropriately either, but really, U2Kitten, I'm beyond tired of reprimanding you, and the mods here have been extremely generous with warning you.

Bonochick said:
I'd also like to add that I am so tired of almost every problem in the sports forum involving U2Kitten. Not that No spoken words has behaved appropriately either, but really, U2Kitten, I'm beyond tired of reprimanding you, and the mods here have been extremely generous with warning you.

WHY do you always blame ME? I say something, somebody picks on me, and I answer back, yet I am the ONLY one who ever gets the blame. Like in the "Bono is a hypocrite" stuff, the SAME four girls ALWAYS jump my case, and you never say a word to them, it's always ME! When are you going to learn that no one person can ever cause any trouble if nobody ever messes with them? I am sick to death of being singled out by name. I am not a bad five year old. Everyone involved in an argument is just as guilty regardless of who you like better or agree with, or who runs and rats me out like a little second grade tattletale. You know, there really wasn't even a fight here, and it had died down. Your post only made things worse, because I wasn't mad at what anyone else said and wasn't going to post again until you pissed me off with another singling out by name. I can't believe I was the one who recommended you to Sicy as a good mod. You've done nothing but humiliate me all over the board ever since you got the job. There really wasn't an issue here, until you made it one. I agreed with they guy who said 'let's get back to football' and I was ready to do just that, then here comes Mother Katherine with her ruler to beat me on the hands again. Honestly, some stuff would die out a lot faster if you didn't stir it up with offensive, personal bashing posts like yours. I am a very good mod on two other boards, and I know the one thing you NEVER do is single one person out by name publically like you continue to do me.

Oh, and stop acting like you are the only reason I'm a mod, and now I'm stabbing you in the back. It's untrue and tiresome.

Pass the popcorn, and feel free to get back to discussing football...especially about how the Packers will surely have a stunning season and that Brett Favre is amazing. :wink:

Bonochick said:
Pass the popcorn, and feel free to get back to discussing football...especially about how the Packers will surely have a stunning season and that Brett Favre is amazing. :wink:

capt.txps10103052110.texans_green_football_txps101.jpg

discuss :wink:

U2Kitten said:

WHY do you always blame ME? I say something, somebody picks on me, and I answer back, yet I am the ONLY one who ever gets the blame. Like in the "Bono is a hypocrite" stuff, the SAME four girls ALWAYS jump my case, and you never say a word to them, it's always ME! When are you going to learn that no one person can ever cause any trouble if nobody ever messes with them? I am sick to death of being singled out by name. I am not a bad five year old. Everyone involved in an argument is just as guilty regardless of who you like better or agree with, or who runs and rats me out like a little second grade tattletale. You know, there really wasn't even a fight here, and it had died down. Your post only made things worse, because I wasn't mad at what anyone else said and wasn't going to post again until you pissed me off with another singling out by name. I can't believe I was the one who recommended you to Sicy as a good mod. You've done nothing but humiliate me all over the board ever since you got the job. There really wasn't an issue here, until you made it one. I agreed with they guy who said 'let's get back to football' and I was ready to do just that, then here comes Mother Katherine with her ruler to beat me on the hands again. Honestly, some stuff would die out a lot faster if you didn't stir it up with offensive, personal bashing posts like yours. I am a very good mod on two other boards, and I know the one thing you NEVER do is single one person out by name publically like you continue to do me.

Sorry to tell you but you humiliate yourself. How you can not see the tone of your posts and how they come across is beyond me, and that is what starts all the arguments. The entire mod team and majority of the forum cannot be wrong, sorry. Not to mention your constant rude insults to Bonochick are unacceptable and need to stop right now.

If a mod has to warn you ONE MORE TIME in this forum, you're out of here. And dont think I'm joking. We are all sick of it and you are not worth the headache. You should feel lucky to be even allowed to post here after all the trouble you've caused over the years.

I really don't see Favre helping out the 2007 Packers. I think he should just hang them up while he has his health. Then again, once he retires the NFL might screw with his benefits. Maybe that's why he won't retire yet.

Kitty, like we all suggested earlier, why don't you just go over to Zoo Confessional if you've got something you want to get off your chest? That might be a more proper forum. Chastising Bonochick is just going to get you nowhere slowly.

I guess all I can do is remain optimistic. That's pretty much how Packer fans have to be in order to deal with a season now. :laugh: It helps that I live in an area filled with Lions fans...they don't have much to sing about either.

Yes, the Lions really suck. Most of the expansion teams have made it to the Super Bowl, but the Lions still have no Super Bowl appearance.

BTW, EVERY NFL player should be concerned about their benefits when they retire.

benefits are pretty damn good for football players these days. it was only the pre 1977 players that got screwed.

Chizip said:
benefits are pretty damn good for football players these days. it was only the pre 1977 players that got screwed.

Really? 24,000 a year in pension. Former Steeler, Mike Webster had to wait until after he was dead for his family to get disability. I think you've got the NFL confused with MLB.

Did I miss the post about Thomas Jones being traded?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788962

Or how about Lance Briggs wanting to be traded b/c he doesn't like being franchised? Or I should say, he wants a big contract...which we offered him before, but he turned it down. He wants out of the organization.

:sigh: To be honest, I could have predicted this at the beginning of this past season. And I do think this is a kind thing to do for Jones. But I guess you could argue that Briggs does deserve the contract/money.

Oh, and did you also hear Tank Johnson is NOW looking at jail time for again breaking his parole? But don't worry, he learned his lesson last time. :tsk: If this is true, he should be released. (I can't verify this, it's a story from my dad. And he could be confused b/c of the pending trials)

go bears...

Edit: I want to clarify. I hate seeing Jones go. But I knew the organization wanted to go with Benson. He was the 4th overall pick. They think he's ready, Jones will only sit the bench or be a 3rd down back at best. He will be good in New York. I will miss him. But it was the kind thing to do. I'm so scared now. Rex and Cedric? We have a lot to prove.

Last edited:
the jets got thomas jones for a pair of joe namath panty hose and a bucket of kfc extra crispy.

i understand chicago wanting to trade him, but shit... they couldn't have gotten more than that? all they did was swap 2nd round picks. i'd rather trade him straight up for a third round pick and keep my own 2nd rounder. i don't get it.

I can only guess that the Bears thought it was worth moving up about 20 spots in the second round for, but hell, if they wanted to do that, make the Jets throw in a fifth or sixth rounder as well then.

At least when the Dolphins knew they would lose Welker, they worked it out with the Pats to tack on a seventh rounder to make it easy for everyone. You never know who you'll get in those late rounds. Just ask New Orleans about last year.

Tom Brady, 6th round...not much more evidence necessary that late round picks can be valuable.
Like phanan mentioned, the Saints got Marques Colston last year in the 7th round with only 3 players drafted after him.
Adalius Thomas was also a 6th rounder.

Bears...lets not mince words...were stupid and got screwed by the Jets on that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom