NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think the Packers run the table the rest of the way, but I like their chances of taking out Dallas in a rematch.

Chiefs/Falcons is my ideal matchup, but I don't see that happening.

I can't hate the Giants too much. The only team to challenge Dallas all year and brought Fox their best new Sunday night comedy in ages.

Honestly I've been kinda forcing it the last couple years to keep hating them. I just have such miserable memories of those losses, but I respect SO many people on that team and have no good reason for disliking them so just. Besides the playoff disasters.

Man, all four games next weekend are rematches. That's a little disappointing. Other than Pats/second bye week they all look good on paper though.

Last edited:
Man, all four games next weekend are rematches. That's a little disappointing. Other than Pats/second bye week they all look good on paper though.

To be fair, Tom Brady was still on gardening leave the first time the Patriots played SBW, so it's kind of like a fresh game.

4 catches on 11 targets and a couple of key drops in the first quarter (one in the end zone) for Odell Bieber Jr. should play well on the back pages in NY tomorrow.

4 catches on 11 targets and a couple of key drops in the first quarter (one in the end zone) for Odell Bieber Jr. should play well on the back pages in NY tomorrow.

the receivers going on that boat had absolutely nothing to do with the Giants losing.

The Giants lost 'cause they blew a chance to open up a lead early, allowing the Packers to stick to their gameplan and ultimately let Rodgers get hot... and when Rodgers gets hot, he's a fucking buzz saw.

The drops by Beckham in the first quarter were not because he was on that fucking boat. The 90s Cowboys had a house full of coke and strippers down the street from the stadium and won 3 rings. LT snorted coke in the locker room before games.

That said... if Beckham wants to be the center of attention; have the commercials, the crazy hair, be everywhere, act like a tool during pre-game - then he has to back the shit up. If you want to be THAT GUY then you have to be THAT GUY. He's as talented a receiver as there is in the game, but he shit the bed yesterday. If he makes a few catches that an average NFL receiver makes, let alone an All Pro, the Giants could have had a two touchdown lead early and the entire game changes.

He's a generational talent, but he's an immature putz, and as much as the boat has absolutely nothing to do with the drops... he deserves whatever criticism gets sent his way today, because when you do everything in your power to draw attention to yourself, you're going to get attention drawn to yourself... good and bad.

Hopefully he learns and continues to mature. I do actually think he took some good steps this year (after the net debacle) - but he's not there yet.

I know the Bieber orgy didn't affect the outcome of the game, but the point is that it will be looked upon as such by some, and Beckham has shown he can't handle criticism already, so how he reacts will be interesting.
People still mention Romo playing wife swap with Mr. & Mrs. Witten and Jessica Simpson in 2007 in Mexico as a contributing factor to the Cowboys' ouster by the G-Men, and that was during a bye week.
No doubt some in the media will pin the poor performance of the Giants receiving corps on the Bieber curse.

Good news for my team. Jordy Nelson isn't actually dead and has a chance to play this Sunday. My hunch is they'll sit him but if the Packers can somehow get past Dallas, it looks better for Jordy to contribute in the NFCCG.

the receivers going on that boat had absolutely nothing to do with the Giants losing.

The Giants lost 'cause they blew a chance to open up a lead early, allowing the Packers to stick to their gameplan and ultimately let Rodgers get hot... and when Rodgers gets hot, he's a fucking buzz saw.

The drops by Beckham in the first quarter were not because he was on that fucking boat. The 90s Cowboys had a house full of coke and strippers down the street from the stadium and won 3 rings. LT snorted coke in the locker room before games.

That said... if Beckham wants to be the center of attention; have the commercials, the crazy hair, be everywhere, act like a tool during pre-game - then he has to back the shit up. If you want to be THAT GUY then you have to be THAT GUY. He's as talented a receiver as there is in the game, but he shit the bed yesterday. If he makes a few catches that an average NFL receiver makes, let alone an All Pro, the Giants could have had a two touchdown lead early and the entire game changes.

He's a generational talent, but he's an immature putz, and as much as the boat has absolutely nothing to do with the drops... he deserves whatever criticism gets sent his way today, because when you do everything in your power to draw attention to yourself, you're going to get attention drawn to yourself... good and bad.

Hopefully he learns and continues to mature. I do actually think he took some good steps this year (after the net debacle) - but he's not there yet.

This is a great post. I absolutely agree with every word.

Good news for my team. Jordy Nelson isn't actually dead and has a chance to play this Sunday. My hunch is they'll sit him but if the Packers can somehow get past Dallas, it looks better for Jordy to contribute in the NFCCG.
My one hesitation with the Pack going forward is that they took a fucking beating yesterday.

When they got stuffed on 4th and short and the Giants scored a few plays later, I thought the momentum had completely shifted our way.

And then Aaron Fucking Rodgers, followed by just an absolutely brutal special teams mistake by Bobby Rainey,. 3 and out, and an(other) awful punt by Brad Wing.

Bobby Rainey and Brad Wing, btw, not on the boat for those keeping score.

But let's talk about Mike McCarthy for a second... What a bonehead fucking call to go for it on 4th down in his own territory. If the Giants had won yesterday, that would be the absolute headline today. He got let off the hook after the egg that was laid in the second half. But really really dumb.

My one hesitation with the Pack going forward is that they took a fucking beating yesterday.

When they got stuffed on 4th and short and the Giants scored a few plays later, I thought the momentum had completely shifted our way.

And then Aaron Fucking Rodgers, followed by just an absolutely brutal special teams mistake by Bobby Rainey,. 3 and out, and an(other) awful punt by Brad Wing.

Bobby Rainey and Brad Wing, btw, not on the boat for those keeping score.

But let's talk about Mike McCarthy for a second... What a bonehead fucking call to go for it on 4th down in his own territory. If the Giants had won yesterday, that would be the absolute headline today. He got let off the hook after the egg that was laid in the second half. But really really dumb.

Yeah, I threw a fucking fit at that play call. I actually had less of a problem with the decision to go for it and more of a problem with the play call. Thought a play action pass would have worked.

Yeah, they took a beating but looks like they may have dodged some bullets. Nelson has a chance to play. Monty and Martinez are going to be ok.

Mostly worried about stopping the Cowboys' run game. I do think if they beat Dallas they'll beat either Atlanta/Seattle. The Super Bowl would obviously be a challenge. We'll see. I'm tempering my expectations because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment but this definitely has the feel of a team that gets hot at the right time.

Yeah, I threw a fucking fit at that play call. I actually had less of a problem with the decision to go for it and more of a problem with the play call. Thought a play action pass would have worked.

Same. The decision was acceptable, but the play call was so predictable and bad that it was doomed from the start. If there's a 90% chance you're running, a high percentage play action throw just beyond the marker will do just fine. Or a QB sneak. Anything but what McCarthy called.

Same. The decision was acceptable, but the play call was so predictable and bad that it was doomed from the start. If there's a 90% chance you're running, a high percentage play action throw just beyond the marker will do just fine. Or a QB sneak. Anything but what McCarthy called.

And my axe. That play was insanely bad, but I didn't mind them going for it.

No way Nelson plays Sunday.

29xyi4l.jpg

I'm hearing the Steeler game is going to move into primetime on Sunday due to issues concerning an ice storm approaching KC.

As for Porter, I mean, if coaches need to be held to high standards then even if all charges but public drunkenness and disorderly conduct are dropped, he deserves some sort of punishment/suspension.

I'm hearing the Steeler game is going to move into primetime on Sunday due to issues concerning an ice storm approaching KC.

Really?
Has a playoff game ever been moved before?
Would be better for me as I am visiting my Mother in law Sunday afternoon and will not get to devote full attention to the game whereas Sunday night would be clear.

Really?
Has a playoff game ever been moved before?
Would be better for me as I am visiting my Mother in law Sunday afternoon and will not get to devote full attention to the game whereas Sunday night would be clear.

Yeah. Hearing it will be announced in the next hour or two.

Not sure if one has ever moved before. Nothing leaps to mind but I'm senile as fuck.

I can't recall anything either. I remember a regular season game about 20 yrs ago moved from Sunday to Monday night (might have been in Miami and due to a hurricane), but nothing in the playoffs.

There you go.

Can only help the Pats the following week (assuming they squeak by Houston) to have the opponent play Sunday night instead of afternoon.

Sounds like with LA getting the Chargers, the Raiders to Vegas is seeming more likely.

I would welcome it as it will likely be the closest the NFL ever gets to Utah. An NFL game would only be a five hour drive or 50 minute flight away.

Back
Top Bottom