NFL 2014 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully the season doesn't get delayed again.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Johnny Football is already flipping opposing teams off and we're only at the halfway mark of preseason:

863978211.gif

Scoreboard. :lol: Take your L and sit down.

I am actively rooting for Brian Hoyer in this case.

Don't think that sentence has been written down too often in the history of Earth :lol:

This is hard for me, because I desperately want to see the Browns succeed to some extent or another (I just can't help myself when it comes to an underdog, I guess), but I really just can't stand that kid.

I have to take the opposite side of the spectrum. I love Johnny Football. I hope he ends up being an all pro. I think he is good for the game. Football needs its heels and he fits that description perfectly. As much as I hated TO he was great for the game. Even when Brett Favre acted like a big douche, that was great for the game.

His talent is good for the game. His attitude has always sucked. His douche status, even at this stage of his career, will likely surpass anything we've seen from Favre & T.O. before this season is even done.

You know what else would be good for the game? Seeing Johnny Football getting twisted up like a pretzel week after week by DE's who are tired of his punk antics.

In a league full of criminals I'm really not going to concern myself with the guy who likes going to Vegas.

In the end he'll be as good as his arm and brain allow himself to be. If he thinks he's going to rely on his feet like he did in college he'll end up a crippled mess like every other running quarterback.

In a league full of criminals I'm really not going to concern myself with the guy who likes going to Vegas.

In the end he'll be as good as his arm and brain allow himself to be. If he thinks he's going to rely on his feet like he did in college he'll end up a crippled mess like every other running quarterback.

You make a compelling point here.

However I could care less about Johnny goes to Vegas, honestly. Its what he does on the field that bothers me more. Why? I guess because when i was his age i was off fighting in whatever war we had at the moment instead of getting millions of dollars to act like a total d-bag.

Okay - that was my choice alone. But who do the kids nowadays look up to? The guy has a ton of talent, he's getting paid big money, and he's on TV all of the time. He's like Justin Bieber - with skills.

Its too bad the NFL doesn't have another "good guy" halo for kids to want to emulate instead of this guy.

I'm just not impressed by a millionaire douchebag, I guess. Aren't there enough deplorable human beings in the NFL as it is? I'd cheer for Russell Wilson over JFF any day.

I'm just not impressed by a millionaire douchebag, I guess. Aren't there enough deplorable human beings in the NFL as it is? I'd cheer for Russell Wilson over JFF any day.

What is deplorable about him? What has he ever done that's "deplorable?". Do you have these same feelings about Gronk, who's the same person only in tight end form? Is it the ESPN hype?

Honestly... What has he ever done that's so different and " deplorable " from what others have done and nobody says shit about?

What is deplorable about him? What has he ever done that's "deplorable?". Do you have these same feelings about Gronk, who's the same person only in tight end form? Is it the ESPN hype?

Honestly... What has he ever done that's so different and " deplorable " from what others have done and nobody says shit about?

I didn't mean to imply that he is a deplorable human being. I just don't understand why I should root for yet another millionaire douche, one who hasn't even proven he can succeed in this league. Why is he good for the game, exactly?

I mean, I love John Riggins. The guy has a record. I don't care if JFF goes to Vegas the night before a game or whatever.

His attitude is terrible when he loses though, which is going to need to change very quickly. As a Brown, he will be losing frequently.

I don't care if you root for him at all... I just don't get the hate.

Nothing wrong with indifference.

The only reason why I even remotely root for him is because of all the irrational dislike thrown his way. Other than that I could give two turkeys about what the browns do.

I think the dislike thrown his way is well deserved. While there are a lot of players who show boat and act like total D bags, at least most of them have somewhat earned their little TD celebrations. I admit its part of the game now, Michael Irvin did it 20 years ago so its not exactly something new.

The thing with Manziel, at least in my opinion, he comes from wealth and he flashes dollar signs and taunts other players, gives other players the finger, etc. It most certainly rubs people the wrong way - the average NFL fan is not going to relate to that - same thing when he was in college. It's very easy to dislike him and not one bit lazy to do so either.

On one hand he is young, immature, which all of us were at that age. On the other hand, he is being treated as a grown up in a high profile profession, so why not act like it? You don't see the Manning brothers doing that crap.

Kids are going to wear his jersey, they are going to watch him, and im pretty sure some of them are going to think its okay to act like a complete prick on the field because Johnny Football did it.

What ever happened to teaching players the value of good sportsmanship and/or letting your play speak for itself?

Can I hate him because his nickname is "Johnny Football"?

I had to Google all of this. I heard people on the radio talking the other day about Johnny Football, and I had no effing clue what was going on. I thought it was a general term, like "John Q. Public." :lol:

Who gives a flying fuck about who the kids have to look up to? There are plenty of boring pro athletes. Russell Wilson was just mentioned; he is a great play. But how boring can one man be? I admire the ones who embrace the entertainment. Fuck the Brian McCann's of the world.

I grew up cheering for Charles Barkley and I turned out kind of normal.

Back
Top Bottom