NFL 2014, Part 2: Boom Shakalaka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I know everyone here is such a huge Packers fan, here's some interesting gloating about Aaron Rodgers:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- For those who still want to compare Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre, here's something to consider: Rodgers will make his 100th career start on Monday night against the Atlanta Falcons at Lambeau Field and if the Packers win, he will have a 68-32 record in those games.

Care to guess what Favre's record was in his first 100 starts?

Try 68-32.

But in 99 starts, Rodgers already has more touchdown passes (219) than Favre did through 100 (194), fewer interceptions (54 to 104) and more passing yards (27,193 to 24,079).

Favre's 100th start came two weeks after he turned 29, while Rodgers' comes a week after he turned 31.

With 219 touchdown passes, Rodgers already has the most in NFL history in the first 100 career starts. Dan Marino was the closest with 214. Next best was Favre's 194.

If Rodgers throws for 293 yards on Monday, he will have more passing yards in his first 100 starts than any other player in NFL history. Tony Romo currently holds that distinction with 27,485.

And Rodgers' touchdown-to-interception ratio (219-54, 4.06) is nearly twice as good as anyone else's in NFL history in their first 100 starts. Donovan McNabb (2.13) and Tom Brady (2.10) are next best. According to ESPN Stats & Information, the only way Rodgers could not have the best touchdown-to-interception ratio through 100 starts would be if he threw no touchdowns and 49 interceptions on Monday night

: Rodgers will make his 100th career start on Monday night against the Atlanta Falcons at Lambeau Field and if the Packers win, he will have a 68-32 record in those games.

Care to guess what Favre's record was in his first 100 starts?

Try 68-32.

Brady was 76-24 in his first 100 starts....BOOM SHAKALAKA

Favre threw way too many INT's especially late in his career.
But man could he act.
After taking the role Drew Bledsoe and subsequently Steve Young turned down

I miss the texts I used to receive from Favre. :sad:

Really though, how crazy would it be if Rodgers threw for 0 TD's and 49 INT's on Monday.

I almost hope he does it, because it would be the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

I'm too old, at this point, to have the same starry-eyed wonder towards Rodgers that I did towards Favre, hence, I will always prefer him to Rodgers. It's not Rodgers fault he can't be my real dad.

I almost hope he does it, because it would be the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

I'm too old, at this point, to have the same starry-eyed wonder towards Rodgers that I did towards Favre, hence, I will always prefer him to Rodgers. It's not Rodgers fault he can't be my real dad.

Favre will always be special because he revived football in Green Bay. Luckily I started watching football around 1986-87 so only had to endure about 6 years of losing, but to see someone like my dad literally geek out over the fact that the Packers finally got scheduled for a MNF game in '93 after sitting through 25 years of losing was something to watch. And Favre was part of that crew (including Wolf, Holmgren, Reggie) that restored football in Green Bay.

Aaron Rodgers is about equally fun to cheer for though, just considering how his pro career started by sliding in the draft and then being put in the middle of all the Favre drama. He's almost too good to the point where it's boring and as much praise as he receives, he probably should get even more. We might be witnessing the best quarterback to ever play the game right now. I'm guessing once Manning, Brady, and Brees hang 'em up, the attention Rodgers will get will be over the top and it's good to see him getting a lot of national praise again. Can't say enough good things about him.

I prefer Rodgers. The commercial onslaught is irritating, but he seems like a good guy. All business and delivers on the field.

I would like to see Rodgers throw 49 picks because I don't think the Eagles can beat the Packers in Green Bay in the playoffs.

I don't think the Eagles are going anywhere in the playoffs, too many turnovers. This kind of run isn't sustainable when you give the ball away so often.

Rodgers is a great QB, honestly one of the best of all time IMO. I dunno how fair it is to compare stats though with quarterbacks who aren't currently active, simply because the rules are so different in the passing game now. Interesting that the win-loss records of him and The Wrangler are exactly the same though. Just from watching the two of them in my time I would take Rodgers, but I was too young to really see Favre in his prime. My memories of Favre mostly are of the mess that happened when he left Green Bay and him being an interception machine in the last few years of his career. He really was the epitome of a boom-or-bust quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That the Eagles are 9-3 while turning the ball over at that rate is a minor miracle. Chip Kelly really is a wizard, and all I really want as a sports fan at this point is for the Eagles to get Chip a quarterback.

That the Eagles are 9-3 while turning the ball over at that rate is a minor miracle. Chip Kelly really is a wizard, and all I really want as a sports fan at this point is for the Eagles to get Chip a quarterback.

As I mentioned last Thursday during the game, I can only imagine the kind of juggernaut the Eagles would be this year with a top-5 quarterback. They wouldn't have beaten Green Bay most likely but I think they would have more easily handled SF and Arizona, and be 11-1 now.

The fact that this team is still winning games right now speaks more to the skill of the coaches than anything, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Should be a timeout penalty for ordering a measurement that's that far off. Or the officials should just sack up and deny the measurement in the first place.

Props to Chip for going for it on 4th and a foot there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom