NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey... That Edleman catch was clear as day a catch on one replay. You do not challenge that play. You pay someone to watch replay, and on first view it was clearly a catch.

Atlanta might want to have that timeout here.
So many bad choices.

If I've learned anything since November it's that evil just always succeeds. Ah well.

That was one of the best games in Super Bowl history, won by the best QB and coach in NFL history; of which there is zero argument anymore (if there was to begin with)

It was a great game. I'm not much a fan of tale of two halves games where one team is garbage and then the other follows suit, so I wouldn't rank it up there at the very top, but it was a classic.

I just feel bad for Atlanta (the city, not the team).

It was a great game. I'm not much a fan of tale of two halves games where one team is garbage and then the other follows suit, so I wouldn't rank it up there at the very top, but it was a classic.

I just feel bad for Atlanta (the city, not the team).
Classic ending without question.

Congrats Pats fans. That had to feel fucking amazing.
I'm not happy for a lot of reasons that go beyond football, but I know how I'd feel if it were my team. So, obviously I'm happy for the people I know who support the team.

One thing I am dreading though, is work tomorrow. I work with the most obnoxious Pats fan you'll ever meet. Drives around with Fuck goddell bumper stickers on his car, owns at least ten different anti goddell shirts, that he wears almost every day. He's very boisterous, and I just can't stomach the thought of being in a room with him for ten hours tomorrow [emoji38].

One thing I am dreading though, is work tomorrow. I work with the most obnoxious Pats fan you'll ever meet. Drives around with Fuck goddell bumper stickers on his car, owns at least ten different anti goddell shirts, that he wears almost every day. He's very boisterous, and I just can't stomach the thought of being in a room with him for ten hours tomorrow [emoji38].

haha that sound awful. I have a friend that fits that very description of an obnoxious Pats fan. The funny thing is, he was a Raiders fan all the time we were growing up, but when the Pats started winning championships, he becomes a Pats fan all of the sudden.

Funny how that works:wink:

Falcons just completely blew it in the 4th quarter...

3rd and 1 up 2 scores, and you pass? Strip sack leads to a touchdown.

Julio Jones makes an incredible catch to get you into field goal range... and you keep passing when a field goal ends the game?

Did they forget they had Donta Freeman on their team?

And the Edleman catch was clearly a catch on one review. I get that New England will be trying to hurry up on the play, but you pay a guy to review plays immediately. The world saw it was a catch before Brady for everyone to the lone, but the guy whose one job is to see the replay didn't? And you burn a timeout outside the two minute warning challenging a play that was clear?

Bad bad bad.

The genius of Bill Belichick and his second half adjustments aside, Atlanta had multiple opportunities to put that game away and blew it each and every time.

Julio Jones makes an incredible catch to get you into field goal range... and you keep passing when a field goal ends the game?

And the Edleman catch was clearly a catch on one review. I get that New England will be trying to hurry up on the play, but you pay a guy to review plays immediately. The world saw it was a catch before Brady for everyone to the lone, but the guy whose one job is to see the replay didn't? And you burn a timeout outside the two minute warning challenging a play that was clear?

Bad bad bad.

The genius of Bill Belichick and his second half adjustments aside, Atlanta had multiple opportunities to put that game away and blew it each and every time.

Yeah the choice not to run after the Julio catch is the most puzzling. And like you said it's clearly a game over situation.

Man, I'd hate to be a Falcons fan right now. Holy shit.

Well that was a fun night. I thought Gaga killed it halftime. I didn't have a dog in the fight but glad to see my boy Kyle Van Noy get a ring. He had a huge sack to start the comeback. That fourth quarter and OT was intense watching it with mostly Pats fans. Will certainly go down as an all time classic.

Congrats to all the Pats fans. A win like that must feel incredible.

Last edited:
zctk0ouodkrehcpea4rf.jpg

So, uhhh... What's new?

The Pats are the kings of baiting stupid teams into passing on them when it's completely unnecessary.

Kyle Shanahan's horrendous playcalling in the clutch somewhat eases the pain of seeing an ex-OC of ours succeed so profoundly elsewhere. We're still a bunch of idiots regardless.

Last edited:
I can't find the post I made somewhere on the internet that says "sweet I can watch the half time show now and go to bed knowing it's over even though Atlanta probably won't win. It just helps me sleep thinking the patriots lost."

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the GPOAT.

Bad bad bad.

Re: the Edelman challenge, very likely the clock was going to hit the two minute warning before the Pats snapped the ball, so Falcons could have seen many replays and still challenged if they wanted as the play happened before the 2 minute warning (but they'd have seen a challenge would have been fruitless), so the decision to throw the challenge flag at 2:03 cost them their final timeout and gave the Pats one extra snap to boot, really poor decision as you stated.

Back
Top Bottom