NFL 2013 Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dude in my fantasy league had it all locked up.

Until the Cowboys D net him -9 points.

Lost by 6. :lol:

I can't believe I lost this week :sad:. Second highest point totals: Lost 120-111 :sigh:. Nothing I could've done to make it better, either. Now I'm back to being tied for 1st :uhoh:

Other league, I need Mike Wallace to get 22 points tomorrow :faint:

Ill root for that. Sproles gave me a 15 point lead versus his Tampa D (who plays Tampa D...?). I'd love to see my team, particularly Wallace, do crazy damage to the Tampa defense.

Or try a long FG...? Where exactly were they? Definitely a stupid decision.

Think FG is the worst decision of the three -- a miss obviously is horrible, but a make isn't all that great either because the other team is now in four-down mode for the whole field (or at least until they get into FG range).

According to Advanced NFL Stats, the right call on 4th-and-2 from the opponents' 33 is to hold your nose and go for it.

Punting only gets you an extra 25 yards or so, and the other team needs only a FG to win. If you go for it, obviously failing is terrible, but it seems like the possibility of converting and being able to ice the game with an opening-drive TD makes it worthwhile. I wouldn't totally swear by this analysis though

Terrelle Pryor of Oakland Raiders says he has a sprained MCL - ESPN

Happening_zpsd9ca826e.gif

Think FG is the worst decision of the three -- a miss obviously is horrible, but a make isn't all that great either because the other team is now in four-down mode for the whole field (or at least until they get into FG range).

According to Advanced NFL Stats, the right call on 4th-and-2 from the opponents' 33 is to hold your nose and go for it.

Punting only gets you an extra 25 yards or so, and the other team needs only a FG to win. If you go for it, obviously failing is terrible, but it seems like the possibility of converting and being able to ice the game with an opening-drive TD makes it worthwhile. I wouldn't totally swear by this analysis though

Idk, I have more faith that the Cincinnati defense can hold the goal line than they can hold the FG. This is overtime here, points matter.

Idk, I have more faith that the Cincinnati defense can hold the goal line than they can hold the FG. This is overtime here, points matter.

Ok. But a 50-yard FG for Cincy is no gimme.

There's another wrinkle regarding the punt as well - supposing that Cincy pins Baltimore deep, if Cincy forces a fourth down, it actually makes sense for Baltimore to go for it deep in their own territory. If they punt back, Cincy may only need 10-20 yards for a now-game winning FG.

I'm not sure why it's a bad thing that Baltimore would be playing four downs... if they fail to convert, they lose.

The point is that it's harder for Cincy to get a stop in that situation than it would be during regulation. As you know, four down mode doesn't just mean an extra down, it also opens up the playbook on third down.

I understand that. But in the event that they don't score, then what? The other team only needs to get as far as their 30 for them to have been considered losers. If they don't score (punt, missed FG, turnover). If they do score, the other team needs a TD.

IMO it's just a question of how much faith you have in your kicker.

I am not a fan of College football, but I actually wish the NFL would adopt their OT system.

I understand that. But in the event that they don't score, then what? The other team only needs to get as far as their 30 for them to have been considered losers. If they don't score (punt, missed FG, turnover). If they do score, the other team needs a TD.

IMO it's just a question of how much faith you have in your kicker.

Well, there's a reason I said "hold your nose and go for it." And perhaps chugalug a double Scotch as well.

And we're playing as if we're the worst!

The Shanahans' employment should not survive this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom