NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the money that has been flying around the past 72 hours, Briggs can see that the Bears have kept him off the gravy train by franchising him.
He would likely have commanded more than anyone on the market this offseason, even more than Gil Meche.

U2Kitten said:

You have to be a little weird to be a creative genius. Look at those Southpark guys.

those south park guys have their own tv show and millions and millions of dollars.

you post on interference about a novel you may or may not have written with your brother involving retractable roofs and smellboys.

perhaps their creative genius outranks yours.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

those south park guys have their own tv show and millions and millions of dollars.

you post on interference about a novel you may or may not have written with your brother involving retractable roofs and smellboys.

perhaps their creative genius outranks yours.

Well I have never tried to sell anything so how do we know if I would have been succesful or not? I know that is why I am a loser in life, it is because I was meant to do something like that and missed my calling. Look at how many famous people are weird.

Kitty, you're no loser as long as you like U2.(Although, I do think your use of the term smellboys is hugely lame)Anyway, the Colts finally won this year, so keep soaking up the victory.
If you don't feel so great about yourself, I suggest you head over to Zoo Confessionals and do a little venting. You'll feel better if you did.

U2Kitten said:

Well I have never tried to sell anything so how do we know if I would have been succesful or not? I know that is why I am a loser in life, it is because I was meant to do something like that and missed my calling. Look at how many famous people are weird.

Weird and talented can be mutually exclusive. Being the former does not guarantee having the latter, and not everyone in possession of the latter is the former. Weird and delusional might be more likely to go hand in hand.

Calling the Cowboys the Smellboys, or just simply rhyming a team name with a psuedo-insult does not exactly reek of creative genius, to be honest.

No spoken words said:

Calling the Cowboys the Smellboys, or just simply rhyming a team name with a psuedo-insult does not exactly reek of creative genius, to be honest.
Yes, but what about inventing the retractable roof sometime in the mid-late 1980's?

No spoken words said:

Weird and talented can be mutually exclusive. Being the former does not guarantee having the latter, and not everyone in possession of the latter is the former. Weird and delusional might be more likely to go hand in hand.

You have NO idea what else went on, and still does. Some of it was really, really good. Every time I see a 'funny' TV show I think how much better I'd be, or my brother, or his friend. True genius has not really been seen since Monty Python (a few Southparks maybe) But one of the reasons I like SP is because they do stuff I would have done. I totally called the Chef going into the Vader suit before it happened, and stuff like that. Don't knock me until you've dug through my entire closet. Some of the ideas for parodies and crossovers are hilarious.

I never meant that was genius. That was just a stupid childish insult that stuck. I don't think it's great or talented or anything. It's lame.

Last edited:
and how on topic it always is.

But since my team picks last :rockon: I don't give a shit about the draft this year!

U2Kitten said:

You have NO idea what else went on, and still does. Some of it was really, really good. Every time I see a 'funny' TV show I think how much better I'd be, or my brother, or his friend. True genius has not really been seen since Monty Python (a few Southparks maybe) But one of the reasons I like SP is because they do stuff I would have done. I totally called the Chef going into the Vader suit before it happened, and stuff like that. Don't knock me until you've dug through my entire closet. Some of the ideas for parodies and crossovers are hilarious.

I never meant that was genius. That was just a stupid childish insult that stuck. I don't think it's great or talented or anything. It's lame.

I have a feeling that if I went through your entire closet, I'd be too in need of immediate medical attention to mock you.

If you or your brother are oozing so much talent, you ought to do something about it. The people that get their TV shows on the air work their asses off to make their dreams a reality, and then work even harder to keep their shows on the air.. Maybe you laugh, maybe you don't, but at least they had the guts and drive to translate their talent into something tangible. Oh, and if you can't see the genius in shows like The Wire, Deadwood, The BBC version of the Office, Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, Cheers, etc, then I don't know what to tell you.

And, I'm sorry to mock you, but, I have to say, you make it too easy. It's almost like you beg for it, and today I felt like obliging because it's unfair for someone like you to mock people who are dedicated to their craft and who pour their heart and souls into it.

And to stay on topic, because I actually understand sports, I'm always interested in my team's draft pick because as quality teams show over and over, the draft is not just about who picks early on. I'm hoping the Steelers get a little offensive line depth, some of their linemen are getting up there in years.

Last edited:
Phanan, would you want him on your team? To me, it'd be a decent gamble. He's not exactly the ultimate team player, but, he's not as bad as TO. I think.

Like the Thomas signing a lot.

At first thought, I'd be wary of him coming to the Patriots. But then I see the parallels when they brought Corey Dillon aboard, and look how great he was for three seasons here.

I think he'd do well here. He'd have to restructure that contract big time if he wanted to come to New England, but at this point, I'd think he'd do anything to get out of Oakland and play for a winner.

I think that the Dillon comparison is apt, yeah. I think Randy would go there and behave. Brady would have a field day throwing to someone of that caliber.

No spoken words said:

have a feeling that if I went through your entire closet, I'd be too in need of immediate medical attention to mock you.

You don't have a fucking clue, so don't judge.

If you or yoIur brother are oozing so much talent, you ought to do something about it. The people that get their TV shows on the air work their asses off to make their dreams a reality, and then work even harder to keep their shows on the air..

I was always to afraid and too lazy to try. But that is the only difference, they stuck it out there, I hid mine.

Oh, and if you can't see the genius in shows like The Wire, Deadwood, The BBC version of the Office, Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, Cheers, etc, then I don't know what to tell you.

I always found Seinfeld and Cheers overrated, boring, and not funny.(my brother loves them) I haven't seen those other shows. I'm too busy wasting my time on the computer and messing with a messed up bunch of fuckers in my life.

And, I'm sorry to mock you, but, I have to say, you make it too easy. It's almost like you beg for it,

Actually I'm subconciously begging for quite the opposite, but now I see how mean everyone is, don't worry, I'll never bare my heart and soul to you again.

and today I felt like obliging because it's unfair for someone like you to mock people who are dedicated to their craft and who pour their heart and souls into it.

Well, I put my heart and soul into it too, and you don't respect that. Creative stuff is very personal, and having it put down hurts- especially when you haven't even read it, you just hate it because you hate me so you're sure it must suck.

Well don't bash Scott Stapp either, he puts his heart and soul into his work too remember!

And to stay on topic, because I actually understand sports, I'm always interested in my team's draft pick because as quality teams show over and over, the draft is not just about who picks early on. I'm hoping the Steelers get a little offensive line depth, some of their linemen are getting up there in years.

I was actually joking, but seriously, the Colts can't afford anyone new, they can't even afford to keep the guys they got.

I sure hope that the Pats don't get Randy Moss! :no: Then again, he's awesome, but he's got a bad attitude problem and will never reach his full potential because of it.

U2Kitten said:
Actually I'm subconciously begging for quite the opposite, but now I see how mean everyone is, don't worry, I'll never bare my heart and soul to you again.

if you really want to "bare your heart and soul," go do it on Zoo Confessionals or in your Journal, and please, for the love of pete, don't fucking do it in the NFL football thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom