NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how Green Bay of all teams stops that Atlanta offense when no one has all year, whereas I've seen the Packers' relatively one dimensional approach be slowed on a number of occasions this season and Atlanta's defense has improved enough to challenge them. I think they get the necessary stop or two that Dallas couldn't and edges out a win in a shootout. The Packers just aren't healthy enough to be the favorites here. 35-30 Atlanta sounds about right.

Meanwhile, the Steelers have their work cut out for them. I think their best chance to beat the Pats was this weekend, that game was really sloppy and the Texans couldn't capitalize because Osweiler is terrible. They should come out much sharper in the championship round and beat a Steelers team that was inconsistent throughout the year but has solidified into a very talented group with a great defense and myriad offensive weapons. Any other situation and they win but this one is brutal. 24-20 Pats.
If it were mid November I'd agree with you. Packers offense just dropped a combined 72 points in the last 7 quarters against 2 really good teams without their #1 WR.

As much flak as I give the Packers D they have shown the ability to bend and not break, giving up 3 instead of 7.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I didn't say they would get shut down or anything, just that it's more likely the Falcons get a key stop than the Packers.

It'll probably be a game decided by who gets the ball last.

Last edited:
Washington football club interview Rob Ryan for defensive coordinator

Duck-Hunt-Dog-Laughing-At-You-Gif.gif

the over opened at 58.5, which is just silly. it's still sitting at 60, which is also just dumb. i imagine it'll go up some more from here and probably settle in the 63-65 range, with the spread being 2.5 at kick off.

but right now... Green Bay +4, +170 money line and over 60 have all been hammered by this guy.

Unfortunately for you, Mike McCarthy looks like he has the under.

Gotta give it to ATL. Good season Packers. Never thought they'd be playing in this game about 2 months ago.

Gotta give it to ATL. Good season Packers. Never thought they'd be playing in this game about 2 months ago.

Very true. This was definitely a "didn't belong here" kind of season, so I'll take what we got, it was a lot of fun to watch, just hate to see things crumble like they have in this game.

At least Capers will very likely finally get the ax.

Given Green Bay's injury list, I have to wonder if their doctors/conditioning coaches don't believe in weightlifting or something crazy like that.

I cannot possibly complain about a season that ends after the AFC Championship game, especially if it concludes with a loss on the road to a team like New England. I can't say enough about that franchise, despite my antipathy for all things New England.

SR/Hewson/Phanan, congrats and enjoy the next two weeks....and good luck against Atlanta.

Man if you have been a Pats fan since 2001 it has been nothing but winning. What a spoiled fanbase :wink:

Hoping the Super Bowl is more exciting to watch than the two games today.

I hope NE wins the SB.

I hope Brady wins SB MVP.

I hope he takes both trophies , turns 'em sideways, and sticks 'em straight up Roger Goodell's candy ass!

Goodell is about to find out in 2 weeks that karma can be a bitch.

Go Brady Go!!

Man if you have been a Pats fan since 2001 it has been nothing but winning. What a spoiled fanbase :wink:

Hoping the Super Bowl is more exciting to watch than the two games today.

Been a fan since the early 80's myself, so have definitely experienced the highs and lows of this team.

But yeah, the last 15 years have been remarkable.

Back
Top Bottom