NFL 2014/2015 - Super Bowl Postmortem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess when Sherman said "24" to the camera, he was talking about his team's score at the end of the game, huh?

What a heel turn for God last night though. I mean, God and Russell Wilson were so close and then he turned his back on him. Should be interesting to see the fallout of that relationship.

10501999_10103812480396202_4510692289504513325_n.jpg

What a heel turn for God last night though. I mean, God and Russell Wilson were so close and then he turned his back on him. Should be interesting to see the fallout of that relationship.

God's cell phone battery was obviously way low.

What a horrible group of commercials last night.
Laughed at 2 of them, Brady Bunch Snickers and of all things the Ted 2 trailer.

As for the game, fantastic game, had a bit of everything. The refs did not hand the game to the Pats as someone who shall remain nameless suggested in the last thread suggested, plenty of non calls on both sides, refs let them play for the most part and made for a better viewing experience. Carroll to his credit took full blame for the play call, easy to 2nd guess him when it fails. I, like speedracer was confounded as to why the Pats hadn't used a timeout, they weren't leaving any shot for themselves had Seattle scored. But perhaps if the Pats stop the clock, Seattle runs Lynch on 2nd and even 3rd down so somehow it worked out.

And most importantly I think its safe to say this finally completely closes the retractable roof on the Brady vs. Manning debate. Cant't be any sane sports fan left who sides with Peyton on that one now.

PS: I hate snow.

The home where I was watching the game had a lot of kids running around. They spent most of the first half clamoring for Katy Perry. :lol: They were really getting nuts at the 2 minute warning. When they saw the game clock was at 2 minutes, they actually thought it would end in 2 minutes. Silly kids. :lol:

Awesome game, by the way. Congrats to all of the Pats' fans here!

As for the game, fantastic game, had a bit of everything. The refs did not hand the game to the Pats as someone who shall remain nameless suggested in the last thread suggested, plenty of non calls on both sides, refs let them play for the most part and made for a better viewing experience. Carroll to his credit took full blame for the play call, easy to 2nd guess him when it fails. I like speedracer was confounded as to why the Pats hadn't used a timeout, they weren't leaving any shot for themselves had Seattle scored. But perhaps if the Pats stop the clock, Seattle runs Lynch on 2nd and even 3rd down so somehow it worked out.

And most importantly I think its safe to say this finally completely closes the retractable roof on the Brady vs. Manning debate. cant't be any sane sports fan left who sides with peyton on that one now.

PS: I hate snow.

Yeah, I think Belichek got away with one by not using his timeout there. I rememeber questioning why he was letting that precious time come off the clock. But luckily and even dumber coaching decision was made. The only play that I would have accepted other than a Lynch run was a read option play there.

Congrats though. It was a little tough for me to watch considering I felt that the Packers should have been playing but with Rodger's gimpy leg, I don't know that he would have outdueled Brady last night. Classic performance and fun game to watch.

As for the game, fantastic game, had a bit of everything. The refs did not hand the game to the Pats as someone who shall remain nameless suggested in the last thread suggested, plenty of non calls on both sides, refs let them play for the most part and made for a better viewing experience.
Seattle gets away with more physicality in the secondary than any team I've ever seen at any level of football, so to complain that the issue was New England's secondary getting away with something and not Seattle having a trash ass wide receiver corps is hilarious.

What a weird poetic way the NFC side of the playoffs turned out this year:

Detroit feels like they got screwed against Dallas
Dallas feels like they got screwed against Green Bay
Green Bay completely crapped away a double digit lead in the 4th qtr against Seattle
Seattle completely crapped away a double digit lead in the 4th qtr in the Super Bowl

I could watch that GIF so many times.

Steve Czaban said it so well this morning, basically saying that no, everybody outside of Seattle doesn't hate Seattle because they're jealous, but because they just don't find their act to be cool anymore.

The fact that Sherman made it personal with the whole "24" thing only to give up 2 straight TD's felt like poetic justice. I hope that team crumbles when they give their above average QB 20mil/yr and can't afford to resign half their defense over the next few years.

What a weird poetic way the NFC side of the playoffs turned out this year:

Detroit feels like they got screwed against Dallas
Dallas feels like they got screwed against Green Bay
Green Bay completely crapped away a double digit lead in the 4th qtr against Seattle
Seattle completely crapped away a double digit lead in the 4th qtr in the Super Bowl

If you go back to the last thread i sort of predicted this would happen

anyway, great game, very enjoyable finish.

In other news, Johnny Football has gone to rehab. Hope he gets his stuff together.

I could watch that GIF so many times.

Steve Czaban said it so well this morning, basically saying that no, everybody outside of Seattle doesn't hate Seattle because they're jealous, but because they just don't find their act to be cool anymore.

The fact that Sherman made it personal with the whole "24" thing only to give up 2 straight TD's felt like poetic justice. I hope that team crumbles when they give their above average QB 20mil/yr and can't afford to resign half their defense over the next few years.

Yea I liked Sherman last season, but I'm over his whole "I'm the best" thing. He's not. Revis is still better than he is, and Revis isn't even close to his pre injury self.

Seattle will have real problems keeping this team together. They've done a tremendous job building the roster to this point, but the real test of how good a GM you really are is about to begin. They have some damn hard decisions to make this off season.

And most importantly I think its safe to say this finally completely closes the retractable roof on the Brady vs. Manning debate. Cant't be any sane sports fan left who sides with Peyton on that one now.

Yep. Brady is a MUCH better Playoff QB. You're correct :wink:.

Yea I liked Sherman last season, but I'm over his whole "I'm the best" thing. He's not. Revis is still better than he is, and Revis isn't even close to his pre injury self.

Seattle will have real problems keeping this team together. They've done a tremendous job building the roster to this point, but the real test of how good a GM you really are is about to begin. They have some damn hard decisions to make this off season.

Exactly. This is where hitting in the draft is critical. The Packers were prime examples in 2012 and 2013 where they were paying for less than average drafts in 2010 and 2011. Now, they're seeing the other side because they pretty hit jackpot in 2013/2014 drafts.

Back
Top Bottom