NFL 2014 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am predictable

He should resurface Thursday.
His posting habits the last couple years are to post 17 times on Thursday...just the pick'em, so I expect him back again.

:nerd:

Sadly, Interference is the only thing keeping me interested in the NFL

All the drug violations don't do it for you?

How about illegal contact, defense, 5 yards, automatic first down?

Nope. Just a U2 fan site. Makes perfect sense, right?

On another note - when did college football start putting touchbacks at the 25? Notice that on saturday at the Bama/West Virginia game (I may have been in the same building as U2Bama).

Fuck Goodell! Doesn't he know you need that shit to actually enjoy the Kentucky Derby.

Related yet unrelated... Shouldn't Welker be retiring now anyways? Or is it Goodell's fault that he keeps playing with 30 concussions even though everyone in the world knows how dangerous that is? I'd like some clarification on that.

Gonna be a great game tonight.

Agreed. While I obviously want the Packers to win, it won't be the end of the world if they don't. The only way I would come out of this game concerned is if the Packers got blown out the way the Broncos did 7 months ago.

If my world ended every time the Cubs lost I'm not really sure what I would do with myself.

I'm definitely interested to see how Green Bay plays this game on Offense. If there is a weakness on the Seattle D, it's their ability to stop the run between the tackles, and I would expect that with Lacy, Starks and Harris, there would be plenty of handoffs up the middle setting up play action for Rodgers. Also, one item to note, the refs working tonight's game called more illegal contact penalties than any other crew both this preseason and the 2013 season. Will that have any impact?

On the Defensive side of the ball, I'm curious to what some of the "behind the curtain" schemes that have been installed during the offseason. Word has it that there have been some unique pass rush packages installed involving Peppers and Matthews. They absolutely cannot let Russel Wilson scramble for a lot of yards tonight.

While I'm a believer that the Packers Defense will be much improved this season, I think the main reason the Packers could lose this game would because their Defense isn't completely ready or in mid season form yet. I actually think the Packers Offense will have some success in this game.

Should be fun, glad my team is in the spotlight tonight so I can spend all day Sunday watching my fantasy players! :hyper:

Related yet unrelated... Shouldn't Welker be retiring now anyways? Or is it Goodell's fault that he keeps playing with 30 concussions even though everyone in the world knows how dangerous that is? I'd like some clarification on that.

Yes, I'd say for his own mental and physical health, he should retire.

On a side note, I do commend the commish for admitting he was wrong and the punishment for domestic violence related issues was too lenient.

No, because I don't care one whit about college sports.

Are we going to have to listen to 90s grunge tunes as the bumper music for every commercial break?

... although the alternative is probably Macklemore, so I guess I'm okay with it.

Maybe they'll at least throw in some Jimi Hendrix.

Back
Top Bottom